What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ??? 4

Front-Rower

First Grade
He wont get an immediate release.

But you live by the sword you also die by it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens when Brooks is fit.

Anyways, hope he enjoys running around for Wenty after failing at Parramatta, cause you know they won't put up with sub-par performances for too long

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brooks has proved one thing that Moses hasnt:
When partnered with an experienced half he is an absolute gun.

When he was with Anasta he looked like the next Joey Johns. The pressure gets to him too easily without experience. If this is true Please please please sign an experienced half to partner Brooks. Even someone like Widdop would make a huge difference.

I like Reynolds and J. Bird but they won't suit Brooks style

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't think we will ever be signing Cleary. Anyone who ever went to school with their dad as the principle will understand

Tiger05

First Grade
would rather sign rankin on 2million a year instead of getting moses he will be nothing but a cancer to our club

No - it'll be great. You'll have his cousin sign up all your players and soon enough they will all be wanting millions a season and holding the club to ransom.

Front-Rower

First Grade
James Hooper reporting on fox that Woods will more than likely sign with the dogs and that the Roosters have come in with a late large offer for Tedesco.

Take with a grain of salt, however....

Tiger05

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/gu...s/news-story/3bbbaef74c413ce7bf93fffb80c90287

This article is interesting. Gould states not one player is worth $1million per season in relation to Tedesco. I completely agree with the article even in relation to Tedesco. We need to manage this like a business especially when the players and their managers are being difficult. People stating Woods is worth that amount of money are nuts. Just pay these guys what they are worth and if they leave good. I'd offer Tedesco a little over because he is so good but I wouldn't do it for too long a contract.

There are also tweets on that page that we have withdrawn our offer to Moses to focus on Tedesco and Woods. That sounds much more likely. I reckon we've said we can't make an offer anymore because of the current situation we are in and we will revisit this at a later point in time. Then the grubby player manager comes out and says Mitch is leaving to further his career.

Tiger05

First Grade
Holy crap. We tabled a 3mill deal over 3 years and he said no.

Lucky for us he said no.

Thats insane money.

Enjoy him Parra. He thinks he's worth Foran money

Hahahahahahahahaha etc etc

I don't reckon we did this. I hope we didn't. $550k is too much for Brooks but at least he was the least difficult of the 4 and said he wanted to stay.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Losing Teddy and Woods will hurt.

Hard to find halfbacks and near impossible to find fullbacks as good as Teddy.

Can only assume we're going after Jack Bird and/or Dugan

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't want to lose either of them but let's be honest they aren't as good as the money we are offering them. If they go we will live and they might not do so well at another club. Clubs can only have so many stars on big dollars with the salary cap.

We could still keep them as well. I figure let's see how this plays out.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Ok before people complain "overs" he is already apparently on 650k at this current moment in time. His reduced contract is now at 550k according to SMH...the kid clearly wants to stay and is willing to take a pay cut to do so. Can't say the same for Moses unfortunately

reliable source says there's been an offer on the table for all 4.

Tedesco is 925k a year for 5

Moses is 765k a year for 3 with a 1 year option in our favour

Forgot what Woods is on but they confirmed both Teddy and woods likely to resign

We will sign Whare and Albert Vete. Kevvy isn't in Ivan's plans for next year (whoosh)

Cliff.
where did you get this following info from?

Forgot what Woods is on but they confirmed both Teddy and woods likely to resign

We will sign Whare and Albert Vete. Kevvy isn't in Ivan's plans for next year (whoosh)

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Word is Moses offer was withdrawn so the club can concentrate on Woods & Tedesco.

Hopefully Parra have blown their load on Moses and we get to keep Nofo.

If we keep Brooks, Woods, Teddy and Nofo I am happy with that.

Shredder

Juniors
Exactly - and add McQueen and several others to that list to - we are tracking OK.
We signed a new blood, kept the cheaper half and saved a million on the other.
I bet Reynolds wouldnt expect a million a season and I know who I would chose.