What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you Benji

FlameThrower

Bench
Don't care what anyone says, he was great early on but 2005 was a lifetime away. He was made to look good with Scott Prince as the controller. Never the same after Prince left the Tigers.
If it was just the money, he could have looked at ESL or even Japanese Rugby. He blew his chance to renew for $300K and was left embarrassed by nobody making any offers after that...
Good luck to the future Benji, but no legacy here at the Dragons.

St Georgio

Juniors
Interesting how people view things in different a way, if Benji(Rod Reddy)has no legacy here, why does someone who basically deserted us back in 1995, deserve legacy?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Faak you very much.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PLAYER DO SO LITTLE EACH WEEK AS WIDDOP HAS THIS YEAR AND NOT GET DROPPED. HE IS LITERALLY THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL AS FAR AS THIS SEASON HAS GONE. BENJI HAS PUT IN EVERYTHING HE HAS TO TRY AND MAKE UP FOR WIDDOP BUT IT WASN'T ENOUGH.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT BENJI! IN MY BOOKS ITS THIS YEAR, NOT LAST YEAR WHEN YOU CARRIED US TO THE FINALS BECAUSE AT LEAST YOU HAD MINIMAL HELP FROM WIDDOP, THAT MAKES YOU A DRAGONS HERO!

FAAK WIDDOP
FAAK MCGREGOR
AND ITS HURTS ME TO SAY BUT FAAK THE DRAGONS FOR AS LONG AS EITHER OF THESE TWO LEECHES REMAINS AT THE CLUB!

I HAVE HAD IT! THE LAST 5 YEARS HAS REACHED ITS CLIMAX AND I CAN NO LONGER BEAR IT.

WHY DONT YOU TYPE LOUDER.
I cant here you

Old Timer

Coach
Interesting how people view things in different a way, if Benji(Rod Reddy)has no legacy here, why does someone who basically deserted us back in 1995, deserve legacy?
Stop being such a sook about Benji and try and understand a few things instead of lashing out at people like Reddy.
Reddy played for 12 years in the Big Red V so his achievements are unbelievable as a player.
200 plus 1st grade appearances for the club, 20 Australian rep jumpers whilst at the club, 16 inter/intra state rep jumpers whilst at the club, single handed dished out a lesson to the Eels forwards in 77 and the Dogs in 79 which were instrumental in winning the premiership those years.
Fearless competitor who played busted more times than I can remember and gave great loyalty by turning down lucrative offers to go elsewhere.
Had 2 years at the Steelers to finish his career so his connection and contribution with our club as a player is only beaten by very few.
Post his playing career is a simple indication of wrong man wrong job and lets face it Rocket was no scientist so to speak.
As is the case now the BOD should have realised Rocket's failings and never appointed him so you are blaming him for something that he should never have been in a position of doing in the first place. Not too mention many were caught up in the Super League faisco not just players but entire clubs.
Re Benji the NRL owe him a lot but he is a blow in as far as legend status for the Dragons and others have contributed as much as or more than him in similar time frames and they didn't get the send off you are screaming he should have.

emu62

Juniors
Stop being such a sook about Benji and try and understand a few things instead of lashing out at people like Reddy.
Reddy played for 12 years in the Big Red V so his achievements are unbelievable as a player.
200 plus 1st grade appearances for the club, 20 Australian rep jumpers whilst at the club, 16 inter/intra state rep jumpers whilst at the club, single handed dished out a lesson to the Eels forwards in 77 and the Dogs in 79 which were instrumental in winning the premiership those years.
Fearless competitor who played busted more times than I can remember and gave great loyalty by turning down lucrative offers to go elsewhere.
Had 2 years at the Steelers to finish his career so his connection and contribution with our club as a player is only beaten by very few.
Post his playing career is a simple indication of wrong man wrong job and lets face it Rocket was no scientist so to speak.
As is the case now the BOD should have realised Rocket's failings and never appointed him so you are blaming him for something that he should never have been in a position of doing in the first place. Not too mention many were caught up in the Super League faisco not just players but entire clubs.
Re Benji the NRL owe him a lot but he is a blow in as far as legend status for the Dragons and others have contributed as much as or more than him in similar time frames and they didn't get the send off you are screaming he should have.

