What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

Haffa

Those back to back screens on the 3 and out had me raging Keuchly eats those up. I thought he'd phased those out in 2016.

The 4th quarter was an absolute f**king microcosm of our season……….. A defence that gives up HUGE plays through the air, an offence that sputters , an offence that can’t score, questionable play calling, and mind boggling blown assignments …

I love Carson. He was EXCELLENT. Except for that last drive. It was brutal to witness

nick87

Coach
Yeah that was an ugly choke job, i thought Wentz was really good
like MVP good, until that 3rd and 2 when he could have had an easy first down on smallwood...

This season is just not bouncing our way. Feels like we've got a few too many holes on the team.
I thought the play calling in the 4th qtr was really bad, Dougie went into his shell, played not to lose, that's not how he did it last year.

The good news is no one in the NFC E is good, the Skins are up 2 games but i dont buy them at all. 9 wins gets us a play off spot and from there, who knows.

Valheru

Coach
The Jags look completely mentally disintegrated on offence and they are nearing it on defence.

If we allow more than 14 points against them then we really are in trouble.

Valheru

Coach
Decent win this morning against a desperate Jags squad. Wentz was great again with the exception of a very poor intercept pass.

Our D though is a shadow of its 2017 self. Luckily Bortles is inept and couldn't finish his chances because he moved it pretty easily on them.

Anyways, the team is now 4-4 and pretty banged up.

2nd half of schedule after a bye week is as follows

Cowboys
@ Saints
Giants
Redskins
@ Cowboys
@ Rams
Texans
@ Redskins

Looking at that, let's be realistic and pencil the Saints and Rams games in as losses and the giants game in as a win. We 'should' also beat the Texans. That leaves the 4 games against redskins/cowboys which TBH I see us splitting 2-2 for an overall 8-8 record.

The next 4 is an important stretch though. If we can win all 3 home games then that will give us some momentum going in to a tough 4 game stretch to finish and with a bit of luck we might finish 9=7 or even 10-6 which could be enough to win this division.

nick87

Coach
Cowboys - W
@ Saints - L
Giants - W
Redskins - W
@ Cowboys - W
@ Rams - L
Texans - W
@ Redskins - W

That's how i see it.
10-6, we win the East.

Haffa

The O line is a bigger concern than the D for me. Kelce playing injured, Peters can't finish a game and LJ looks to be out for a bit. It'll be a miracle if we make the playoffs imo. But I'm being all pessimistic again, ignore me.

Carson though after getting pancaked on his strip sack fumble, he got up ran down the field fought off a safety wanting to take him out, and tackled the ball returner like a boss. Schwartz should re-play that tackle a few dozen times during film study just to remind his squad (especially linebackers) how its done….

nick87

Coach
Ive only seen the highlights, ill be getting the game up on Gamepass tonight, but yeah Wentz is basically playing out of his mind and everything else around him is blah

The trade deadline is 2 days away, so hopefully a move is coming to spark our season

Haffa

Ive only seen the highlights, ill be getting the game up on Gamepass tonight, but yeah Wentz is basically playing out of his mind and everything else around him is blah

The trade deadline is 2 days away, so hopefully a move is coming to spark our season
Carson was great in the second half. He was average at times in the first. I felt it was his worst half of football in a while.

nick87

Coach
Just finished the condensed game, yeah Carson's first qtr wasnt great, but after the ugly INT i thought he was pretty locked in

Pretty amazing how good he looks given he' isnt even a year out from his ACL, he's bouncing around back there like he's never had a major knee injury... i was very excited to see a play in the first half were he ran for a first down and it was the first time he looked like wasnt running in quick sand. His legs might be coming back.

Jeffery is really flashing as a dominant player too, clean beat Ramsey on a few key plays... the OL health and run game is a problem though, I dont trust Smallwood or Adams in key moments. Clement seems like the type of back who's best used sparingly, Nelly looked spry on some grabs too.

Feels like the offence is missing a deep threat and something consistent at RB. CB is a major concern. Those are some vital holes for a team hoping to repeat.

Valheru

Coach
Cowboys - W
@ Saints - L
Giants - W
Redskins - W
@ Cowboys - W
@ Rams - L
Texans - W
@ Redskins - W

That's how i see it.
10-6, we win the East.

I'm an optimistic guy but i see us losing at least one of the 2 road division games.

nick87

Coach
I'm an optimistic guy but i see us losing at least one of the 2 road division games.

Yeah sweeping the division is tough
Here's why i think we can do it... all 3 of those teams need to play from in front and ride the run game, and we're the best run D in the league. We can shut that shit down. I dont think those teams are built to beat this eagles D... passing on our weak ass corners is how you beat the eagles... but neither Dallas or Washington have the WRs, and the Giants dont have a Qb. They all go through the RB... Barkley, Zeke and Peterson

But the safe play is to say we probably will drop one of these division games, it's rare that a team sweeps... So yeah 9-7 is legit, and i still think that wins the division.

The giants are out of it and tankings.
The cowboys could get interesting with Cooper but im not convinced by any means
Skins are out in front and theyre the challenge but their sked isnt easy.

Valheru

Coach
Yeah sweeping the division is tough
Here's why i think we can do it... all 3 of those teams need to play from in front and ride the run game, and we're the best run D in the league. We can shut that shit down. I dont think those teams are built to beat this eagles D... passing on our weak ass corners is how you beat the eagles... but neither Dallas or Washington have the WRs, and the Giants dont have a Qb. They all go through the RB... Barkley, Zeke and Peterson

But the safe play is to say we probably will drop one of these division games, it's rare that a team sweeps... So yeah 9-7 is legit, and i still think that wins the division.

The giants are out of it and tankings.
The cowboys could get interesting with Cooper but im not convinced by any means
Skins are out in front and theyre the challenge but their sked isnt easy.

Yeah fair enough, we will see what happens.

I have to say i don't see any way we beat the saints but i do have some hope for the rams game if for no other reason than the rams will have all but sealed the division by then and be gearing up for a playoff run plus you know wentz wants to beat goff.

Haffa

Yeah I’m happy with the move. Jeffrey was carrying the load.

Haha going to the Redskins strengthens them.

nick87

Coach
Bye week great read on Ertz. I think he will suffer a little with Tate as an option now but his stats are trending towards historic.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...a-tight-end-position-top-player-history-stats

Yeah that's a really good article.

Im not convinced this will eat much into Ertz's production, it makes sense that it would given they will occupy similar areas of the field but..

I think part of this has been how much the Eagles have played in 12 personnel (37%, 1st in the league), and the reason they've done that is because they probably (rightly) prefer to have Goedert on the field than trot out Matthews

I think we might see a lot more 11 personnel now (currently 54%, bottom 5), with Jeffery as true X, Nelly on the outside and Tate and Ertz working the middle... if anything i think Nelly and Matthews are going to take the hit, and i think we may "run" the ball less given the RB situation, and have Tate supplement the run game with some of that short stuff we do with Nelly

Wentz averages 37.5 drop backs a game coming into the bye, and i think given his play and coming out, that'll move more towards 41ish, Nelly is getting about 7-8 targets a game... i think that's where the Tate numbers are coming... If Wentz is throwing 40 times a game, i still see Ertz getting 10 of those targets. He's just uncoverable for most teams

I think now we have 3 WR's that Doug can feel confident in, and guys who can do different stuff in route combinations, i think we'll be playing a lot more 11, and i think that's going to keep things VERY open for Ertz

nick87

Coach
f**k i loved that Cowboys - Titoons game
I want nothing more than for Jerry to pay Cooper and Dak a shit ton of money