What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is Why you DON'T Pick Players The Media Wants!

perverse

Referee
Shorty you lay into Slater but stand up for Thurston? :?

Same problem really, I thought they both tried their best but were rubbed out of the game by NSW defence. However in saying that, Slater did throw a shocker or two.
correct.

locky - there were a lot of passes that didn't go to hand, at least he was trying something. by todays standards the winger was quite deep behind his centre too... most teams play a very very flat style out wide (which i hate, because mostly it just causes the winger to overrun the ball), but it was the opposite problem with that play.

Shorty

Staff member
Shorty you lay into Slater but stand up for Thurston? :?

Same problem really, I thought they both tried their best but were rubbed out of the game by NSW defence. However in saying that, Slater did throw a shocker or two.
Thurston tried but was shut down - Slater had confidence issues,I mean he started passing to Brent f**king Tate instead of taking it to the line.
You could clearly see he bucked under the pressure,again.
Thurston made a few sillies but Slater was frozen from the start - If he can't handle this sort of thing than he shouldn't be out there.

lucablight

First Grade
What the hell are you guys on? Slater screwed up a few times but he played well. He ran for 209m which is more than any other player on the field and made the line break which almost lead to QLD scoring a miraculous try. His kick returns put QLD in good positions even though he kept getting smashed.

perverse

Referee
What the hell are you guys on? Slater screwed up a few times but he played well. He ran for 209m which is more than any other player on the field and made the line break which almost lead to QLD scoring a miraculous try. His kick returns put QLD in good positions even though he kept getting smashed.
ssshh, stop making sense. they're looking for a scapegoat.

Shorty

Staff member
If we were looking for a scapegoat we'd talk about the 10 m...or lack of that NSW were so eagerly eating up...

Charlie124

First Grade

His kick returns were pathetic, running softly accross the line and getting driven back most times. I stuck up for his selection as i thought he was the best man for the job but i think he handed Hunt his jersey back tonight. In turn i think Hunt can put a line through his aspirations to be a half or 5/8, his attack was non existant tonight.

Dazzat

First Grade
Why single out Slater. NSW were all over Qld tonight and no player really shone consistently, except Nate Myles and Hunt (in defence).

Hari Kari

Juniors
In the first few minutes Wallace took the game by the scruff of the neck whilst Thurston did not.

This helped gain NSW the ascendency to grind out the rest of the game.

Hair 1 Ears 0

Apey

Staff member
Oh please :lol:

Can't help that we upped the intensity in defence. It's almost as if they played with... pride :sarcasm:

lucablight

First Grade
His kick returns were pathetic, running softly accross the line and getting driven back most times. I stuck up for his selection as i thought he was the best man for the job but i think he handed Hunt his jersey back tonight. In turn i think Hunt can put a line through his aspirations to be a half or 5/8, his attack was non existant tonight.

If his kick returns were so pathetic how did he manage to make 209m? How did he manage to make it to the 40-50m line on occasions with his kick returns? What game were you watching?

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I think it just shows what can happen when a origin coach tells his players to go out and smash his club players that are on the opposing side.

Dazzat

First Grade
If we were looking for a scapegoat we'd talk about the 10 m...or lack of that NSW were so eagerly eating up...

I'm with you there Shorty ... super human effort by the Blues in defence. I reserve judgement because you can't see the 10 metres from TV coverage, but I've never seen a team move up in defense so fast and for so long. I've seen teams do it for the first 10 minutes and then run out of juice, but that was a truly remarkable performance by Arche ... I mean the Blues.:oops:

spider

Coach
ha ha - its all slaters fault for having to run the ball back from his 10m area

take a look at the powder puffs that struggled to put their side in a decent position - they got smashed and physically dominated through a lack of intensity and desire

Shorty

Staff member
I'm with you there Shorty ... super human effort by the Blues in defence. I reserve judgement because you can't see the 10 metres from TV coverage, but I've never seen a team move up in defense so fast and for so long. I've seen teams do it for the first 10 minutes and then run out of juice, but that was a truly remarkable performance by Arche ... I mean the Blues.:oops:
I've never seen a game that fast ever:?
To be honest I think Archer was trying to simplify it and I didn't mind it there was less penalties and crap overall.

Charlie124

First Grade
If his kick returns were so pathetic how did he manage to make 209m? How did he manage to make it to the 40-50m line on occasions with his kick returns? What game were you watching?

about 80 of those meters came from that one break he made, the only highlight of his otherwise very dissapointing night. as for "making it to the 40-50m line on occasions", that says nothing about how he played, catching the ball on your own 20 and jogging up to get tackled on your 40 doesnt equate to a good kick return

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont blame Slater for the loss by the way, he just stood out as a poor performer in a group of average performers, there just didnt seem to be any intesity in the players tonight, most of them didnt even look like they were interested in being there.

Latest posts