What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Quigs

Immortal
And guess what else? Stains hey, Corey Allan has done his ACL at training.

Young Flange might even end up at fullback the way thangs are going down the gong.

carinashark

First Grade
Ah Quigs, We know Flange , a bit of tilting , a bit of creative thinking !There is always boy wonder, he can play any position.

coolumsharkie

Referee
And guess what else? Stains hey, Corey Allan has done his ACL at training.

Young Flange might even end up at fullback the way thangs are going down the gong.
They had just interviewed him on FS too, about the season ahead and his teams goals to push for a semis spot. Could've even been that training sesh!

Quigs

Immortal
If you didn't detest them so munch you would nearly have a bit of sympathy 'em.

It is a long way till September / October so it might be a good thing to keep thoughts close to ones chest.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Got my members pack the other day for the upcoming season. I normally just toss the majority of it - especially last year which looked like it was imported from the a sweat shop in Manila. To my surprise, this years isn’t too bad. The cap is actually decent - well made and looks good. One I might actually wear. The pin and key ring was okay.
I and most are first to bag the club, but I thought that as well as a recent mix up with my membership, which they called and rectified toot sweet, is a positive

If you didn't detest them so munch you would nearly have a bit of sympathy 'em.

It is a long way till September / October so it might be a good thing to keep thoughts close to ones chest.
They could be in a spot of bother in regards to Volkman. A player is not allowed to train with their new club until their contract is registered. Insurance etc.
It seems that they are proposing that him training was all part of their "medical assessment"
The Flange flouting rules and regs?
Never!!

They could be in a spot of bother in regards to Volkman. A player is not allowed to train with their new club until their contract is registered. Insurance etc.
It seems that they are proposing that him training was all part of their "medical assessment"
Never!!
The used car salesman of the nrl

Frenzy.

Immortal
Never!!

He may be able to coach but I've always maintained he is a dumb as dogshit cowboy.

Dank will fix Volkman

shadowboxer

First Grade
That was the game that won us the comp in '16. No Gal...Wade gone early on if I remember. Banjo player was exceptional and Capewell stepped up too if I remember.
And Canberra were specials in that game…. Just ask them.
I’ve probally watched the game as many times and the GF, I remember the commentary and Sterlo noted the sign hanging over a bypass on the way down from Sydney to Canberra;
“Raiders premiership 3. Sharks 0… Ha Ha’
Guess who got the last clapping laugh

Generalzod

Immortal
And Canberra were specials in that game…. Just ask them.
I’ve probally watched the game as many times and the GF, I remember the commentary and Sterlo noted the sign hanging over a bypass on the way down from Sydney to Canberra;
“Raiders premiership 3. Sharks 0… Ha Ha’
Guess who got the last clapping laugh
I was at the club watching this game when Canberra where up by 12 nil the guy behind got so angry kicked the garbage bin everywhere...it was so funny considering we won at the end..As I was driving home said to my wife you just witnessed the premiers.

1705440996609.png

Frenzy.

Immortal
2016 semi final game against the Raiders now now on fox
That was a great watch. Jesse Sene-Lefao. Who even remembers him?

Prior huge. Capewell, huge. Bird, huge. Especially when he came in closer after Chad was hooked.

Reviewed the stats

Maloney only missed one tackle. Unheard of. Ennis kicked for 174 metres (watch the game Tinkerbell), Feefs 205 metres & 38 tackles, Prior 232 metres and 31 tackles etc etc.

Talk about dig in and set up a GF win.

Special K

Coach
When Prior scored right before halftime I remember thinking they will do this. I did not stop thinking that all finals series until Fifita scored and I shat myself out of every hole in my body until full time.

Frenzy.

Immortal
When Prior scored right before halftime I remember thinking they will do this. I did not stop thinking that all finals series until Fifita scored and I shat myself out of every hole in my body until full time.
Lucky COVID hadn't emerged then. How would you have cleaned your stained orifices with the dunny paper shortage?

DJDL

Bench
That was a great watch. Jesse Sene-Lefao. Who even remembers him?

Prior huge. Capewell, huge. Bird, huge. Especially when he came in closer after Chad was hooked.

Reviewed the stats

Maloney only missed one tackle. Unheard of. Ennis kicked for 174 metres (watch the game Tinkerbell), Feefs 205 metres & 38 tackles, Prior 232 metres and 31 tackles etc etc.

Talk about dig in and set up a GF win.

I remember the lead up to that very well.

My wife and I had foolishly booked a month in Thailand for September earlier in the year.
It was only mid way through the season I realise - pharque, I won't be able to watch the semis! (no sports bars where we live).

We flew out the day the Storm belted us in the final round and, having read through the summations of it all after we landed I still felt confident we'd give it a good shake.

I spent the week poring over the final 8, the match ups and who I thought would progress, and what the ensuing matchups would be.

If all went well, I figured:

Week 1;
Melbourne get up in a touch match and go to the Prelim
The Donks will do the Tits, putting them in a matchup with Cows in week 2
Panthers/Dogs - who cares. The winner goes onto the loser of us/vs Raiders and onto the Storm's side of the draw.

So it's up to us. Give it absolutely everything against the Raiders and, if we get through, sit back and watch week two.

Week 2;
Hopefully week 1 went as planned and we can watch the Donks and Cows absolutely belt each other.
Who cares about the other match, they'll be up against the Storm.
If we make it to the GF, whoever we're up against will have had a tough one the week before.
For us, if week 2 goes according to plan, we face either the Donks or Cows who are heavily busted from the week before.

Week 3;
Storm get a tough match to progress to the GF and will be feeling it.
We play a badly busted side, win it well and without too much in the way of injuries/fatigue.

GF
We arrive fresher than the Storm and ready to play.

That's how I saw it all unfolding.

The day of the Raiders semi we were up north visiting the extended family and spent the afternoon visiting this temple

We arrived pretty much on kick off time and, as I was on very limited data, I wasn't constantly checking my phone for updates. I planned to wait ~100 minutes to allow for the game to finish and then check at full time.

Inside the grounds at the front there is a grassed square which is roped off and, in the middle sits a giant bell.
There are signs saying if you toss a coin at it and it hits, Buddha will grant your wish.

So I spent the next hour and a half throwing 5 baht coins at it, raising my hands to sawaat dii and saying 'go sharkies, go sharkies'.

Finally we headed back to the car and, checking my watch I realized it was pretty much exactly full time.

So I opened the NRL.com app and saw Sharks 14 Raiders 12 - game time 78:30
No way! 1 and a half minutes to go and we're up.

Then the app froze!
Pharque!!
REFRESH
REFRESH
REFRESH
REFRESH

Finally, about 5 minutes later it updated - FULL TIME!

Unbelievable! I still get goose bumps thinking about.

The rest, of course, unfolded exactly as I had envisaged.
Must have been all that praying to Buddha haha.

Just finished watching 2001 Sharks vs Northern Eagles where we won 40 -16 (?)
If yng Dykes goes anything like his old man did back then -2024 will be exciting
Under Lang they should have gone all the way in 2001
Lang goes to Panthers along with Preston and nec minute they win the Comp!

That canberra game was unreal, I got mouthed off at by numerous raiders fans after the game walking back to my car simply for having a sharks jersey on hahaha. Grand final day I can't believe how confident I felt all day, never thought we'd lose. Except for that last play, where I was sitting in the ground the tv angles don't give justice to just how shot they had us when they swung left.