What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ??? 4

Tiger Ted

Bench
It will be interesting what happens with the Moses offer but I assume Clearly approved all of them. It's just Brooks wanted to stay. I like Brooks as a person and having guys like that in your club is good. He needs to improve but I think he has it in him.

The other 3 seem to be just after the money but let's wait and see.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It will be interesting what happens with the Moses offer but I assume Clearly approved all of them. It's just Brooks wanted to stay. I like Brooks as a person .and having guys like that in your club is good. He needs to improve but I think he has it in him.

The other 3 seem to be just after the money but let's wait and see.
The other 3 have more bargaining power than brookes.

We paid overs for the bum.I don't understand the urgency to sign him when Cronk & Foran r on the market.

This gump can't tackle can't pass & can't kick.3 yrs of mediocrity & cleary justifies paying this fraudster 550k/yrl

Shredder

Juniors
Hang on - lets see what else drops.

This might be part of a bigger plan.

Im willing to give Cleary a stack of lattitude on this.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Ted would have complained about Brooks if he was paying us 550k a year to stay.

I think 550k is a fair price.

I'm happy to lose Moses. He's always been too wishy washy for my liking.

If we can keep Teddy and Woodsy and sign Whare and Vete/Matulino. That would be a great start.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Halfbacks are rare as hens teeth. Five eights are more common and are easier to create. Resign the rare player and get a good deal for a 6

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ted would have complained about Brooks if he was paying us 550k a year to stay.

I think 550k is a fair price.

I'm happy to lose Moses. He's always been too wishy washy for my liking.

If we can keep Teddy and Woodsy and sign Whare and Vete/Matulino. That would be a great start.
How can u justify paying him 550k/yr when he's in his 4th yr in 1st grade & has been an abject failure.This was a perfect opportunity to move on from our massively under-performing halves.

No other club would've offered him anywhere near what he signed for with us.He deadset wouldn't have believed his luck when they offered him money commensurate with a half decent no.7.Good luck to him that this moronic club has once again rewarded mediocrity !

Clifferd

Coach
The other 3 have more bargaining power than brookes.

We paid overs for the bum.I don't understand the urgency to sign him when Cronk & Foran r on the market.

This gump can't tackle can't pass & can't kick.3 yrs of mediocrity & cleary justifies paying this fraudster 550k/yrl

Cleary obviously has the smarts to see Brooks can turn his game with him in charge. It's better than Moses considering he is asking 800k+ no ifs or buts.

Plus Brooks is supposedly taking a 100k paycut to sign this contract. Realistically we were always going to keep atleast one of them and we chose Brooks for the cheaper option.

In the grand schemes of things it may have some merit

Seriously get Cronk or Foran beside Brooks and I have no doubt in my mind he will improve 10 folds

Cleary obviously has the smarts to see Brooks can turn his game with him in charge. It's better than Moses considering he is asking 800k+ no ifs or buts.

Plus Brooks is supposedly taking a 100k paycut to sign this contract. Realistically we were always going to keep atleast one of them and we chose Brooks for the cheaper option.

In the grand schemes of things it may have some merit

Seriously get Cronk or Foran beside Brooks and I have no doubt in my mind he will improve 10 folds

And a forward pack that doesn't get f**king dominated every week.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm near convinced he will be in his last two years at the club on that deal. 2 years to coincide with Cleary Jr being on the market.

In that case, i can cop the deal. Worst case scenario Brooks improves out of sight. Not a bad situation.

Shredder

Juniors
Yeah - he must still be just about the cheapest first grade half in the NRL.

He still has upside - whereas all Moses has is consistency.

Im happy we chose him - because I really think thats what it boils down to.

simmo1

First Grade
Not thrilled about this, especially if it was a choice between him and Moses. Given what he has shown the past couple of years, he's very lucky to have a contract at all.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll improve if we sign Foran or Cronk, but that's a massive IF. He's more likely to be partnering Littlejohn.

Hope he can turn it around though, otherwise its going to be a long two years.

Shredder

Juniors
I cant believe we have never had a halves coach.

Joey used to look after a couple of clubs, but I think hes given it away.

At least Matty had the best seat in the house to watch his brother work his magic.

I'm near convinced he will be in his last two years at the club on that deal. 2 years to coincide with Cleary Jr being on the market.

In that case, i can cop the deal. Worst case scenario Brooks improves out of sight. Not a bad situation.

Lol dream on

Latest posts