What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is why origin > tests

Hutty1986

Immortal
Previously I was asking whether Australia was still an international sporting nation seeing that they've gone from 3 world cups to 0 in ten years, when Aussies were describing Australian domestic origin, a test trial at best, as a pinnacle of rugby league, and some Aussie said "Yes, we've got Cadel".

Well, that'll do me as one of the funniest responses I've heard because I had never heard of him. But please, do tell me, do you have any other great bicyclists?

No jealousy: I'm happy with two world cups over not having Cadel. I really couldn't give a toss about cycling, swimming, tiddlywinks or spelling bee's.

So pretty similar to the way a lot of people on these LU (LEAGUEUnlimited) Forums feel about Rugby Union?
And he's Sir Cadel to you Aussie wannabes

Clifferd

Coach
Previously I was asking whether Australia was still an international sporting nation seeing that they've gone from 3 world cups to 0 in ten years, when Aussies were describing Australian domestic origin, a test trial at best, as a pinnacle of rugby league, and some Aussie said "Yes, we've got Cadel".

Well, that'll do me as one of the funniest responses I've heard because I had never heard of him. But please, do tell me, do you have any other great bicyclists?

No jealousy: I'm happy with two world cups over not having Cadel. I really couldn't give a toss about cycling, swimming, tiddlywinks or spelling bee's.

*sigh* I'll say it once more, for the mentally challenged, wheedling little parasite that you are.

I can't bring up exactly what you said because I'm on my phone but you wanted me to name a major sporting event any Australian haswon over the last couple of years. I mentioned Cadel Evans. That's all I said. And for suddenly saying someone's name is wanking over them.

You're still going on about NZ's minor success in sports we still clearly dominate them in barring yawnion.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So pretty similar to the way a lot of people on these LU (LEAGUEUnlimited) Forums feel about Rugby Union?
And he's Sir Cadel to you Aussie wannabes

No. How everyone on LU feels about cycling.

Bar Cliffered.

Who wants to ride his bicycle.

Who wants to ride his bike.

Who wants to ride his bicycle.

Who wants to ride it where he likes.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
*sigh* I'll say it once more, for the mentally challenged, wheedling little parasite that you are.

I can't bring up exactly what you said because I'm on my phone but you wanted me to name a major sporting event any Australian haswon over the last couple of years. I mentioned Cadel Evans. That's all I said. And for suddenly saying someone's name is wanking over them.

You're still going on about NZ's minor success in sports we still clearly dominate them in barring yawnion.

I repeat:

images

New-Zealand-Rugby-League-World-Cup_2339758.jpg

PennyFarthing.jpg

There's my 3,000 words on that matter.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
I repeat:

There's my 3,000 words on that matter.

I've already seen pictures of my country with those cups. You can keep posting those if you like though.

Not one bit of sleep was lost after seeing NZ fluke both those cups (iirc France were the better team and should of won if it wasn't for those favorable ref decisions and money being bundled under the door)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I never really considered how jealous NZ was of Origin until I read AntiFags 100 posts in this thread trying to tell us why he's right and the rest of us are wrong about Origin being the best of the best.

Here's a final tip for you; 5 million viewers says it's the best of the best.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I never really considered how jealous NZ was of Origin until I read AntiFags 100 posts in this thread trying to tell us why he's right and the rest of us are wrong about Origin being the best of the best.

Here's a final tip for you; 5 million viewers says it's the best of the best.

No, 5 million viewers says it's 5 million viewers.

In 1992, Home Alone 2 made over 350 million at the Box office. Far, far, far more more viewers than Unforgiven or A Few Good Men.
Which were the better films in your opinion?

228071.jpg

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
No, 5 million viewers says it's 5 million viewers.

In 1992, Home Alone 2 made over 350 million at the Box office. Far, far, far more more viewers than Unforgiven or A Few Good Men.
Which were the better films in your opinion?

228071.jpg

Have you forgotten, Anti; In this world, Money talks loudest. Nobody gives a shit what old Oscar thinks over at Universal and 20th Century Fox.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Representing your country>>>>>>>>>>>>>>representing your state (when you weren't even born there)

some11

Referee
Aww, Kiwis getting their feathers ruffled - this should cheer you up :D

XRBCL.gif

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Aww, Kiwis getting their feathers ruffled - this should cheer you up :D

XRBCL.gif

There's one 1 Kiwi around here who can be bothered with trying to get in the middle of this circle wank.

But yes, this did cheer me up

hutch

First Grade
australia basically uses NZ to bleed future prospects for origin

Well that is simply not true. Tamou is the only one who is contentious because he has previously been in the NZ train on squad, but he emigrated to aus as a 13 year old with his family and has every right to play for them. Just wished it was for the right intentions!

hutch

First Grade
That argument would be valid if the quality of football in tests was better than Origin. Fact is it isn't.

Nobody has argued that the quality is consistently better in tests although there have been a few tests over the last few years which are right up there! The argument is that origin is not the pinnacle of the sport of rugby league. It is the highest standard, most intense, passionate etc but it is the not the pinnacle of the entire sport which does exist outside of nsw and qld even though some people on here wouldn't know that!

Cliffhanger

Coach
Well that is simply not true. Tamou is the only one who is contentious because he has previously been in the NZ train on squad, but he emigrated to aus as a 13 year old with his family and has every right to play for them. Just wished it was for the right intentions!

Honestly I don't understand how players like Tamou and Hunt can turn their backs on New Zealand like that.

Oh wait it's probably because Tests>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Origin

No but seriously, players who do that make me sick.

adamkungl

Immortal
It's because Origin = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My view without reading through the shit fight.

State of Origin, in my opinion, currently gives us the highest quality, most passionate, edge of your seat games of Rugby League outside of Grand Finals featuring your own team.

The international game however should be respected, and not hurt to make Origin even more successful. The goal should be for tests to reach and exceed this level. This won't happen until a) England steps up their game, and b) The game's administrators in Australia show the international game even a fraction of respect that some of the posters on here do.

Shorty

Staff member
o
Nobody has argued that the quality is consistently better in tests although there have been a few tests over the last few years which are right up there! The argument is that origin is not the pinnacle of the sport of rugby league. It is the highest standard, most intense, passionate etc but it is the not the pinnacle of the entire sport which does exist outside of nsw and qld even though some people on here wouldn't know that!
You're getting should mixed up with 'is'.
Test football and international in general is not the pinnacle, yes, it should be but it simply isn't.

It's funny that Lag keeps posting pics of an aged victory and not actually saying 'And we'll beat Australia again' lol that speaks volumes.

Latest posts