What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ??? 4

Clifferd

Coach
Ok before people complain "overs" he is already apparently on 650k at this current moment in time. His reduced contract is now at 550k according to SMH...the kid clearly wants to stay and is willing to take a pay cut to do so. Can't say the same for Moses unfortunately

reliable source says there's been an offer on the table for all 4.

Tedesco is 925k a year for 5

Moses is 765k a year for 3 with a 1 year option in our favour

Forgot what Woods is on but they confirmed both Teddy and woods likely to resign

We will sign Whare and Albert Vete. Kevvy isn't in Ivan's plans for next year (whoosh)

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon resigning Brooks for that is alright. He isn't NRL quality at the moment but he may get to that level.

Fairfax Media understands James Tedesco is now weighing up a massive four-year, $4.5m deal that will see him become one of the highest-paid players in the game.

I think we are paying overs for Tedesco but I can accept that for him but we can't make it a habit.

Woods apparently is deciding if he wants to stay. I reckon he'll stay but it's not a big deal to me. We have plenty of middle forwards.

They state Moses is gone but Parra won't pay overs. We will so he will stay.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tta-chase-mitchell-moses-20170404-gvdcxy.html

Clifferd

Coach
I reckon resigning Brooks for that is alright. He isn't NRL quality at the moment but he may get to that level.

I think we are paying overs for Tedesco but I can accept that for him but we can't make it a habit.

Woods apparently is deciding if he wants to stay. I reckon he'll stay but it's not a big deal to me. We have plenty of middle forwards.

They state Moses is gone but Parra won't pay overs. We will so he will stay.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tta-chase-mitchell-moses-20170404-gvdcxy.html

They are already saying Cleary confirmed the Brooks contract meaning he agreed it was a fair price. I don't think he will agree to the Moses ridiculous offer

Tiger05

First Grade
It will be interesting what happens with the Moses offer but I assume Clearly approved all of them. It's just Brooks wanted to stay. I like Brooks as a person and having guys like that in your club is good. He needs to improve but I think he has it in him.

The other 3 seem to be just after the money but let's wait and see.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can live without Moses here. He's asking for massive overs.

Good to see staggered deals too so they won't all be on the market at the same time.

Interesting tidbut. Brooks will be off contract the same time as Nathan Cleary.

WT Unity

Juniors
Yes interesting point about the timing of Brooks' contract coinciding with the finish of Nathan Cleary's contract at Penrith.
In regards to Moses, I would be happy for WT Management to not rush and see what plays out with Cronk. If he plays in Sydney next year and for example he goes to the Bulldogs Josh Reynolds could well be looking for another club. Likewise with the Sharks where Townsend is off contract (I think).
We should also be making outward signals suggesting we are also interested in talking with Cronk's management...even if just as window dressing to show we are prepared to play the recruitment game with the big (clubs) boys!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hasler wants Foran over cronk.

Parra will chase cronk hard. They were after Jack Bird but pulled out yesterday

RazorRam0n

Juniors
not exactly the re-signing news you wanted to hear was it boys?

so if you had to lose one from here, i'm assuming moses is the one fans would most agree to?

WT Unity

Juniors
Hasler wants Foran over cronk.

Parra will chase cronk hard. They were after Jack Bird but pulled out yesterday

Foran and Cronk both on offer changes the market totally. And now with so many clubs looking - there are definitely interesting times ahead. Brisbane will look to replace Hunt, Melbourne will look to replace Cronk, Parra are looking, Newcastle are looking. Townsend is of contract, Josh Reynolds is off contract, Bird is off contract, Moses is off contract. Let's hope we get our recruitment right because their may not be another opportunity like this for a while.