What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Big Bloke

Juniors
I got my Kayo special deal through my Telstra account very early last season. They had a deal for $12 a month. Kept it going and it is still 12. My Maffs 4 Gymea High tells me that that works out to $144 a year .... or is that $145?
Hey Quigs, when were you at Gymea High School? My cousin went there but I suspect a bit after you. He would have left in 1982.

Quigs

Immortal
Here is a blast from the past that might interests some of you old farts ... It just came up on my FB feed thingy.

Geeze this pic brings back a lot of ancient memories from my child hood days. Pic taken in the 60's of the layout of Sylvania Waters in the Shire.
sylvania-waters-late60s.jpg

The days even before Shark Park.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok , so right now, I have a huge man sleeping on my porch.

I do not know this man, but he knocked on my door, he said he had no place to sleep.

So I gave him a blanket and said the porch is yours, gave him a poweraide and a bread roll.

Now he sleeps.

I cannot.

bluefox68

Staff member

I do not know this man, but he knocked on my door, he said he had no place to sleep.

So I gave him a blanket and said the porch is yours, gave him a poweraide and a bread roll.

Now he sleeps.

I cannot.
Good on you, mate.

You have shown kindness.

Hopefully it works out for you both.

This happened to me on more than one occasion - the first time I paid for him to stay in the cheapest motel in town. The second time (months later), he got angry at me for not repeating the favour, so I had to turn him away…

Now he sleeps.

I cannot.
You still alive Mr Angry?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Good on you, mate.

You have shown kindness.

Hopefully it works out for you both.

This happened to me on more than one occasion - the first time I paid for him to stay in the cheapest motel in town. The second time (months later), he got angry at me for not repeating the favour, so I had to turn him away…
This is the tightrope walk of helping people in need. I have a friend who works as a homeless coordinator (if that's the right job description) She gets so many threats on a daily basis by people, mainly due to the varying mental issues people have. She goes out of her way outside of work to raise money for them. I and many others donate bottles to her and she goes down in her own time spends hours at the recycling station and puts it all back into the homeless community.

Quigs

Immortal
I remember back in 1990 when I was in the UK (Rugby League Week Supporters Tour) and was walking around London after dark. I couldn't believe how many unfortunate people were camping in the doorways of shops and buildings. It was a real eye opener for me.

Everywhere you go now in aus it is there staring back at you.

I was parked up in lil old Emu Park on a very quiet Sunday arvo a few months back and I witnessed an old bloke half burying himself into the bin outside the bakery. He was chasing food scraps.

Never thought I would see it here. I knew that people often camped in the local Park (hey Bubby) and sometimes set up camps in the nearby scrub, but to see it happening on the street here, yeah things are bad.

shadowboxer

First Grade

Now he sleeps.

I cannot.
You’re a better man for lending a hand. Too many people just ignore the problem, hell the city of Sydney Lord Mayor would rather promote the arts and add to her dog collar collection than actually do something, anything about the homeless issue. It is embarrassing.
If you can lend a hand, I urge anyone to.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So Little Miss Angry gets up, totally oblivious to it all, says why are the garden shears next to the door?", They were on the porch and I moved them inside. I tell her what happened, she gets all cranky at me says I should have called the cops, says I am too nice and need to harden the f**k up!

OMFG lol.