What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

parra pete

Referee
If you don't know what 3P's objectives are by now, there is no hope for you.

Suity

Probably not..and I was so looking forward to joining the clique` too.
Is it change for changes sake? or "Storm the Bastille"......

Name a better run Club than the Parramatta District Rugby League Football Club, given its responsibilites, in 2008!

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I forgot to mention in the above post, that even if you are a member currently, for 95% of the population, that would still only mean that they would see the current directors potentially once every two years at the AGM where they could raise questions.

Don't they have open meetings? I assumed they would. If this is the case then this idea of an informal meeting is a good one.

parra pete

Referee
No, not at all, and therein lies your problem.

If you'd care to go back and take a look, I, and many others, actually stated that Fitzy WASN'T THE PROBLEM. Try looking at some of Hellsy's posts, or Colonels, or Fish Eels, or Forward Pass's etc...........there is a multitude of others.

It is all about the stagnation of the club. No one has denied that the Football Club isn't running well. Please quote me a post that says it has.
What this is about, and you keep avoiding the obvious with "if it ain't broke, it don't need fixing" line, is that the club IS falling behind in it's progression.
And if YOU don't think it is.........and if YOU think it will survive the ages............well that's fine. Good luck to you.
Because a lot of us have seen what has happened to Norths, and Souths, and St George, and Wests, and Newtown and to be honest mate, we don't want to see it happen to the Eels. OK?

Some of the best memories of my life were spent there. Saving seats in the old grandstand for my mum and dad. The old Ray Price Stand banner that mum spent hours sewing up. It was at every match he played at at Cumbo in the 70's. Selling icecreams. I had at least 5 mates who used to walk around the hills selling the old Lion paddle pops out of boxes. They used to get a dollar a box. Some days, on the big game days, they'd sell 20. That was big bucks in those days. I used to sit on my dad's shoulders to the left of the grandstand next to Eddie Boulous. When I finally got my schoolboy pass, I would catch a 9.00 am bus from Dundas along Kissing Point Rd, and cue up and get into the ground before the paying public, because the gates would open for pass holders before cash payers.
Sometimes the queue would be back to O'Connell street, and then along it to the Leagues Club. Those times will forever live in my memory, and I already tell my kids about them.

But, we must move on.
So, you can take your Cumberland Oval, and shove it up your arse.
It'll always be there in our hearts, in my heart, but, seemingly against your desire, we have a Parramatta Stadium to look after, and help prosper.

Suity

Gee, you certainly have some great memories there, to pass down the line merkine` Kinte style..
With every new born to your clan - do you raise him (her) to the sun and tell them the story so it can continue along the line....or are you conveniently putting aside the history of the Parramatta Club and its journey to where it is now.
Did you actually read the 2008 Annual Report and see the things that the former Board had in place..
OR are you just interested in the NRL Club opening the cheque book willy nilly and BUY BUY BUYING players.....Does a premiership with a fully imported book REALLY COUNT. It doesn't to me.
I'd rather see locals playing for THEIR club..just like Price Kenny and Guru did. I can't see how a policy of 'storming the bastille' taking charge of the Club is going to make it BETTER.
As a matter of fact I am of the opposite opinion. I think it will cause a great divide in Club..but hey, that's just me. I'm not a clique` member, so my opinion maybe doesn't count.
But I have certainly been getting plenty of responses to my posts, so maybe some people might be having some thoughts about what I have had to say..even though you consider my opinions to be *yawn* sh*t.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sunday 18th January 12pm
1) Col Green (Parra Future)
2) The Colonel
3) Stagger (Work permitting)
4) Nikki
5) Parra Guru
6) Glenn (Work Permitting)
7) JessEel
8) Hellsy (at this stage)
9) eelaholic

Friday 23rd January 7pm
2) The Colonel
3) Stagger (Work Permitting)
4) Nikki
5) Suity (at a stretch)
6) eel01s
7) JessEel
8) Freak2
9) Hellsy (at this stage)
10) eelaholic (will try to make it after footy training)

Saturday 31st January 12pm
2) Stagger (Work Permitting)
3) Nikki
4) Parra Guru
5) Suity
6) Glenn (Work Permitting)
7) JessEel
8) Hellsy (at this stage)
9) eelaholic (will try to make it after footy trial)

;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
Gee, you certainly have some great memories there, to pass down the line merkine` Kinte style..
With every new born to your clan - do you raise him (her) to the sun and tell them the story so it can continue along the line....or are you conveniently putting aside the history of the Parramatta Club and its journey to where it is now..

Stop putting yourself on a pedestal pete.

Did you actually read the 2008 Annual Report and see the things that the former Board had in place...

Yes.

OR are you just interested in the NRL Club opening the cheque book willy nilly and BUY BUY BUYING players.....Does a premiership with a fully imported book REALLY COUNT. It doesn't to me..
I'd rather see locals playing for THEIR club..just like Price Kenny and Guru did..
I can't see how a policy of 'storming the bastille' taking charge of the Club is going to make it BETTER..[/quote]

You have a horrible misunderstanding of the motivation of the people running for both boards. If you believe what you have written, you are a bigger fool than I thought.
Part of their problem is the juniors that AREN'T staying. Name me an NRL club that hasn't had a former Eel in it over the past 2 seasons?

