What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2007 Best Backline Debate

miccle

Bench
dazza62 said:
please tell me what playmaking abilities he has....where is his kicking game?(short ,long, 40/20s,bombs,touch finders,chip kicks),where is his passing game(short,cutout,long).?At the moment 99% of what he does in attack is off someone else(Locky thurston,etc)nothing wrong with that,as that is what you expect of a fullback.But to label someone as a playmaker & praise him for other peoples creativity is laughable.

He actually has a FANTASTIC long kicking game, which was shown quite often throughout the year thank you very much. 60+ metre clearers to open space was the most frequent result.

Yes, he is yet to prove himself -- but again I say to you... how many 20 year olds in the comp could run a whole damn team? To use that as your argument for saying he is crap is pitiful. He is improving and will continue to do so.

And onto the other part of my argument which you, tosser, so conveniently ignored. He is a turncoat because? He moved to Australia years ago, has spent a VAST chunk of his life here, and is both a resident and CITIZEN.

Please tell everyone taking oaths to become AUSTRALIANS today that they are nothing but dirty turncoats. Would you do that for me, redneck?

Mr Saab said:
Dazza does because Bowen has been left waaaaay behind by the likes of Hunt and Inglis.
Dazza is a Hunt hater, but thats fine, he can be a hater...it will just be fun to see him make a fool of himself in 2007.

Hunt has not got anywhere near the talent Inglis has

Question charlie.... Your team down by 2 pts with 5mins to go....who would you rather have in your team to pull something brilliant out of the bag to snatch victory.....

i would take inglis or bowen any day of the week....
Who would you rather have?

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
Hunt has not got anywhere near the talent Inglis has

Question charlie.... Your team down by 2 pts with 5mins to go....who would you rather have in your team to pull something brilliant out of the bag to snatch victory.....

i would take inglis or bowen any day of the week....
Who would you rather have?

Where did i say Hunt was better than Inglis? I said they had both surpassed Bowen as rep players...FACT.
Who was dropped for Hunt in game 2 origin this yr? Bowen....who played a key role in the victory? Hunt.
Your bittnerness to Hunt stems from the fact that Bowen is now an also ran as far as QLD rep goes.....deal with it.

I would rather have Inglis/Hunt/Chris Quinn Bowen.

Roosters_187

Juniors
adamkungl said:
Hunt is easily in the top 3 fullbacks in the game, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

I dont think so mate. He isn't even the best fullback at brisbane. Id rather have mini, inglis, slater, hodges before hunt

Y2Eel

First Grade
Roosters_187 said:
I dont think so mate. He isn't even the best fullback at brisbane. Id rather have mini, inglis, slater, hodges before hunt

WTF:crazy: slater is good but not better then hodges/hunt

He actually has a FANTASTIC long kicking game, which was shown quite often throughout the year thank you very much. 60+ metre clearers to open space was the most frequent result

I watched all the bronco games last yr & can only recall him trying 1-2 grubbers

Yes, he is yet to prove himself -- but again I say to you... how many 20 year olds in the comp could run a whole damn team?

Who says he runs the whole team?
Just because he is talking at the back doesn't mean he runs the whole team....watch any fullback in the comp ..they do the same

And onto the other part of my argument which you, tosser, so conveniently ignored. He is a turncoat because? He moved to Australia years ago, has spent a VAST chunk of his life here, and is both a resident and CITIZEN.

He turned his back on his heritage & his tradition.....you don't see Benji or SBW trying to play for Aus.....& then he says he still supports the all blacks.....why not the wallabies if he is such a great aussie?

Please tell everyone taking oaths to become AUSTRALIANS today that they are nothing but dirty turncoats. Would you do that for me, redneck?

So now im a redneck,because i dare say something about Hunt...where did i say anything about people being turncoats taking oaths?

Mr Saab said:
Who was dropped for Hunt in game 2 origin this yr? Bowen....who played a key role in the victory? Hunt.
Your bittnerness to Hunt stems from the fact that Bowen is now an also ran as far as QLD rep goes.....deal with it.

You know sh*t charlie ....i thought Hunt was overated long before he played rep footy..i still think the same..
& i am still waiting for some evidence of his wonderful individual(WITHOUT LOCKY) brilliance.....
Face it Charlie without locky or thurston setting him up he is ordinary...
When he can pull agame out of the fire....by himself,(most fullbacks in the comp have done it),then i will give him some praise.

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
When he can pull agame out of the fire....by himself,(most fullbacks in the comp have done it),then i will give him some praise.

When Bowen can finally learn to catch a bomb without letting it bounce (most fullbacks in the comp are good @ catching the high ball) then i will give him some praise.

Mr Saab said:
When Bowen can finally learn to catch a bomb without letting it bounce (most fullbacks in the comp are good @ catching the high ball) then i will give him some praise.

Tell me how many 80 mtr tries hunt has scored after catching a bomb on the fly?

Noa

First Grade
Mr Angry said:
Hunt will be a great halfback, when Bennett finally puts him there.

Dont know bout half-back but he's going to make a great 5/8. Honestly anyone who cant see cuties talent now and potential as a ball-player needs to fix the reception on their tele .

As for the cutie V Hornby and cutie V Bowen debate Im 101% sure if we asked the clubs who theyd like it'd be Karmichael 30 / Bowen-Hornby 0

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Top 5 Backlines IMO

1 Broncos
2 Dragons
3 Storm
4 Cowboys
5 Eels

Agree....parra's could be better depending on a coupke of things.

Hayne to fullback...he will play on the wing this year but he is destined to play fullback...is much better there and is more confident in his own abilities.
Inu to wing...people may not know bout him but he was better then Hayne in reserves but didnt get promoted last year caus of injury.

Hoefully we will see something like this
1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Tahu
4. Smith
5. Grothe

IMO that will be our best backline for a number of years.

Noa Nandruku said:
Dont know bout half-back but he's going to make a great 5/8. Honestly anyone who cant see cuties talent now and potential as a ball-player needs to fix the reception on their tele .

As for the cutie V Hornby and cutie V Bowen debate Im 101% sure if we asked the clubs who theyd like it'd be Karmichael 30 / Bowen-Hornby 0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seeing as other cutie lovers keep avoiding the question i will ask you.

Please show me some evidence of cutie's great attacking ability( without locky ,Thurston etc) setting him up?. 99% of what he does in attack is set up by someone else....by himself all he has is a ballet pirouette.
Without locky he is ordinary...
Ps.. i'm 101% sure you have no idea what other clubs think....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Parramatta

Parramatta has alot of flair amongst it aswell as youth

Hopefully we get something like this

1. Hayne/Burt/ Reddy
2. Inu/Burt/Hayne/lett
3. Tahu
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith/ Blake Green

icewind

Juniors
Backline:

1. Broncos
2. Storm (not much in it between these two sides)
3. Daylight
4. Dragons
5. Eels
6. Knights
7. Eagles

bjm8

Juniors
Disco said:
As if Manly arn't in the top 5 backlines, ffs give me a break
:fist:

seriously, any team which keeps fitzhenry stuck on the wing would have to be top notch. :)