What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
Does Mailata play week 1?
Less than zero chance short of some horrific injury situation
JP, Big V and then Seumalo will be back ups at tackle

I don’t think he’ll even be active, they’ll keep him on the roster to practise against guys like Sweat and Long, work daily with stout, lane and jp

And then we’ll see next year

Haffa

Seumalo will be an elite Guard and backup tackle in time. I really like what I’m seeing from him.

nick87

Coach
Seumalo will be an elite Guard and backup tackle in time. I really like what I’m seeing from him.

That makes one of us... certainly he'll never be much of a center!
Na he's a good back up, and that he gives us a back up at all 5 spots along the line is fantastic for the team.
I think his best position is probably tackle, but id sooner see him at guard than Chance Warmack.

nick87

Coach
That play he made, early in the game, sensing the trap, disengaging and coming across the formation and just f**king stonewalling Freeman in the hole, saving a td, was absolutely incredible

Valheru

Coach
I alluded to it earlier in the week 1 thread but i wouldn't be surprised to see wentz out until week 5 against vikings now that we won this one.

We have bucs colts and titans in the next 3 and surely foles wins at least 1 of those.

They not only have to consider wentz' health for this season but the next 10 years.

nick87

Coach
Yeah i think it'll be interesting to see when he's back... certainly with the win banked against ATL, there is no reason to think we'll bring him back for TB sans Winston, Indy or TEN... the staff should feel good about getting to 2-2 at absolute worst but more likely 3-1 if not 4-0

So yeah i could see the Vikings/Giants as realistic return dates. More likely the giants as you might lean towards bringing him back against a D that isnt as terrifying at Mini

That said, if he's cleared medically in the next 2 weeks, Indy followed by Ten is a nice soft landing spot for him to work out some rust before we get the Vikes and Giants.

But yeah, honestly Doug could come out tomorrow and say "We're putting Wentz on IR. Just to make sure his knee is 100% for next year" and id actually probably be fine with it... we're in a SB window now for sure, but Wentz should keep the window open for the next decade +
that's gotta be the priority

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
He's back. Now all he needs is some healthy receivers to throw to
Yeah the issues at WR are a major concern... i dont even know who's out there that can help now that Josh Gordon is a patriot.

Maybe kick the tyres on Corey Coleman? He's got speed and is a bit of a deep threat... Dez is out there but he seems like a close facsimile to Jeffery, i wouldnt be opposed to bringing Dez in short term, to let us help Jeffery get fully healthy.
Maclin is out there too, he could be worth a shot, he's a good route runner

What this offence really needs is someone like Djax :(

Haffa

That secondary was pretty bad today. I have no idea what they were finger waving at.

nick87

Coach
There was also pretty egregious calls missed
The block in the back on 4th down in particularly
But we have got to be better than that, absolutely gagged that win one away