What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Team Thread

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm very relaxed. RABK has demonstrated in the past that he's capable of mood swings over the smallest things. BTW, if you wanted to do a decent hyperbole, I would have used Matt Parsons as an example ;)

rabble

Juniors
1boyd
2jimmy
3konrad hurrell/gidley
4gagai
5uate
6mullen
7roberts
8mase
9bedsy
10tets
11scott
12house
13mckinnon
14snowden
15o'donnell
16cuthbo
17eddy
18ethan cook
would like to see laurie develop, would give us the size to match what the bulldogs have got. kasiano is the most dominant and influential player of the comp. throw the bank at hurrell.hard to fit everyone in especially kids, wanted to put him at 13 but can't leave mck out.

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
would like to see laurie develop, would give us the size to match what the bulldogs have got. kasiano is the most dominant and influential player of the comp. throw the bank at hurrell.hard to fit everyone in especially kids, wanted to put him at 13 but can't leave mck out.

Kasiano is amazing, but if i was his coach i would be keeping an eye on his weight. A few of the Dogs players look to be carrying a bit of excess padding..... Perhaps that is the key to their forward pack being so dominant though haha.

Hurrell is a weapon but he won't be our weapon. He is doing what I hoped Liki would. Killing it in attack and struggling (but improving) in defence. Rather than watch Sau struggle in both for so long

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Is gidley going to play lock next year, we surely cant be benching bedsy and with tyrone finally starting to get up to this level would surely be hard to drop

W.Smith

Juniors
James Hooper of the Telegraph on radio on Friday night had Jeremy Smith heading to Newy or Parra as the Sharks are looking at giving him a compassionate grounds release as long as he doesnt go to St George Illawarra

he also sed Luke Lewis management will talk to Coach Bennett this week about heading to the Knights also

I thought we had already spoken to Lewis's manger. My hope is Lewis wants to join us but his commitments in Sydney are the only thing preventing it. Hopefully we can provide reason for him to give them up for a little while.

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
If nobody takes Smith then sharks are seemingly out of the race for Llewis.... And why would anyone go to Parra? If Llewis wants to be one of two decent players in a shit team he would stay put.

Sharks keep Smith, We give Parra Nev to shut them up and help us make room for Llewis.

Rolla

Juniors
He is a first grader, but nothing to be excited about. Origin three showed he isn't rep quality IMO. I am sure he can bring some toughness to our side and be a handy pickup, but i home we didn't throw the kitchen sink at him to get him here.

Two pretty crap teams on display if you ask me. I haven't seen much of the sharks this year, but how on earth are they in the 8? let alone the 4!

Hanscholo

Bench
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Pat/Pete Mata'utia
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Kurt Gidley
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Chris Houston

14. Pete/Pat Mata'utia
15. Justin Poore
16. Robbie Rochow
17. Korbin Sims

Honestly, i'd expect something like that. A couple of the Mata'utia brothers will have earnt spots by then. Perhaps replace Weyman and Poore with 2 other off contract props from 2013/14 but those two would be likely if Bennett wanted to bolster his front row stocks.

Cordner just resigned with the Roosters for one year and I'm sure he'll make a name for himself in that time. Tinkler will probably want him home and if Bennett rates him you'd expect it to be a likely signing.

I heard a rumor today the boyd cordner wanted out of his 2013 contract.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Next year:

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Timana Tahu
5. Aku Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus
10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Zane Tetevano
15. Robbie Rochow
16. Korbin Sims
17. Alex McKinnon

It's a big call not having Houston there, but I couldn't find a spot for him in the backrow.

Sims will be ready to rip in next year and will do a fine job from the bench, imo.

Pat Vaivai has been just as good as Sims in a lot of games in NYC this year, so he should go close to FG.

Noname36

First Grade
I'd love to get Cordner back. He's the only player at the Roosters worth feeding at the moment.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Next year:

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Timana Tahu
5. Aku Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus
10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Zane Tetevano
15. Robbie Rochow
16. Korbin Sims
17. Alex McKinnon

It's a big call not having Houston there, but I couldn't find a spot for him in the backrow.

Sims will be ready to rip in next year and will do a fine job from the bench, imo.

Pat Vaivai has been just as good as Sims in a lot of games in NYC this year, so he should go close to FG.

I'd definitely have Houston on the bench at the very least. You've listed a very inexperienced bench that could negatively affect the team when the starting players go off. Plus Houston ability to tighten up the middle in defense is pretty important.

I really hope Cuthbertson strings a few more games together like the one he played in NZ. The bloke's dead set got chicken legs, but he made good yards against the warriors and constantly looked like a threat.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I figured if we signed Smith and Cordner, then House would be a waste of money just being on the bench. I think the Knights are looking to re-sign him, though.

Forgot about Cuthbertson. I'd bring him in for Tetevano or Rochow. He's been good for us in the past month and yeah, he was a standout against NZ.

Burwood

Bench
I could live with Cordner's signature because he is young and a great prospect, but I'm still of the opinion that all we need to add to our team for 2013 is two solid props. Get them into the team (either recruited or promoted from within) and then we can get guys like Mason and Cuthbertson playing in the backrow like they should be.

We can go out and recruit Cordner, Smith and co, but we are still going to be in the exact same situation next year where we lack go-forward up the middle. A backrow comprising of Scott, Mason, Cuthbertson, Houston and McKinnon should still cause plenty of headaches to the opposition attack and defence each week in 2013.

Ideally, we make one good signing in the frontrow (must be someone on the market for 2013, especially with the nature of contracts these days and coaching movement), guys like Rochow, Tets and KOD get a little bit more first grade experience/time to develop, and we can go into the player market in 2014 looking at players who will really add something to our team over the next 4 or so years.