What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 10 per cent of Canterbury fans that give the Dogs a bad name

The General

Juniors
I agree with you in part, and there seems to be little action available to the Bulldogs once these fools have left the grounds. However I think that the Bulldogs could implement ways of finding out who these trouble makers are and banning them for say 2 years once they've been identified committing acts of violence or vandalism directly before or after games. If they choose to travel and sit outside the games waiting for it to end then it wouldn't be hard for police to identify them and be in a position to deter such actions.... It's the Bulldogs name that these tools are dragging through the mud and therefore it's not in their interest to pass the buck....

It's probably alot easier said then done. As far as I'm aware the Bulldogs would have no jurisdiction for criminal acts committed outside of the stadium. It's like saying anybody with a criminal record should be barred from coming to the footy.

Besides, stadium bans are very hard to implement. How would you realistically pick out a few people amongst the thousands that turn up to a game. I'm pretty sure the Bulldogs have handed out a fair few life bans to their games, but sadly I don't think that will make much difference.

The solution lies in what the police/law makers can do. Any of these thugs caught fighting/vandalising after a game should be given massive fines or have criminal charges laid. Make the crackdown public and I'm sure you will see less of this sort of behaviour.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
I just assume all young male middle eastern dogs fans are complete fugwits and steer clear of them.

sad ...but that is the way it is.
ay im a young middle eastern dogs fan and have not once caused trouble, only there to support my team and have a good time but i understand your opinion but we are not all like those little dropkicks

ramble_on

Juniors
It's probably alot easier said then done. As far as I'm aware the Bulldogs would have no jurisdiction for criminal acts committed outside of the stadium. It's like saying anybody with a criminal record should be barred from coming to the footy.

Besides, stadium bans are very hard to implement. How would you realistically pick out a few people amongst the thousands that turn up to a game. I'm pretty sure the Bulldogs have handed out a fair few life bans to their games, but sadly I don't think that will make much difference.

The solution lies in what the police/law makers can do. Any of these thugs caught fighting/vandalising after a game should be given massive fines or have criminal charges laid. Make the crackdown public and I'm sure you will see less of this sort of behaviour.

As I said before, it is the Bulldogs club that's name is sullied when these "sexually frustrated" tools go off the rails, perhaps the Bulldogs club should rally it's supporters to demand changes from their government members..... there does seem to be a serious lack of recourse for sporting bodies against these idiots. Only the victims can have the mongrels charged....

Shire Panther

Juniors
Shire Panther played the victim
Played the victim?? nothing happened to me! some tool threw a punch at me and missed so what am i the victim of? i was disgusted by their behavior plain and simple and im not the only one.

and was later revealed to have said a number of overtly racist things to these people which would no doubt have incited them.
Hmmm when you say "Incited them" you make it sound like i abused them before the started going stupid when as stated in the OP i abused them after they lost the plot and went stupid and i wasnt the only one the father of the kid that nearlly got bowled over was far from impressed.

Shire Panther

Juniors
The first post in this thread, and subsquent posts, are essentially a tale of 'heroics' from someone who is clearly using it as an vehicle to vent his hatred for middle easterners.
Heroics? I didnt do anything remotley heroic. I vented my hatred of the tools disturbing the decent people waiting patiently for the bus to go home.

Ill give anyone a fair go if they wanna live like normal decent human beings thats fine by me.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Shire Panther, maybe you should stay indoors from now and on.
Im not the one that needs to be indoors the supporters that start trouble and dont want to fit into society need to be indoors permantly just near Telstra stadium actually its nice cosey little place called Silverwater Prison thye will fit in nice there.

it seems to your fellow posters, that your a catalysis for all of the trouble bulldog fans cause.

Yep i was the catalyst for the trouble they started the other night and heres me thinking i was just waiting patiently for the bus little did i know that my actions of standing there with my family were provoking an unruly mob.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Glad you mention that. The OP used the terms in the first half of the original post then proceeded to drop the "Middle Eastern" term and do exactly as you suggest. He continued to do so throughout the rest of the thread, bar one incursion, and aside from a "tabouli" reference and asking if gansta talk was middle eastern wanker talk he kept it out for the most part. Willow's assumptive post made it appear that he was doing this throughout the thread which as usual was a misrepresentation of the fact.
The initial onslaught of "racial" slurs could well be the result of starting his rant while still being somewhat upset at the situation....

Ed Zackery ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner:D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Heroics? I didnt do anything remotley heroic. I vented my hatred of the tools disturbing the decent people waiting patiently for the bus to go home.

Ill give anyone a fair go if they wanna live like normal decent human beings thats fine by me.
Well at least you got through the post without making a racial slur. That's a positive step.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Compare this thread with the one below (about the recent fight in an U16s game).
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=345143&highlight=fight
It was clear to anyone who saw the footage that the kids involved were of Islander decent...
So what's the problem? they were Islanders.
However that thread wasn't littered with slurs like flithy Islander scum/w*wankers..
Maybe because they didnt go stupid and disrupt memebers of the public who were simply minding their own bussines.

