What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Ivan

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you choose to engage in 'banter' (however crude)

and are unwilling to cop some back either with mine (or words)

In my eyes you are little more than a sooky la la.

(gee what I've copped from family over the years at the footy)
I think the difference is you're a fan, not a first grade coach being paid hundreds of thousands?

People are allowed to point it out and discuss it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think the difference is you're a fan, not a first grade coach being paid hundreds of thousands?

People are allowed to point it out and discuss it.

I have no problem with folks disagreeing with my point of view (although I only argue when I know I'm right, a quote from my much loved Mum :p)

I disagree with your premise that if you paid (even well paid) you should cop abuse and vitriol. I believe that everyone has the right of reply. (especially when the abuse if laden with malice and very personal)

So I'll agree to disagree. :D

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I have no problem with folks disagreeing with my point of view (although I only argue when I know I'm right, a quote from my much loved Mum :p)

I disagree with your premise that if you paid (even well paid) you should cop abuse and vitroil. I believe that everyone has the right of reply. (especially when the abuse if laden with malice and very personal)

So I'll agree to disagree. :D
You can agree to disagree if you like, but that wasn't my premise.

I didn't suggest that "if he's well paid he should cop abuse and vitriol".

When you are a highly visible, well-paid professional, you are held to a higher standard of behaviour in public (and sadly these days, also in private).

There are plenty of ways you can deal with abuse, vitriol and criticism and I reckon people are well within their rights to find Cleary's response beneath what most would expect of a coach of an elite sporting team. Like I've said previously, I personally found it funny but have no beef with people who think it was immature and unprofessional from someone in his position - regardless of what provoked it.

Kilkenny

Coach
You can agree to disagree if you like, but that wasn't my premise.

I didn't suggest that "if he's well paid he should cop abuse and vitriol".

When you are a highly visible, well-paid professional, you are held to a higher standard of behaviour in public (and sadly these days, also in private).

There are plenty of ways you can deal with abuse, vitriol and criticism and I reckon people are well within their rights to find Cleary's response beneath what most would expect of a coach of an elite sporting team. Like I've said previously, I personally found it funny but have no beef with people who think it was immature and unprofessional from someone in his position - regardless of what provoked it.

It’s over Timmah. It is what it is. Whether your are amused by Ivan’s response or whether you find his conduct unprofessional does it really matter in the scheme of things.

We play the West Tigers again in the Covid interrupted season so they have an opportunity for pay back where it really counts and that is on the scoreboard.

Let’s move on mate. It was a nothing moment and certainly not worthy of the continued discussions.

Kilkenny

Coach
Media pundits are paid to be come up with explosive rumours and innuendo’s it is just part of the job they fulfill. I don’t read to much into it. Hooper is no better or worse than his colleagues they just have to fill column space and get people to click on there links. It is what it is.

Imagine the scenario of what fun that some of our Tigers-supporting “friends” would have on these boards if Ivan was the perpetrator of such an act?

After all, they lost their collective :poop::poop: when Ivan blew a kiss!!!

C6898CCA-76D1-40F3-BDC7-92C33EE0E39B.jpeg
He’s a complete flog.

Says goodbye by text because he’s a gutless wonder.

Nathan had a good game today, push in the back lol.

Try that against us Nate baby...!

Last edited: