What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah hopefully, my head is just everywhere at the moment with the company going into receivership. At this stage yes, but anything could happen.

Parra Future

Juniors
I hope all goes as well as it can go for you Hellsy. I realise it must be a very tough time. If I can help in anyway, give me a buzz. Take care.

Parra Future

Juniors
Guys / Girls,

I'm currently having a lot of problems with this site. Things keep crashing every few minutes. I'm heading down to Parramatta Park with the family to watch the fireworks later tonight, but catching up with some relos in the meantime. Hopefully this post will work and will catch up with you all later tonight when I return. Hope you enjoy your Australia Day all.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
HEY! If i missed out on mine in January then you can all wait til 2010 before they are reinstated!!!! :fist:

bartman

Immortal
Someone needs to suggest they run on a campaign of re-instating the birthday meal vouchers.
Wow, I'd forgotten about them... Although I think there was some voucher expiring Dec 31 that was for $10 off a meal, probably just a membership renewal thank you?

Of course, I forgot to use it when I went to the club in December... d'oh!

Nikki

Coach
Yeah B'day vouchers were taken away because it cost the club was losing money. Now, unless you are a loser like me, who goes to dinner alone at the club, i cant see how it would lose money. Surely if you are given a free meal you would be more inclined to use the club (even if it was only in the month of your B'day) and take others with you. So for your "free" feed there may be 3 or 4 other people dining there that would not have gone otherwise..

The second thing you got on that voucher was 10% off at Footy Heaven. Considering they probably have a 30% mark up on them anyways, again, I cant see them losing money.

The third thing you received was a free drink. If you drink alcohol, one drink usually leads to 2.. or 3.. or 4. So that one free drink = more money spent at the bar. And if you only drink soft drink, well, you only get post mix. Not much money being lost their either.

Seriously, am I missing something here??

fish eel

Immortal
Yeah B'day vouchers were taken away because it cost the club was losing money. Now, unless you are a loser like me, who goes to dinner alone at the club, i cant see how it would lose money. Surely if you are given a free meal you would be more inclined to use the club (even if it was only in the month of your B'day) and take others with you. So for your "free" feed there may be 3 or 4 other people dining there that would not have gone otherwise..

The second thing you got on that voucher was 10% off at Footy Heaven. Considering they probably have a 30% mark up on them anyways, again, I cant see them losing money.

The third thing you received was a free drink. If you drink alcohol, one drink usually leads to 2.. or 3.. or 4. So that one free drink = more money spent at the bar. And if you only drink soft drink, well, you only get post mix. Not much money being lost their either.

Seriously, am I missing something here??

I'd say the margins they make on the meals in cafe 88 or whatever it's called are pretty slim. I can see how those vouchers may cost the club money.

The club would also know how many vouchers were getting redeemed. Been a couple of years since I redeemed mine anyway.

Nikki

Coach
But surely its about getting people in and spending money. I sometimes get really poxy correspondence in the mail from the club which really doesnt need to be sent. Yet they cant send out B'day vouchers? They could have a program set up on one of their computers so they can print out their own letters and I am assuming they would have a contract with Australia Post that would see them getting reduced mail prices (and if they dont I really should get them signed up and in the meantime, myself rewarded! lol). You will eventually get more patronage from people thinking their club gives a damn and is giving something back, not just take, take, take.

I was actually quite shocked on Friday night when they were celebrating Chinese New Years that they gave out envelope with chocolate coins in them. The envelopes were quite pretty and the chocolate was probably cheap, but at least they were giving something.

Parra Future

Juniors
My birthday is in January as well and I didn't even think about the vouchers till I read the above. Ditto. I didn't get them either, but Nikki has already explained the reasons why. I also agree with what Nikki has written on the potential loss of business by not doing it. If you had to cut costs as Nikki wrote, maybe they should have used some of those ideas and done some things differently.

1) Stop sending some of the mail out that the majority may not be interested.
2) Stop the meal voucher but keep the drinks voucher and the Parra Footy Heaven voucher.
3) Set up a database and keep it updated on who wishes to receive certain mail items and who doesn't.

Alot of companies already do that with Annual Reports just like Parramatta Leagues currently does. You do have the option to receive them or not. Maybe they should include in there databases what other preferences people have. Could save them a bucketload.

fish eel

Immortal
But surely its about getting people in and spending money. I sometimes get really poxy correspondence in the mail from the club which really doesnt need to be sent. Yet they cant send out B'day vouchers? They could have a program set up on one of their computers so they can print out their own letters and I am assuming they would have a contract with Australia Post that would see them getting reduced mail prices (and if they dont I really should get them signed up and in the meantime, myself rewarded! lol). You will eventually get more patronage from people thinking their club gives a damn and is giving something back, not just take, take, take.

I was actually quite shocked on Friday night when they were celebrating Chinese New Years that they gave out envelope with chocolate coins in them. The envelopes were quite pretty and the chocolate was probably cheap, but at least they were giving something.

True, but we really dont know why they cut it, what justification they had. We havent seen the numbers. I know myself on those occasions I have used the voucher, in, got the meal and solitary drink and then home. Sometimes did it on my way home from work - so no real extra money from me. But thats just me.

Nikki

Coach
Fair point, and there probably are more people that have done the same. On the flip side, their are groups of friends like ours, who go out and celebrate B'days or just get together for meals every other week. So for one persons B'day and free meal voucher, there are 10 other people paying for their meals. And they are cheap meals anymore. TBH, they dont have to be free vouchers. Even a $10 off voucher would be better than nothing.

I have noticed that there are about 5 or 6 dishes on in Cafe 88 that have now been reduced to $9.95. Obviously the meals that weren't big sellers. The biggest mistake with updating their menu recently.. They didnt consult anyone! If they were planning to do it, they could have been handing out surveys with meals. Not everyone would have filled them out, but some feedback would have been better than them obviously losing money now.