In fact the only person to even mention Islanders in that thread was Shire Panther. I think that says alot.
Really??? well whats this? post number 25 there for everyone to read.
Mate, if you haven't noticed half the kids that play League in Western Sydney are Islanders. They are breading them bigger and stronger than the white kids. Unfortunately they haven't quite worked out how to increase their intelligence level.

Thank you for your contribution General.

Last edited:

ramble_on

Juniors
Well at least you got through the post without making a racial slur. That's a positive step.

Unlike you who have managed to avoid the thread subject in every single post, deflecting it into your own pompous belief system at every opportunity.....

The General

Juniors
Maybe because they didnt go stupid and disrupt memebers of the public who were simply minding their own bussines.

Yes because it sounds like your incident was alot worse than the kid that got kicked while he was on the ground and the other kid who had his nose and eye socket broken.

Really??? well whats this? post number 25 there for everyone to read.

Apologies for missing the other racist idiot in that thread. Guess you found a friend to take to your next riot.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol rambo! I wasn't even talking to you. You just can't help yourself.
Unlike you who have managed to avoid the thread subject in every single post
You mean as opposed to your post-lunch posts?

I've lost count of the amount threads you've wrecked with mindless sidetracking.
ramble_on said:
deflecting it into your own pompous belief system at every opportunity.....
Too late, you've already cornered that market.

Seems that I've rattled your cage rambo.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Apologies for missing the other racist idiot in that thread. Guess you found a friend to take to your next riot.

The closest thing ive been to anything that would even marginally represent or come close to a riot would be what some of your teams so called fans dished up on friday night so unless i venture out to a Dogs home game in the future (which i very much doubt) i think it's safe to say i wont be any where near any riotous activity.
But thanks for your imput.

Oh and by the way i was living on the Gold Coast when the riots happened at Cronulla.

ibeme

First Grade
I think Shire Panther has been given the raw prawn in this thread. He started the thread to complain about a bunch of Bulldogs fans who acted like complete tools by running through the crowd (the likes of which I've witnessed as mentioned in an earlier post), and some in here have turned it around on him as if he was to blame for it.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Ridders

Coach
Heres the thing. I don't disagree with Shire that there is a problem with a part of our supporter base. I've said that on numerous occasions both in this thread and various other threads. Nothing annoys me when I'm on the way to bulldogs games and to have to deal with the hooligans. It just annoys me that he also had to also used the thread to vent his racist remarks.

Last edited:

ramble_on

Juniors
Heres the thing. I don't disagree with Shire that there is a problem with a part of our supporter base. I've said that on numerous occasions both in this thread and various other threads. Nothing annoys me when I'm on the way to bulldogs games and to have to deal with the hooligans. It just annoys me that he also had to also used the thread to vent his racist remarks.

What a load of f**king crap..!! The first mention of the word "racist" in this thread was in post 77 where timmah called the tabouli quote not overtly racist... next was post 81 by Kurt and refered to Muslim racism... Thug reckons we need it later in post 114 and game breaker comes in with his "shire" inclusion in panthers name infers racism.....

You you tool didn't mention it until after willow got his f**king bandwagon on the roll again in post 145.....

Last edited:

Shire Panther

Juniors
I think Shire Panther has been given the raw prawn in this thread. He started the thread to complain about a bunch of Bulldogs fans who acted like complete tools by running through the crowd (the likes of which I've witnessed as mentioned in an earlier post), and some in here have turned it around on him as if he was to blame for it.

Thanks for your support ibeme:). After reading your comment i should change the percentage to 9% of dogs fans

As i said my rant was aimed at the minority of Dogs fans that get a kick out of starting trouble win lose or draw, And what I seen the other night was disgusting and the minority that started the trouble were enjoying themselves.
In hindsight maybe i did go overboard with the Middle Eastern this Middle Eastern that but given the circumstances at the time it was justified.

I was furious about it as id heard all about the trouble but never seen it and if any of you could see how scared the kid behind me was that i tried to shield maybe you would understand where i was coming from.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah, they just ganged up on opposition players and belted the living tripe on them. They're okay :sarcasm:

Wouldn't suggest he's to blame for them running through the crowd of people, but he's definitely to blame for calling them "filthy Middle Eastern w*nkers" (which is supposed to be a watered down version of what was said)... is that really the way to calm a situation? :?

ramble_on

Juniors
lol rambo! I wasn't even talking to you. You just can't help yourself.You mean as opposed to your post-lunch posts?

I've lost count of the amount threads you've wrecked with mindless sidetracking.
Too late, you've already cornered that market.

Seems that I've rattled your cage rambo.

You're unarmed as usual willow...... play the man and not the ball...