What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

Macca

Coach
Always a pleasure beating Dragon types and we crushed Bazza nad his mates today. Speaking of Bazza, this guy can bowl!! Had a big part in reducing us to only 7/196 of our 45 overs. He didn't bat too badly either but with only 9 of them, they were always in trouble and got rolled for 48.

Onwards to the final.

Rodrigo

Juniors
McSharkie said:
I don't want you there ROD rigo

well i was there, spent some time perched on the lovely gazebo and on the telegraph pole! even swooped at a drongo riding a dirt bike . The game was pretty one sided from my prehistoric view, i wanted to get close to the scorebook but was intimidated by some of the people under the shed. then i took a flyover to Gwaley oval and watched the goings on there for a while .Once again didnt get close enough to see the scorebooks,

Pogo how did your team go mate, and which one were you!

pogo

Juniors
table update

miranda magpies 68
taren point 62
bosco 62
illawong 58
caringbah inn 47
sus 38
st geo 22

LOL good on you rodrigo , you should have swooped in and had a cold powerade with the taren point boys.

we are not in any way intimidating, just ask the SUS club boys who put up a great fight considering they had their two top players out.
thats a bit SUS if you ask me especially in a must win game for us...i hope no one from the point was offering incentives or DISincentives?

tpc thanks to a great start from their opening bat posted 5/164 off a reduced 41 overs due to the understandably slow over rate caused by the hot conditions.

the shitty footwork seems to be gone rodrigo, maybe the opposition bowling was just SUS.

SUS were never really in the game 3/36 then 5/50 before they limped to 110 or so, they put up a great fight i must say in trying conditions.

cricket..........what a great game.

Macca

Coach
Sets up a massive game between TP and Bosco this week doesn't it?

We have Caringbah Inn who also seem to be finding some form.

pogo

Juniors
i d say they are all massive games now for the top four sides as any of those teams can miss out on a finals berth.

i reckon though they will all be taking it one game at a time and wont underestimate their opposition.....blah blah blah.

still miranda are the raging hot favourites, highly rated by their opposition teams and deep into the red with the bookies.

as you would expect for a team with such depth and such a record throughout the season.....8 wins and 2 losses is a very imposing statistic.

1 comp game left for one team 2 for others and 3 games left for two "lucky" teams....who will they be?

bazza

Immortal
McSharkie said:
Always a pleasure beating Dragon types and we crushed Bazza nad his mates today. Speaking of Bazza, this guy can bowl!! Had a big part in reducing us to only 7/196 of our 45 overs. He didn't bat too badly either but with only 9 of them, they were always in trouble and got rolled for 48.

Onwards to the final.

Well played McSharkie
A shame it wasn't too close - but we batted long enough to avoid you guys going for the outright.
Good luck in the finals - you guys certainly take your cricket seriously

Macca

Coach
bazza said:
McSharkie said:

Onwards to the final.

Well played McSharkie
A shame it wasn't too close - but we batted long enough to avoid you guys going for the outright.
Good luck in the finals - you guys certainly take your cricket seriously

Yeah we play to win. We wouldn't enjoy it if we didn't. At the same time though, if we do lose, we still get a buzz out of trying to win so it's all good.

We'll certainly be doing our best to win this year Bazza but there is a couple of very good sides who are breathing down our neck and we will have to perform better than we have all year if we are to have a chance.

pogo

Juniors
judgement day has arrived for four teams... after this round the finals picture will be much clearer.

will miranda choke against caringbah inn?

will taren points depleted side be able to beat bosco?

and will illawong be able to beat s g leagues outright?

what a cracker round.

pogo

Juniors
updated results

bosco 10/112 vs taren point 1/10

miranda 230 odd vs c inn yet to bat

apparrently the magpies skipper posted a top 100 to put his side in reach of a finals berth.

meanwhile at w heights after dismissing bosco for 112 tpc lost an early wicket to finish at 1/10.

some absolutely woeful behaviour in this game which is a must win for both sides.
had a black and white umpire been officiating at this game i am sure there would have been a big problem for one bosco player , however two or three of the tpc players need to have a close look at themselves also.

interesting times ahead with 3 weeks to go to decide the finalists.

any idea on the illawong v st geo game??.............bazza???

bazza

Immortal
pogo said:
any idea on the illawong v st geo game??.............bazza???

Leaguies batted first and for the first time in a long time put in a decent display and finished with 183 after about 53 overs.
Illawong are 0/33 at the close of play after about 6 overs. 2 dropped catches by the leaguies could come back to haunt them - but no real chance of an outright

pogo

Juniors
thanks for that reply bazza

by the way reports are filtering through of an all in brawl in an A1 game which was abandoned by the duty umpires.

if it was as bad as reported i m sure ths shit will hit the fan at tonights ssca meeting.

Macca

Coach
I think they are the best 2 sides. Depends whether your late starter is playing as to who is better by the look of it.

pogo

Juniors
you neednt worry about him mate i dont think he will be playing..

besides he is yet to get any runs.........but we still have to beat bosco , so a lot of this speculation is premature.

we have to take it one week at a time!

Macca

Coach
Well if you can't manage 112 then you don't deserve to make the final and neither do Bosco.

All the best.

pogo

Juniors
spot on mcsharkie...our boys said the very same thing saturday night over a few cold ales at the tph.

thanks for the best wishes :shock:

Latest posts