What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

pogo

Juniors
you must be my vintage sheros

ken whatley finished a while ago , while rod wahtley (unsure if related) i believe was still playing with illawong last season

miranda are a shadow of the club they were in the 70,s !! ( mens comp)

their stalwarts from that era would not tolerate their current rorts

Macca

Coach
The same boring "facts" you keep coming up with.

Here's a fact for you, we have beaten you twice this year! :lol:

pogo

Juniors
and.........our blokes have shitty footwork too, i already told them.

well you can ensure we dont make the final ...just lie down against bosco..pretty simple i guess thats already been discussed at board level though!!!

put that in the blue print!!

pogo said:
you must be my vintage sheros

ken whatley finished a while ago , while rod wahtley (unsure if related) i believe was still playing with illawong last season

miranda are a shadow of the club they were in the 70,s !! ( mens comp)

their stalwarts from that era would not tolerate their current rorts

Ken and Rod are father and son. I can hardly remember many of the players in the B4s of 1979. John Bryson, Ian Nicholls, Greg Faulkner and Mark Gardner.

I have better memories of 1978 16Bs. Ian Collee, Graham Johnston, Kevin Dolan-Brown, David Jones, David Kelly, Matthew Whiting, Ron payne, and Glen Staunton. We won the comp only losing one game. The coach Mr Whiting was a great blokem he gave everyone a go.

pogo

Juniors
sheros, ian collee is still playing and opening the batting for miranda rangers A3 (good bloke) and still scoring plenty of runs.

good to see you have happy memories of junior cricket, a great game and one where you make lots of good mates.

Rodrigo

Juniors
Ahhh! good to see cricket in the shire is still alive as i fly over select grounds on my pet pterodactyl listening to maroon5, track #4 making dinosaur noises. 8)

Rodrigo

Juniors
thanks for the healthy welcome McSharkie, glad to be onboard. Does either yourself or Pogo(Hi Pogo) have the standings for your A2 comp?
Do either of you guys wish to give a half term report of your team? Are you satisfied or dissapointed with your success this year? And what are your expectations for the second half of the season? Are you guys asking Santa for a couple of IMPORTS for xmas?
Are the Rangers still a force in Shire cricket?

I know lots of questions!...... I am a very inquisitive dinosaur?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Rodrigo

Juniors
hmmmm Edwin Cozmolovic! pretty sure i saw his name in the paper today , he was deported to Bosnia last night! as a suspected terrorist.... so it looks like instead of bowling handgrenades at batsmen , he will be throwing them at tanks in a warzone!

pogo

Juniors
this looks like a gee up but here goes anyway

rangers are a very good side in a3 and many of their players have been playing in th ssca since the 70,s.........always a good side to play, competitive and play in a good spiriit

if you go to www.ssca.asn.au you can access all grade tables

taren point a2 have been huge underachievers, they probably need to win their remaining games, however teams above them all play each other and they have a bye up their sleeve., so they are still some chance of figuring in march
a3 are in third spot , look a chance of a finals spot
b5 will be a very good side next year, stuck by hsc,schoolies etc , can win all remaining games with all players back on deck, but very very unlikely
b7 look our best hope of a finals berth.

imports??? ......... you would be better of asking mcrorter, rodrigo, his club has a penchant for imports.!!

by the way rodrigo you werent once a gloveman for miranda rangers were you???? circa 1975??

Rodrigo

Juniors
AHhh the 70's Pogo, a great time indeed ,when mum and Dad would come to the cricket for the 3 hours then you would spend the next 10 at somebodies place while mum and dad drank themselves to shutdown! then woke up a bit piled the family in the car and drove home! (Damn Booze bus killed the fun).
As for being a Ranger! No never was bought up playing for another club ......... who often battled the Rangers Magpies and taren point and i am glad to say we came away with the spoils more often than not!
As for being a keeper! the closest i ever got was being backstop for this one keeper i played with. A vulgar man who's personal hygiene was at times questionable along with his self pronounced expert ability and a wide range of sports. The only thing i ever saw him do well,that was leaving a pub with out saying goodbye!
I do ask about the Rangers though, i feel a closeness to them since i played a couple of seasons with the Byron Bay BushRangers! back when i fled the city to the Byron shire to find my inner self! there ....or at Ballina Pub is where i found my passion in life! besides cricket of course and that is dinosaur noises ! I am held in the most high regard by my pre historic loving peers . They love it at the Ballina Pub, i get free ice for entertaining the locals with the many and varied noises! I am touted as Rodrigo "Dinosaur illusionist" and with my faithfull aprrentice Solar power Shane we woo fellow hippies at comunes up and down the coast!

Pogo, It is indeed a shame that your club is not faring as you expected , i do recognise a few of the names in the lineup you listed last week ,players of fair calibre. I guess in your clubs infancy dissapointment must be endured to one day taste the success that you eagerly yearn for! possibly this year and the next few will be like a apprenticeship, you know got to do your time and get some cred out there before making a mark!

As for McSharkie , your team has too benn unimpressive from street talk and results listed on this site! once again i ask for some sort of half yearly update on your standings and REFLECTIONS on the first half of the yearsome sort of insight in to the Magpie camp!

Am off to the clubhouse now with my mates Baz, Linz, Jimmy J, Gunny and Westy
for a couple of chardonnays! and to meet some patrons ;-)

Macca

Coach
Well my half yearly report is simply this:

ON TARGET. No big totals yet because as Pogo will tell you, we are trying to rort the whole competition and sneak in under everyone's radar. I bet even if we had been selected in A1's as we had hoped, he would still be peddling this crap.

It might be different had the big friendly bundy bear not pulled us out of the fire vs Taren Pt a couple of times this year.

Rodrigo

Juniors
mmmm bundy! a few of these will go down today!
Merry Xmas Mcsharkie, Pogo and all , I am off to a nudist camp with no web access for the next few days to capture that elusive all over tan!

Hope Santa brought you some batsmen for xmas!

Rodrigo...... bbbbbwooooaaaooooaarrrr! :)

pogo

Juniors
deported to..............BOSNIA?????

geez careful rodrigo...i believe he often frequents this forum and you may have unconciously identified yourself with that post.

he is very much on the outer at taren point after failing to show up at some most important games.

still no one is game to argue with him.

hope you enjoy the camp.

Latest posts