What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Alan Overton Letter

eelaholic

First Grade
OvoLetter.jpg

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
Ovo and Michael Johnson would be getting my vote (if i was eligible , but i'm not & will be in 3 yrs)

As far as i was concerned the rest of my votes would be 3P all the way!

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Holic for scanning.

Well at least they did something... and something much less offensive that Dr Johnson's initial letter, insinuating that because members voted for a certain structure 10 years ago, it should never be questioned despite the changing circumstances and membership base.

(Dr Johnson, you are the weakest link, goodbye.)

Unfortunately I note the absence of any indication that there will be better communication between the club and it's members on all footy related matters. :(

I don't doubt their belief that they are serving in the best interests of the club, but am astonished in the way things like fan relations, game day experience, information flow and communication relating to the football operations have deteriorated in the past 5 or so years. All matters in which these gentlemen in their different hats could have made a difference. Perhaps they have too many hats between them on our three boards, or the hats don't fit the particular people well enough for us to have seen continuous improvement in the things they can control, like interaction with their members.

I'm afraid if they wish to stand only on that recent record, with no indication of adapting to a future where fans have to increasingly be sought rather than taken for granted, then they might be in for a surprise on Sunday.

Consider your votes wisely people...

What exactly is this communication supposed to come in the form of?

Do you want them to come around your house for a bbq?

Nikki

Coach
My envelope did not have a stamp on it. As an Australia Post employee I am shocked and dismayed that they are trying to wrought the postal system...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

strider

Post Whore
My envelope did not have a stamp on it. As an Australia Post employee I am shocked and dismayed that they are trying to wrought the postal system...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mine either :shock: ... . do u have to have a stamp? can u rock up to the post office and pay em all and not bother with the stamps?

Nikki

Coach
Nope if you rocked up at the post office they would put a postage paid stamp on it. Ima gunna dob em in tomorrow.. hahahaha

hybrideel

Bench
Neither this nor Dr Johnsons letter have outlines any plans for the future whatsoever. Maybe they are too used to having no competition for these places that they aren't sure what to do

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Liberals also argued the economic climate and the need for stability, it didn't work.

The board has no ideas, hence why they're using this angle for their entire argument, pathetic, but what would you expect from these failures at board level.

bartman

Immortal
What exactly is this communication supposed to come in the form of?

Do you want them to come around your house for a bbq?
No, just regular communication with the members, rather than once a year when the election is on.

Info about becoming a member of the club on a website... somewhere... anywhere....

Updates about the activities and initiatives being pursued by our board.

Better communication about club issues to interested parties - fans, members, and (positively) through the media.

And yeah, if they want to through on a BBQ and mix with the people, then that'd be ace too :D

jk13

First Grade
if only we were the envy of the league for our senior team. but alas juan f*ck all

No, just regular communication with the members, rather than once a year when the election is on.

Info about becoming a member of the club on a website... somewhere... anywhere....

Updates about the activities and initiatives being pursued by our board.

Better communication about club issues to interested parties - fans, members, and (positively) through the media.

And yeah, if they want to through on a BBQ and mix with the people, then that'd be ace too :D

That actually happens, Apart from the membership form on a website, it all happens if you know where and when to be, Open to the public, with questions and all. Just not that many know about it, but that can change.

jk13

First Grade
my work used to have a rumour hotline where the CEO had to answer any emails within 2 weeks of the post. of course it has been dismissed now for various reasons. but at the time it was good to see the boss having to answer to any questions regardless of how trivial they were. though they were typical political answers, at least u were receiving it from the horses mouth

bartman

Immortal
That actually happens, Apart from the membership form on a website, it all happens if you know where and when to be, Open to the public, with questions and all. Just not that many know about it, but that can change.
That should have changed already though Mark, if the people in charge (Board, employed managers) made some effort in that direction... as opposed to being forced to admit their lack and make that effort as a last resort.

Stagger eel

Staff member

and there in lies a problem that I've had for quite a while, I've often refered to our board as a secret service.

good letter though, Ovo did what Dr Johno should of done and expose the backround of the directors which on the surface seem more highly credentialed than the opposition on a broader scale.