What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you Nighty

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Can we have a captain on the wing?

A good captain is not about being a forward or half. Its about leadership and taking the team with you when its tough. I would follow Nighty through anything, even from the wing. We currently have a captaincy vacuum and this leads to fumbling to lose games we should win - like in the past 2 games at least.

BennyV

Referee
A good captain is not about being a forward or half. Its about leadership and taking the team with you when its tough. I would follow Nighty through anything, even from the wing. We currently have a captaincy vacuum and this leads to fumbling to lose games we should win - like in the past 2 games at least.

More an issue of him having to run across the field to talk to the ref every time there's a penalty - a captain should be as close to the ref as possible when needed, and that's hard to do from the wing. I also dont know if Jase has it in him to get in the refs ear - similar to Creagh...

Guys like Nighty, Weyman, Merrin, even Cooper - they are all leaders without being Captain, they lead the team by example. We may have a captaincy vaccuum, but we aren't short of leaders by any stretch!

TruSaint

Referee
More an issue of him having to run across the field to talk to the ref every time there's a penalty - a captain should be as close to the ref as possible when needed, and that's hard to do from the wing. I also dont know if Jase has it in him to get in the refs ear - similar to Creagh...

Guys like Nighty, Weyman, Merrin, even Cooper - they are all leaders without being Captain, they lead the team by example. We may have a captaincy vaccuum, but we aren't short of leaders by any stretch!

Yep Benny that is an issue and with yesterdays penalty count the poor bugger would have lost another 3 likos lol. His stats though would look good, All Metres Run 550.

st.phil

Bench
i read an article (i think telecrap) where once Morris is fit and Dugan at the back "Price will have a selection headache deciding between Nightingale and Vidot for the right wing position..". That'll do me... what an ridiculous statement..

Was that in the entertainment section?

Pains me to say it about a Saints player but honestly, Vidot is RUBBISH - sure he can run...but the whole catching, passing, knowing where to be on the field...pretty much everything asides from tucking under the wing and charging ahead...he has no idea about.

saintsarah

Juniors
i totally agree with all the posts, Nighty is always about the only one, apart from Merrin and perhaps Morris, who consistently give everything they have...a shame that we can't repay him with a more consistent support team!

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I wouldn't swap Flo for ANY player in the world, let alone another winger.

Right up there with Coyne, Mackay, and Tingha as my favourite Dragons of all time.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I wouldn't swap Flo for ANY player in the world, let alone another winger.

Right up there with Coyne, Mackay, and Tingha as my favourite Dragons of all time.

+1. Every single week, he's there giving it 100%. Rarely makes an error, always willing to rull the sleeves up and get us our of our end from dummy half. Has played just about every position for the club and seeing his reaction after he scores his second try in the 2010 GF still gives me goosebumps. Great finisher, too. Him & B. Moz have to be two of the top 5 wingers on the planet.

FundyDragon

Bench

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints are blessed to have the 2 best wingers in the game that is for sure. Would not swap these 2 for anyone.

When The Dell was in the squad he could have easily walked out and got a run anywhere but he stuck it out and waited for his chance or Dell to retire. Such is the character of this man. Can't see him wearing anything else but the red v.

topherzammit

Juniors

Minh

First Grade
It just goes to show that if you have heart and passion you don't always have to be the most gifted.

It just goes to show that if you have heart and passion you don't always have to be the most gifted.

And style counts for nought.

Do the job as best you can and let the results speak for themselves.

Substance >>>> Style.

Also, good to see becoming a bit more comfortable in front of the camera. Some of his early stuff was pretty funny.

Last edited:

Blue Dragon

Juniors
Agree with your comments. nighty is the very best player we have right now. Just watch his reaction when he makes a mistake..he is shattered, then does everything he can to make up for it.. Should be a Dragon until he chooses to retire and then give him a job at the club.

Latest posts