What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is why origin > tests

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
No, the other difference is that there are many more 4N events than WC events. Thus they are less prestigious and more common.

Pretty sure I covered that here: "The only difference is the time between"

In the end, it's the only point you have - The WC means more because it happens less, despite the fact that in the current environment, in order to win it you just need to be able to beat the same teams that you need to beat in the 4N.

Any comparisons you make to other sports are spurious at best as the other sports are either bigger, more competitive or both.

The simple fact remains that Origin is still the highest form of rugby league. This is widely recognised in the game with the exception of some Kiwis and Poms.

The rest is just noise from Kiwi fans claiming they still hold the ascendancy because of a World Cup victory nearly 4 years ago, despite being beaten in their last match and failing to make the final of the last international tournament.

Oh Rosanna, you should see her box ;)

I have to admit, I had absolutely no f**king idea who Cadel Evans was before this thread.

LOL when you said box I thought you meant.....well not boxing anyway!!!! Let's hope Rosanna puts a whooping on Matthew Ridge's spoilt brat daughter.

Cadel Evans lol.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
LOL when you said box I thought you meant.....well not boxing anyway!!!! Let's hope Rosanna puts a whooping on Matthew Ridge's spoilt brat daughter.

Cadel Evans lol.

It was a deliberate pun.

Yeah, I want to see Rosanna knock her around a bit, too. I want to see a good fight.

Indeed Cadel Evans lol.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade

In the end, it's the only point you have - The WC means more because it happens less, despite the fact that in the current environment, in order to win it you just need to be able to beat the same teams that you need to beat in the 4N.
Correct. You're catching on. Timing and open to every one in the world. it is the the pinnacle. Otherwise, by your logic, City v Country was the pinnacle before Origin existed. That would be wrong.

WC>4N>SOO>CityvCountry

Any comparisons you make to other sports are spurious at best as the other sports are either bigger, more competitive or both.
But rugby league is a top quality product, nevertheless.

The simple fact remains that Origin is still the highest form of rugby league. This is widely recognised in the game with the exception of some Kiwis and Poms.
Well those Kiwis and Poms are on to something.

The rest is just noise from Kiwi fans claiming they still hold the ascendancy because of a World Cup victory nearly 4 years ago, despite being beaten in their last match and failing to make the final of the last international tournament.
That is what every World Cup enables you to do. That is why it is the best prize and the pinnacle of any sport.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So I was right. The only point you have is that a WC happens less. Must be why you keep repeating yourself.

Head. In. Sand.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Go celebrate Cadel Evans some more.

Who needs current cricket, league or union world cup achievement when you have CADEL. Rah!

The Olympics are comming up maybe you'll win gold in the prestigious events in the swimming pool, on the velodrome, the tiddlywinks and the spelling bee.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Go celebrate Cadel Evans some more.

Who needs current cricket, league or union world cup achievement when you have CADEL. Rah!

And tapped out right there. You stopped making points and went back to more silly u mad bro stuff.

:lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
3682312-3x4-700x933.jpg

2012AnzacTest.jpg

ANTiLAG

First Grade
That's not an Aussie victory party. This is an Aussie victory party.

images

images

images

Who needs world cups when you can get flowers!

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
That's not an Aussie victory party. This is an Aussie victory party.

images

images

images

Who needs world cups when you can get flowers!

I didn't bother reading your earlier dribble, why do you keep referring to Cadel Evans? More NZ jealousy I assume?

Springs

First Grade

You don't understand much. Origin cannot be the highest form of the game because there is a form above it. A lot of Origin players don't play tests. Being picked for Australia is the highest level an Australian player can get to, not Origin. It doesn't matter about quality, fans, money or anything else.

The only place it is 'widely recognised' is in NSW and QLD. No New Zealanders or English would ever say Origin is higher. That's just stupid. If it was 'widely recognised' then all Englishmen and Kiwis would aspire to play Origin, while for example Sam Burgess has said many times while it is a game he would like to play, he would never put it before England. If he thought it was the highest level then he would think Origin is the highest honour. Every player that plays for a country other than Australia knows tests are the highest level, as do most Australian players.

If you think England and New Zealand fans, as well as fans and players from every other country are looking forward to the next Origin rather than the 2013 World Cup you are deluded.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I didn't bother reading your earlier dribble, why do you keep referring to Cadel Evans? More NZ jealousy I assume?

Previously I was asking whether Australia was still an international sporting nation seeing that they've gone from 3 world cups to 0 in ten years, when Aussies were describing Australian domestic origin, a test trial at best, as a pinnacle of rugby league, and some Aussie said "Yes, we've got Cadel".

Well, that'll do me as one of the funniest responses I've heard because I had never heard of him. But please, do tell me, do you have any other great bicyclists?

No jealousy: I'm happy with two world cups over not having Cadel. I really couldn't give a toss about cycling, swimming, tiddlywinks or spelling bee's.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You don't understand much. Origin cannot be the highest form of the game because there is a form above it. A lot of Origin players don't play tests. Being picked for Australia is the highest level an Australian player can get to, not Origin. It doesn't matter about quality, fans, money or anything else.

The only place it is 'widely recognised' is in NSW and QLD. No New Zealanders or English would ever say Origin is higher. That's just stupid. If it was 'widely recognised' then all Englishmen and Kiwis would aspire to play Origin, while for example Sam Burgess has said many times while it is a game he would like to play, he would never put it before England. If he thought it was the highest level then he would think Origin is the highest honour. Every player that plays for a country other than Australia knows tests are the highest level, as do most Australian players.

If you think England and New Zealand fans, as well as fans and players from every other country are looking forward to the next Origin rather than the 2013 World Cup you are deluded.

You my good sir, make some serious sense. We can exclude Mr 'Aussie jumper a bonus' because of the nice fat origin pay check.

Latest posts