What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you, Bird.

The Popper

Bench
Just when we were looking the goods, the master of the brain snaps decides to try to do the impossible. Bye, bye two points. I don't like to say this, but it could be Sticky will have a bigger job than we thought to get rid of the nasties that crept in under the Anderson/Raper era.

How many first tackle dropped balls in the gold coast quarter? I counted four. Then there was Dykes air swing on the last.

Sharks7

Juniors
I thought Bird was having a fairly good game up until that moment. Some of his driving tackles were great. But you're right, we definately blew that one :(

sharknows

Bench
Shayne Hayne back to back penalties gave them the 2nd try and a Tim Mander video ref decision the third. It was a scrappy game in which we made just too many mistakes but those 2 always leave their mark on us.

Dykes was more cause of lost game then Bird,

Bird 1 drop ball

Dykes Drop ball on attack 5th tackle, air swing kicking on 1st, and penalty for pushing player trying to play the ball

Dread

Juniors
Can hardly blame Bird for that loss. He was stupid in that one play, for sure, but there were plenty of other issues that ensured we didn't have a big enough lead by that stage anyway.

b_shark

Juniors
Sharks7 said:
I thought Bird was having a fairly good game up until that moment. Some of his driving tackles were great. But you're right, we definately blew that one :(

Agree - was even thinking of including him in 3-2-1, but he made two major mistakes in the last few minutes - the drop ball when we had 5 tackles up our sleeves about 20m out and then a massive air swing when GC scored.

lolesi

First Grade
Dread said:
Can hardly blame Bird for that loss. He was stupid in that one play, for sure, but there were plenty of other issues that ensured we didn't have a big enough lead by that stage anyway.

Bang, nailed it..

Some of you merkins need to get a grip

Quigs

Immortal
Sometimes you dont mind getting beat by the better side, but fair dinkum, how long do we have to put up with loosing because we continually f**k up - - I guess I have become comfortably numb.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

b_shark

Juniors
The thing with Bird though is that he has the potential to make some really big plays and the head starts to think that he is going OK and then he does something really stupid and the heart drops down to the boots - there needs to be a balance between playing with passion/heart and being a bit out of control

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Generalzod said:
Don't blame Bird, blame the Video ref how the f**k did he rule that a try..f**king cs

Not that i agree with the decision but its downward pressure so they give it! As soon as i seen it i knew they would give it!

When the fu** was the last time somone scored with their elbows? Disgrace IMO!

Feej

First Grade
Also thought it was interesting the way that they seemed to be laying all over us most of the game, however whenever we tried to slow them down they'd manage to milk a penalty.

That was the main difference to me. The speed of their play the balls compared to ours.

sladden road

Juniors
I thought something similar but i reckon the titans were winning the wrestle and putting us on our back whilst we needed to get numbers in which we dropped off on but picked back up on..overal the pain hayne styayed out of giving the whistle all right in the last 20 and let the game work itself out which ftr i thought went against us ..the last drop/strip from the scrum and hannays loss of the ball..let go but could have been pulled up...make no mistake though ..hayne did not lose it for the sharks

b_shark

Juniors
fatshark said:
I listened to MMM, geezuz it was painful listening to Walters.

You think that was painful - wtf is going on with Daley's head - has he joined the "yeah yeah" club????? :shock: