What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

Pippen94

First Grade
That’s the problem with one game sample sizes
Anyone gets the play that game. See the Super Bowl… 27/38 300 yards passing, 15 for 70 on the ground accounted for 4 total touchdowns
So he’s the best player to ever walk earth.

what has happened since the niners game has, as I’ve said repeatedly had very little to do with Hurts
The eagles had 6 true possession against the Cardinals and they scored 4 touchdowns and a FG, the offence did whatever the f**k it wanted... the problem was the cardinals were sustaining 7-8 minute scoring drives because the defence couldnt make a play. What's that go to do with Hurts?

Example: through 16 weeks of the season defensvie charting

How the Cowboys, Niners, Seattle and the Cardinals play defence structurally is not the same. It cant be because their personnel and strengths of the defence are completely different... Cover 1, Cover 3, Man, match coverage, how they deploy their fronts and their blitz package etc is completely different.

The thing about the NFL is you can just watch games and say dumb shit, but there is always be facts to get in the way of narratives pushed by people who dont know what they're talking about
Hurts is 7th in EPA (Expected Points Added) in drop backs... that is being a QB... when he drops back to throw the ball there are exactly 6 QBs better than Hurts

And you say you want to talk NFL but you actually have proven multiple times here you dont actually know enough to talk NFL.
And on that note, im done. I'm not wasting anymore time trying to talk NFL with a box score fan who pushes lazy narratives and cant even understand a basic premise like CPOE or EPA.

Where are you finding all these stats?! U know they say you can find stats which prove anything & you've had to search pretty hard to find categories which don't even come up on Google.

Interesting all those expected stats seem to favour mobile players, meaning they're prone to scramble, which would explain the difficult attempts. I also noticed Lamar Jackson is number 2 on expected completion & he's hardly a model for a great arm & throwing accuracy (he does bring amazing qualities not found in all other NFL QBs tho).

Lol, keep singing analytical stuff. You've been talking up the Eagles all these weeks, but any fan could tell you team was broken after loss to 9ers. Guess U were looking at wrong category haha?!

Pippen94

First Grade
As predicted, it *feels* like panic stations
If you told me we'd be 10-3 with the NFC E in our control and a 70% at the #1 seed if we close out 4-0 over @SEA, NYG, ARI, @NYG then id have taken it in a heartbeat and i think most eagles fans would

does it feel good to play those two games back to back and get hammered? Nope, but we played both teams coming off 10 days rest, which stats show is a significant advantage, and im confident that we can iron out some chinks over the next month or so and be prepared for return games in the play offs.

Those advanced stats didn't help you lol

nick87

Coach
I also noticed Lamar Jackson is number 2 on expected completion & he's hardly a model for a great arm & throwing accuracy (he does bring amazing qualities not found in all other NFL QBs tho).
Another revealing remark
Lamar doesnt have a great arm and is not accurate... You flat out dont know what you're talking about. Genuine idiot. No interesting in talking about the NFL with someone who knows very little about the game.

But I think i now understand the angle.

nick87

Coach
in term of this week, the eagles are now all but locked into the #5 seed.
I dont think it makes a ton of sense to play guys on that turf and risk injury. I know we need to put together some good play so maybe you bring out the starts for Q1 and try to closely monitor the commies game in case shit happens but i expect Dallas will go up early and often on them and this thing will sorted quickly... in which case absolutely no need to expose players to injury

I would anticipate we can beat the NFC South leader but its not a given any stretch given how the defence is performing. Id like the eagles to spend this week installing some hot reads/sight adjustments to zero blitz pressures and id like to see them get back into leaning into a pistol run game. Think that can work for them.

To what end? Not a SB run but winning a play off game or two will eleviate some tension in the building.

Valheru

Coach
See 9ers game: hurts was contained in pocket & made to play as traditional QB. That temple has been employed by opponents since. What's the record for Philly after 9ers loss?!
In that 9ers game we scored 4 times on 8 genuine drives for 2 TDs and 2 FGs. That isn't the worst return against the 9ers. My one criticism of the offense that day was they needed to score a TD on one of those first 2 drives and you would have seen a very different game.

Meanwhile on defence, after the first quarter they conceded a TD on 6 straight drives. If they limit that to even 4 TDs, a FG and a punt like any mildly efficient defence would then it is a completely different game again that goes in to the 4th quarter.

I think you believe hurts is overrated so looking for this to be his fault when the evidence clearly shows it's the other side of the ball. In regards to Arizona they had a 21-6 lead at the half and scored 10 further points on 3 genuine drives in the 2nd half. How is that loss not on the defence? They literally have to just make one play and not concede 4TDs on 4 drives including a 2 PAT and we win.

Valheru

Coach
in term of this week, the eagles are now all but locked into the #5 seed.
I dont think it makes a ton of sense to play guys on that turf and risk injury. I know we need to put together some good play so maybe you bring out the starts for Q1 and try to closely monitor the commies game in case shit happens but i expect Dallas will go up early and often on them and this thing will sorted quickly... in which case absolutely no need to expose players to injury

I would anticipate we can beat the NFC South leader but its not a given any stretch given how the defence is performing. Id like the eagles to spend this week installing some hot reads/sight adjustments to zero blitz pressures and id like to see them get back into leaning into a pistol run game. Think that can work for them.

To what end? Not a SB run but winning a play off game or two will eleviate some tension in the building.
I think you have to go for it as Dallas is not playing well either and are not the same beast on the road. I don't mind your idea of keeping an eye on it though.

I maintain that the way we are playing, finishing 5th is our better chance to win a playoff game. I give us a better chance on the road against whoever comes out of the NFC South than I do at home to the rams, Seahawks and packers.

From there, ideally, at least one of the 6 and 7 seeds win as well meaning we go to Dallas/Detroit in the divisional in a dome and then it's any given Sunday and all that if this team can find something to finish the season.

nick87

Coach
I think you have to go for it as Dallas is not playing well either and are not the same beast on the road. I don't mind your idea of keeping an eye on it though.

I maintain that the way we are playing, finishing 5th is our better chance to win a playoff game. I give us a better chance on the road against whoever comes out of the NFC South than I do at home to the rams, Seahawks and packers.

From there, ideally, at least one of the 6 and 7 seeds win as well meaning we go to Dallas/Detroit in the divisional in a dome and then it's any given Sunday and all that if this team can find something to finish the season.

yeah I dunno
That MetLife grass terrifies me
The only thing that could make this season collapse worse would be late season injury to a key player that wipes them out for half of next year too

at the very least I’m scoreboard watching and if the cowboys get up 2-3 scores I’m getting the key cogs out of this giants game

when this season is over I’m going to be curious to see what happens. Big changes are coming on defence that’s for sure but I’ll be curious if they make changes at OC. Maybe look at a Frank Reich or someone else or if they think this year was just a steep learning curve for Ben Johnson

i don’t think Sirianni is at risk but if this team is bounced out by the Bucs in week 1, and it’s another embarrassing shit show, all bets are off

also great content

Valheru

Coach
yeah I dunno
That MetLife grass terrifies me
The only thing that could make this season collapse worse would be late season injury to a key player that wipes them out for half of next year too

at the very least I’m scoreboard watching and if the cowboys get up 2-3 scores I’m getting the key cogs out of this giants game

when this season is over I’m going to be curious to see what happens. Big changes are coming on defence that’s for sure but I’ll be curious if they make changes at OC. Maybe look at a Frank Reich or someone else or if they think this year was just a steep learning curve for Ben Johnson

i don’t think Sirianni is at risk but if this team is bounced out by the Bucs in week 1, and it’s another embarrassing shit show, all bets are off

also great content
Mmm I get where you're coming from but it doesn't sit well with me to not try to win when there is a chance we can win the division. Definitely scoreboard watch but we have to at least play the starters initially IMO

It's a low chance but if we score on the first drive to go up 7-0 and Dallas get bogged down in the cold you just never know. We can put more pressure on Dallas by leading than Washington can in all likelihood.

nick87

Coach
first qtr and both Sidney and AJ Brown have already left the game with injuries.
Hopefully nothing serious that compromises their off season

nick87

Coach
The defence is not salvageable
Defensively Matt Patricia has turned an inconsistent and frustrating unit into the worst defence in the league. The concepts they run, and the ease at which teams are able to manipulate eagles into looks that have Hassan Reddick and Josh Sweat in coverage is alarming, shit sometimes they just line up that way! Its crazy.
Any time motion is used there is visible confusion by the eagles defenders on who is to cover who. It can not be fixed and any competent NFL team is going to be able to score 30+ on them. Including the Bucs.

Dan O on the opening play of the game defensively

Offensively, if Smithy and AJ can play next week, they'll be mostly OK however they have a week to install some basic and simple answer to blitz. They have no hot reads or anything within the design of the play to get the ball and punish blitzing. Their current plan is for Hurts to extend the play and make 1 on 1 throws to Brown or Smith
Given Sirianni and the Brian Johnson havent managed to install that so far, there is no reason to think they will now.

Think there is a really good chance the Bucs win and Sirianni is fired. And if that's how it plays out, it'll be a deserved firing. This collapse is not entirely on coaching, but it's honestly 80-90% of it.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
The defence is not salvageable
Defensively Matt Patricia has turned an inconsistent and frustrating unit into the worst defence in the league. The concepts they run, and the ease at which teams are able to manipulate eagles into looks that have Hassan Reddick and Josh Sweat in coverage is alarming, shit sometimes they just line up that way! Its crazy.
Any time motion is used there is visible confusion by the eagles defenders on who is to cover who. It can not be fixed and any competent NFL team is going to be able to score 30+ on them. Including the Bucs.

Dan O on the opening play of the game defensively

Offensively, if Smithy and AJ can play next week, they'll be mostly OK however they have a week to install some basic and simple answer to blitz. They have no hot reads or anything within the design of the play to get the ball and punish blitzing. Their current plan is for Hurts to extend the play and make 1 on 1 throws to Brown or Smith
Given Sirianni and the Brian Johnson havent managed to install that so far, there is no reason to think they will now.

Think there is a really good chance the Bucs win and Sirianni is fired. And if that's how it plays out, it'll be a deserved firing. This collapse is not entirely on coaching, but it's honestly 80-90% of it.
Yep I can't disagree with anything

It's open season on the coaches at this point. They will say today didn't count because Dallas ultimately won but don't let them fool you, we were 17-0 down against the f**king giants with our starters whilst Dallas were down 10-7.

The defence as you say is in salvageable. Coaching is diabolical but also clearly there are some positions that need to be addressed. Front 4 is worth persevering with and will excel under a competent co-ordinator but the secondary needs urgent attention.

Offensively we have the pieces but the scheme is shit. This offence excels when it runs the ball and has more time of possession than the other offence. We move the chains and kill the opposition by a thousand cuts. The big pass plays will come off the back of that.

I don't see any utility in us winning this week, in fact I think it's better for our immediate future if we lose because we have the talent to be in the SB conversation next year with some coaching changes.

Munky

Coach
If the Eagles get blown out by the Bucs would any of you guys be interested in Billy B for a few years?

Valheru

Coach
It's a pretty hot rumour

A coach like that being a free agent generally gives teams more motivation to make a change. If we lose this week I reckon there is a reasonable chance he will be our coach next season.

Valheru

Coach
Well this is utterly hilarious, I could not be in a better mood

Dem boyz getting beat down by a 7th seed lol. It renders their division win completely meaningless.

Eagles need to use this now because it means avoiding the 9ers for another week who now have to face a red hot team without fear. Give me Detroit in a dome or Rams at home any day.

We will probably lose though.

nick87

Coach
It's a pretty hot rumour

A coach like that being a free agent generally gives teams more motivation to make a change. If we lose this week I reckon there is a reasonable chance he will be our coach next season.

Im not sure he'd be willing to coach in an environment where someone else - Howie Roseman in this case, has more power than him.
The control in which Roseman has on day to day operations is actually pretty rare. I cant BB agreeing to work under that and i dont see Roseman being willing to give up that power after the Chip Kelly fiasco

Could it happen? Maybe but i dont see it

nick87

Coach
Well this is utterly hilarious, I could not be in a better mood

Dem boyz getting beat down by a 7th seed lol. It renders their division win completely meaningless.

Eagles need to use this now because it means avoiding the 9ers for another week who now have to face a red hot team without fear. Give me Detroit in a dome or Rams at home any day.

We will probably lose though.

It's certainly opened things up for Philly, if they win, they're either at home against the Rams or on the road to Detroit... i wouldnt think we'd beat either of those two teams but it's a more desirable match up to the Niners

In any event i think we'll likely lose to the Bucs so its all moot. But seeing Dallas get their doors blown off today as a #2 has really given me the freedom to not give a f**k tomorrow, i dont see a SB run in this team and now i know there aint no cowboys SB so where ever this eagles team lands it lands but i think it's still capped at the NFCCG.

Dont think this defence is good enough get enough stops on the niners to beat them

Valheru

Coach
It's certainly opened things up for Philly, if they win, they're either at home against the Rams or on the road to Detroit... i wouldnt think we'd beat either of those two teams but it's a more desirable match up to the Niners

In any event i think we'll likely lose to the Bucs so its all moot. But seeing Dallas get their doors blown off today as a #2 has really given me the freedom to not give a f**k tomorrow, i dont see a SB run in this team and now i know there aint no cowboys SB so where ever this eagles team lands it lands but i think it's still capped at the NFCCG.

Dont think this defence is good enough get enough stops on the niners to beat them
Yep that's how I feel now

Of course I want to win but if we don't at least dem boyz got embarrassed. I don't really want 9ers to win it either given the way they have carried on since last year's NFCCG but there is no denying they are a great team. From the NFC, if not us, it's hard not to back Detroit but they are in a battle right now. From the AFC I am going for Bills to finally break their dorught but none of the teams sitll in it offend me although I would like someone other than the Cheifs just for variety.