As a matter of fact I am of the opposite opinion. I think it will cause a great divide in Club..but hey, that's just me. I'm not a clique` member, so my opinion maybe doesn't count. .

Stop sooking pete. I would have thought that someone of your age would behave a little more maturely tbh.

But I have certainly been getting plenty of responses to my posts, so maybe some people might be having some thoughts about what I have had to say..even though you consider my opinions to be *yawn* sh*t.

No, once again, you twist thoughts. Your opinions are valid. I've never said they are sh*t. I have however, said I don't agree with them. Is that OK?
The only thing that is a yawn is your constant whinging, and childish replies.

Maybe this will help.
52202697_125.jpg

Suity

BTW, Happy birthday for Thursday too HJ.

Um, my birthday is actually Friday but thanks anyways, cobber :cool:

Part of their problem is the juniors that AREN'T staying. Name me an NRL club that hasn't had a former Eel in it over the past 2 seasons?

Gotta say, Suit, that's it's obvious why they aren't staying. Hindy, Caylo, Hayne and Inu are taking up a sizeable portion of our cap.

In terms of juniors, 1-6 will be juniors next year, Finch is a purchase and all bar Fui will be juniors in the pack. Our bench will probably be 3 out of 4 juniors each week, too, if not all 4. You're looking at 14 of our 17 being juniors every week - that's not bad for retention.

People can whinge about losing the Williams boys etc but keeping them would mean we couldn't keep the Haynes or Inus, the Hindys or the Caylos. We lose so many juniors - and other teams have so many of our juniors - because we not only breed the best but we breed them in ridiculously large numbers.

Can't keep 'em all, brothers and sisters.

parra pete

Referee
How do you keep a bloke like Tony Williams when Manly offer him a massive amount of money?
Suity, the Salary cap has a bit to do with blokes moving on...

Broncos, Storm, St George/Illawarra, Roosters just three Clubs to come to mind without too much thought....

And I need to get off the pedestal..that spot belongs to a clique` member who thinks that he/she is the only one who is allowed to make comment on the Pride and Passion drive.

Stop sooking.....A difference to your opinion makes me a sook?

AND Suity, I DON'T care if you think I am a fool - or an old goat who talks sh*t, and makes you yawn...
I know who I am, my friends know who I am, and I can assure being a fool is not part of that makeup.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Um, my birthday is actually Friday but thanks anyways, cobber :cool:

Gotta say, Suit, that's it's obvious why they aren't staying. Hindy, Caylo, Hayne and Inu are taking up a sizeable portion of our cap.

In terms of juniors, 1-6 will be juniors next year, Finch is a purchase and all bar Fui will be juniors in the pack. Our bench will probably be 3 out of 4 juniors each week, too, if not all 4. You're looking at 14 of our 17 being juniors every week - that's not bad for retention.

People can whinge about losing the Williams boys etc but keeping them would mean we couldn't keep the Haynes or Inus, the Hindys or the Caylos. We lose so many juniors - and other teams have so many of our juniors - because we not only breed the best but we breed them in ridiculously large numbers.

Can't keep 'em all, brothers and sisters.

Now pete, that is a reply with thought.
If only you came back with something like that more often, instead of quoting "storming the Bastille" or, "I'm not part of the clique" like rubbish, then maybe, you'd be taken more seriously.

HJ, I reckon you are spot on - we can't keep them all. Are we being held to ransom by player/managers? Are the 4 you are talking about severely overpaid?

Melbourne have had Smith/Folau/Slater/Cronk/Inglis, some of the highest profile players in the game, yet they can still assemble a massively strong squad under the salary cap. Same goes for the Broncos and Manly.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Hope you come down with the sh*ts someting cronic and when you vist the toilet it's gladwrapped, a kodak moment for all;-)

Just to piss everyone off that voted for when i couln't make it, i'm going no matter what day it's on, suck sh*t hahaha i'll just ring up work and say i'm sick lol i'm due to take one.
It's on all three days/times mentioned in the thread. that's three sickies Ron... hurry up and choose which one :fist:

In truth it'd be cool to meet you if we happen to be at the same one... and see you live up to the legend ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It's on all three days/times mentioned in the thread. that's three sickies Ron... hurry up and choose which one :fist:

My preference are Friday and Saturday, but i will call in sick if have to if it's held on a Sunday, but you guys wouldn't want me calling in sick now would you?;-)

In truth it'd be cool to meet you if we happen to be at the same one... and see you live up to the legend ;-)

LOL you wont be disappointed, i'm pretty easy going bloke, but i laugh how people percieve me as some sort, fat, hairy bastard:lol:

bartman

Immortal
...with a dodgy mo.

I can't make the Sunday one either, so it'll be one of the others for me.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
for some good old 80's inspiration i don'tthink you can go past joe esposito's you're the best or survivor's eye of the tiger or moment of truth.

eye of the tiger has been adopted by naturally the tigers, we need something else, Kick start my heart would be the ideal choice imo

Ron Jeremy

Coach
...with a dodgy mo.

I can't make the Sunday one either, so it'll be one of the others for me.

See Sunday is a bad day, we're all at church and stuff, naturally, we should all be organizing it for a Friday and Sat night, then after our piss up we can hit the night clubs and you guys can watch me pick up all the chicks:p;-)