What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

pogo

Juniors
meanwhile miranda have firmed to unbackable odds to win this years trophy as one of their danger teams taren point crashed to be all out for 75 runs against the lowly caringbah inn team!!

bad signs for the tp team as caringbah inn have recently been beaten outright!!

it looks like sus and illawong will represent the only danger to the pesegrines!!

Macca

Coach
Don't count out Bosco Pogo. They were too ggod for the Magpies yesterday and bowled us out for 122 and are already 2 for 50 odd.

The debutant didn't impress either only managing 13. Alot of work needs to be done by our top order as the middle to tail order can't keep bailing us out.

P.S. I can honestly say that what the Association has done with Woronora Heights is an absolute joke. Three different sections of synthetic and they are not the same level. What makes it worse is that one of the seams is just short of a good length. Bloody dangerous.

lolesi

First Grade
We got bowled out for 124 :|

Had a bowl had em 6/34, got em all out for 87

Happy with that heh !

lolesi

First Grade
Yeah got 3/15 of 6 again, and got a run out haha! first ever!

Was a fun game, against Aquinas who i have played for, bout 5 years, alot of fun sledging out there, was great!

My old team mate was at the non strikers end, and i was bowling to my best mates younger brother, anyway i kept hitting him on the pads, a couple of close calls, but i was not to upset none of them had not been givin out, so last ball of the over i bowl it, he plays and misses and as im walking back the non striker goes " geez mate you cant even get it on the stumps to bowl it out ", i laughed, thinking geez thats not much confidence in ya team mate, next ball got him plum LBW, turned back and said " i dont need to bowl him mate " he just put his head down and looked away heh, was a fun day

lolesi

First Grade
Yeah, the Miranda team we played last week had won both of thier games outright, and we demolished them, so i think we should do it very easy!

Our best batsman comes back from injury next match also, things will get better, i will not have to open the batting heh!

pogo

Juniors
mcsharkie i will mention that tomorrow night at the delegates meeting re w heights unless you have already told john harvey, you shouldnt let it go unreported mate,

the whole wicket should be returfed i agree.

sounds like bosco go ok, it might be a more even comp than we thought, though i am impressed by your depth.

Macca

Coach
Well Bosco have 22 players, so they are pretty good in the depth stakes.

Regarding the pitch, we will be making a report at the end of the game.

pogo

Juniors
22 players struth thats what i call depth.........we have 12.....lol

ohh maybe 13!

pogo

Juniors
regarding that woronora heights wicket mate..........i think it best if the association doesnt fix it until after the 18/12 game where tp play miranda.

young edwin cozmolovic( now ready to play after shoulder acupuncture) has got wind of the seam just short of a good length and is looking to square up for his mate matt payn who has been troubled by a split webbing!

and you thought it was just indians who preferred dodgy wickets!!!

regards harbobjhan.....

Macca

Coach
:lol: I might sit that oneout then. Bloody opening the batting, these days. Not that I mind.

pogo

Juniors
struth mcsharkie you are versatile!!!

did u get any runs??

how are the bosco bowlers??

i hear your mate took a screamer in the martin shield......i told you the depth is there!!

Macca

Coach
Yeah, he says it was the best catch he has ever taken.

I only got 4, run out at the bowlers end, direct hit by mid off. I timed it too well and it got to him to quickly.

pogo

Juniors
i think u will find that w heights may be returfed mcsharkie as the juniors are blueing about it too.

bloody stupid to have that situation , three strips of carpet at different heights

another interesting note was the agreement by all delegates that something need sto be done re duty umpires disgraceful lbw performances.
the issue was raised by engadine and supported by all.

it seems that a sheet explaining the rule will be produced for captains to give to ALL players in an attempt to get better duty umpiring standards

and the website will be up on wed www.ssca.asn.au

and in club news edwin cozmolovic is again likely to be out for 6 weeks after damaging THAT shoulder ......believe it or not....playing darts!!!
you can now open against tp at whts on 18/12 ..see u there

Macca

Coach
Well I am glad the assoc. is getting a website!! I think they are doing a good job and I hope they continue that with the above mentioned ideas.

pogo

Juniors
are you confident mcsharkie????

the top of the ladder position is on the line this week mate!!

the boys keep asking me when you are going to grace us with your company for a beer after the game at taren point..............or are you barred from associating with us??

call in eddie cozmolovic is keen to meet you and i can give you that shirt and the blue prints........they make wonderful reading in hindsight.

by the way are you still known as the aravindas??

pogo

Juniors
taren point a2 won outrright 2 down chasing against caringbah inn
wins also to the b5 and a3 ....if the b7 win today it will be 4 from 4 for the first time

how did the pies/aravindas go mcsharkie ???

Macca

Coach
We lost. Not enough runs. Had them 8 down when the went past us.Good result for your blokes.