Agree O.T.
I for one hope Red V fans don't forget its Jeremy Smith's last game on Saturday. I know i wont

Sigurd

Juniors
Agree O.T.
I for one hope Red V fans don't forget its Jeremy Smith's last game on Saturday. I know i wont
If the roster next year consists of the starting halves of Widdop and Hutchinson and a hooker who is a reject from another club, the wooden spoon is the likely outcome. It won't happen. If Marshall isn't picked up by another club, I expect after 6 losses from 6 games next season a new coach will be on board and his first order of business will be to sign Marshall.
I still wouldn't rule out a coach who has some sense (as opposed to none from McGregor) coming on board next week and resigning Marshall. Not that he deserves it but compared to a combo of Widdop, Hutchinson and a reject hooker from another club...... God have mercy! It's to even imagine.

lol yeah right they will bring Marshall back.

That was the mistake in the first place they should have persisted with Williams or gave Crook a chance but they failed on both parts.

Widdop again bad signing if anything he should have been signed to play fullback but now hopefully they let his contract run out and let him go.

Dugan will have to watch out to Dufty is being moved along in his development and imo he can be a better option in the future. Add to that Steve Marsters or Tristan Sailor both can play fullback also.

All of this revolves around Mary going and honestly Cleary isn't the answer but maybe the inly answer unless Hasler gets the boot from the Dogs.

Country Dragon

Juniors
If the roster next year consists of the starting halves of Widdop and Hutchinson and a hooker who is a reject from another club, the wooden spoon is the likely outcome. It won't happen. If Marshall isn't picked up by another club, I expect after 6 losses from 6 games next season a new coach will be on board and his first order of business will be to sign Marshall.
I still wouldn't rule out a coach who has some sense (as opposed to none from McGregor) coming on board next week and resigning Marshall. Not that he deserves it but compared to a combo of Widdop, Hutchinson and a reject hooker from another club...... God have mercy! It's to even imagine.
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

St Georgio

Juniors
lol yeah right they will bring Marshall back.

That was the mistake in the first place they should have persisted with Williams or gave Crook a chance but they failed on both parts.

Widdop again bad signing if anything he should have been signed to play fullback but now hopefully they let his contract run out and let him go.

Dugan will have to watch out to Dufty is being moved along in his development and imo he can be a better option in the future. Add to that Steve Marsters or Tristan Sailor both can play fullback also.

All of this revolves around Mary going and honestly Cleary isn't the answer but maybe the inly answer unless Hasler gets the boot from the Dogs.
Half a chance since things are not looking too rosy over there!

Lets see McInnes hasn't signed.
They may still look at a 7 like Luke Walsh
Widdop will still be around and hopefully not beyond next year.

Why not wait and see what happens first.

Whoever you are this week.

Old Timer

Coach
And you think I need medication.
I think you must be Hindu as you have had many reincarnations but at least all the former entities appear to have gone up in flames as you now doubt will.

Sigurd

Juniors
And you think I need medication.
I think you must be Hindu as you have had many reincarnations but at least all the former entities appear to have gone up in flames as you now doubt will.
I said you need to stop forgetting to take your medication and then start barking orders at me. Thankfully you aren't so far gone yet that you were able to understand that.

Sigurd

Juniors
So far we have 0 from 3. Including me makes 0 from 4. Anybody else? Let me ask again so as to not let the heavily medicated one conceal the question.

Does anyone believe, with a spine including Hutchinson, Widdop and McInnes, the Dragons won't be one of the bottom 2 teams next season?

Old Timer

Coach
I said you need to stop forgetting to take your medication and then start barking orders at me. Thankfully you aren't so far gone yet that you were able to understand that.
OK genius let's dissect what you just said
Part 1
"I said you need to stop forgetting to take your medication"
Part 2
"and then start barking orders at me".
Part 3
"Thankfully you aren't so far gone yet that you were able to understand that."

OK got all that

I have just remembered my meds & popped a couple of pills.

Now FFS put all your Widdop posts in the Widdop threads and make sure you do it every f**king time and stop derailing the thread about Benji and furthermore stop bagging Widdop.

Thanks for bringing my attention to the fact all my faculties were still intact so did I comply with part 2 above to your satisfaction or would you like a few more orders?

Gareth67

First Grade
You bet ya

Next time I need to leave Kandos , I shall take that with me , as it will remind me of the earthy aromas of good old country air !

If I may suggest , ignore Valiesky M2 , as it seems that tonight is Vodka night .

Last edited: