What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
Yeah me too, but i choose to look on the bright side of that, must mean they think Sproles is getting pretty close and lord knows we need him in this team for his blitz pick up

nick87

Coach
And now Sproles has reaggrivated his hamstring
So we lose Carter and don’t get Sproles
Disaster

Haffa

Sitting in traffic on way back from gym this morning and an ozone killing F150 with Cowboys and UT stickers all over the back in the middle of suburban Brisbane was the car in front of me. f**k I hate Dallas.

Valheru

Coach
Season over.

Have to love the philly fans. Win the Lombardi 9 months ago and struggle the following season and they boo them off the field lol

Anyways it isn't all bad, wentz is magnificent and we have him for another 10 years hoepfully.

Haffa

Schwartz will probably still here next season. As bad as the defence is at times they’re down to their 4/5th string in some positions.

Groh is probably more under pump.

nick87

Coach
Yeah i cant see Schwartz going anywhere, he'll get another with hopefully a healthy secondary to prove he can do it
Groh though, man it feels like we made a MAJOR downgrade there... the McDaniels thing REALLY f**ked us, like if he pulls the plug earlier they probably hire someone else by Riech, and if they hired Reich we could have just promoted Defilippo and we'd be much better. Groh doesnt seem to have added much to things

The ONLY positive i can come up with this year is this team actually had a lot of holes... RB, OL, LB, CB and S are major issues. So the higher draft pick might be pretty useful, and the two seconds... we need to hit on these picks with the Wentz deal coming up

And the other positive, Dallas winning games like this increase their chances of giving Dak (who was honestly pretty awful today, i mean we should have been down 20 at the half), Cooper (Not a game changer imo) the bag... and maybe keep Garrett for another year. submarining their 2019

As long as we have Wentz, we're going to OK. I really feel like if you can give him a good OL, and a run game that has to at least be accounted for, he makes the offence work.

Haffa

Darby hits IR with an ACL
the corner situation is a disaster
giphy.gif

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defensive backfield so stripped by injuries.

"The Eagles cant possibly have worse injuries than they did in 2017" we said.

Our IR list doesn’t even include the number of players playing thru injuries, or close to being on IR. Sproles, Johnson, Kelce, Clement, Peters. We’ve also had multiple injuries at a bunch of positions. That’s different than last year. That’s 8/9 starters down, the fact we’re even competitive is pretty surprising

Haffa

Missed most of the year or out for remainder of year: Darby, Ajayi, Barnett, McCleod, Maragos, Jernigan, Wallace, Hollins, Rodgers, Sproles.

Injured missing some time or limited by injury: Johnson, Peters, Clement, Graham, Jones, Mills.

I know we overcame a lot of injuries last year. But look at that list. I don’t think its reasonable to expect this team to overcome all of that.

nick87

Coach
Yeah it’s been a brutal year for injuries.
The sort of year that would really get me down in the dumps but we got the SB last year so I can deal with this kind of year

This team has a lot of holes on it, Howie has some work to do

Valheru

Coach
One has to wonder whether from here the smart thing to do is tank the rest f the way and finish 4-12 and try and add a quality pick to what is already a stacked roster (when healthy).

Ironically, we can still win this crappy division but we aren't stopping anyone if we did get to the playoffs.

Putting Wentz on ice might not be the worst idea, the last thing we need is an injury to him that runs in to next season.

Haffa

I'd say our chances of finishing last are better than our chances of winning the division.

The giants are better than us on form.

nick87

Coach
As for tanking or sitting wentz
I don’t know about that. Like that division is still right there alarmingly haha

But mostly I think this team needs a little bit of an overhaul. We have the building blocks but it’s probably now time time to really reinvest in the OL. Try to get younger and better there, get a RB that can give us consistent production, try and fix the back end a little bit

And then next year we’ll hopefully be healthier, wentz will be a full 18 months removed from his ACL. Hopefully Groh is relieved of his duties and someone like Monken can come in and give the offence a jolt of creativity

Valheru

Coach
Well that wasn't what you would call comprehensive but a win is a win I guess.

Amazingly, we can still win this shitty division although I think the Cowboys will win it. I see the rest of the season as follows

Redskins (win)
@ Dallas (loss)
@ Rams (loss)
Texans (win - giving us all hope for next season)
@Redskins (flip a coin but we will go with win)

That will see us with a decidedly average 8-8 record.

I think Washington will finish 8-8 as well (we win tie breaker) and Dallas will finish 9-7.

That means we will have a 2nd placed schedule next season which would likely see us play the Panthers away and Seattle at home in 2019

Well that wasn't what you would call comprehensive but a win is a win I guess.

Amazingly, we can still win this shitty division although I think the Cowboys will win it. I see the rest of the season as follows

Redskins (win)
@ Dallas (loss)
@ Rams (loss)
Texans (win - giving us all hope for next season)
@Redskins (flip a coin but we will go with win)

That will see us with a decidedly average 8-8 record.

I think Washington will finish 8-8 as well (we win tie breaker) and Dallas will finish 9-7.

That means we will have a 2nd placed schedule next season which would likely see us play the Panthers away and Seattle at home in 2019

I’m interested in why you think Philly would be beating Houston.

Latest posts