What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Quigs

Immortal
Australia Day 1987 - were you there hipsters? (I was in The Park by then)
Found this on my Mr Facey Book feed.
==============================================
🇦🇺 🎶 #OnThisDay 26 January 1987, one of the biggest rock concerts ever held in The Shire was hosted at Ronson Field (ex Endeavour Field) when more then 25,000 screaming fans crammed in to see 10 of the country's best groups perform on Australia Day. Billed as the "Australia Made'' rock concert, the event was headed by Jimmy Barnes and INXS, with support acts such as The Saints, Mental as Anything, The Triffids, I'm Talking, Divinyls and Models — The concert ran from midday to 10pm and admission cost $25.
[Photos courtesy Fairfax Media » The Leader]

sharkpark67concert1.jpg

sharkpark67concert2.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Were you one of those really fat, couldn't run out of sight in a dark night type of a security guard or one of those mixed martial arts dude type of a security guard who prance around in their "uniform".

Special K

Coach
Australia Day 1987 - were you there hipsters? (I was in The Park by then)
Found this on my Mr Facey Book feed.
==============================================
🇦🇺 🎶 #OnThisDay 26 January 1987, one of the biggest rock concerts ever held in The Shire was hosted at Ronson Field (ex Endeavour Field) when more then 25,000 screaming fans crammed in to see 10 of the country's best groups perform on Australia Day. Billed as the "Australia Made'' rock concert, the event was headed by Jimmy Barnes and INXS, with support acts such as The Saints, Mental as Anything, The Triffids, I'm Talking, Divinyls and Models — The concert ran from midday to 10pm and admission cost $25.
[Photos courtesy Fairfax Media » The Leader]

sharkpark67concert1.jpg

sharkpark67concert2.jpg
I was born less than a month later. Life is good but JEEEESUS I wish the parents bought some land in the Shire back then!

coolumsharkie

Referee
We "gots" a little bit of water heading this way. Both cyclones now have hung around and created big floods. Heatwaves and floods.
Meanwhile, wild fires in Scotland. In f**king January??

Me thinks we are in a little bit of trouble.

Quigs

Immortal
I like your comment Cools, and yes this old fart is a little bit worried about what is going on. Trouble is I am surrounded by Rednecks and people that just couldn't give a shit.

We "gots" a little bit of water heading this way. Both cyclones now have hung around and created big floods. Heatwaves and floods.

Now hold on ! Lets check with the experts Before jumping to conclusions ! Where are Tony Abbot and Alan Jones BTW ? Im sure they can make sense of it all for us!

DJDL

Bench

Nasty business, Cools. Bloody governments and their manufactured weather...

DJDL

Bench
It would seem this forum blocks VPNs now.

I've not been able to get the site to load since the weekend.
With the season approaching, I put it down the usual server issues with traffic.
But I had a thought this morning: switch of the VPN and try again et voila, it works.
Switched it on again, and no dice.

Pharquers!

Quigs

Immortal
The Parky Boy got through on Idol.

Can't watch the show as I can't stand that prick of a judge.

I did see the Trent sing his song and he plays a good game of league for the mighty emus too.
idol_386258_02.jpg

Last edited: