What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Amazing John Morris

txta2

First Grade
Semi final next year. You are dreaming Tom. Watch on as our best players are cherry picked by clubs salivating over what Morris had built. Maybe Fitz can try to keep them but he only has promises.
Like building a house and then getting a new builder in half way through. We just have to hope it turns out ok.
It’s going to be tough couple of seasons.
Most of our best players except Toby and Talakai are contracted, unless of course you mean the highest earning players.

snout

First Grade
No idea but given what Kent came out with on NRL 360 tonight, his info is pretty accurate.
He joins up this week.
Of all weeks.
The week that all this shit is hitting the fan.
With very specific inhouse knowledge of what went down in the meeting on Monday.
So his agenda for joining is to get across the clubs side of the story and facts to Sharks supporters on a Sharks forum.

Hes a plant from the club to smooth the waters.
To explain their side.
To go anti on the Morris camp.
To let us know the facts, and not believe what the media - read disgruntled buzz - says.

Weaponhead

Coach
A part of my job is coaching Executives how to handle an exit like this.
How you exit has as much impact on your brand as what you did in the job.
Your exit is the first part of the interview for the next gig.
Always exit with dignity regardless of how unfair you might think the situation is.
Keep the emotion out of it and play the long game.
John Morris has received very poor advice. None of how this plays out is helping his future prospects with the smart operators. Take a few days off to breathe, then sit down and plan your future.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Always exit with dignity regardless of how unfair you might think the situation is.
John Morris has received very poor advice. None of how this plays out is helping his future prospects with the smart operators. Take a few days off to breathe, then sit down and plan your future.

His old girl said in that post that he knew he wasn't getting the job. I think Orr is to blame here, he's the bad advice. I'd be smashing the merkin if it was me and yes telling mum to shut up haha

snout

First Grade
This Orr muppet.
Hasnt he been getting bad publicity for like the last decade? Havent him and his brother been known as the shonky car salesman equivalent of a manager?
All lve ever read about these guys has been in the negative. So, seriously...why is a guy like Bomber hitched to them.
Mustve been a helluva pitch.

Aaahhhh The Orr bro’s machine.
They brought us the new Sonny Bill, Karl McNichol, then told Greg Bird to keep his mouth shut and not tell his coach, Sticky, what had gone on that particular night, which lead to his sacking without trial.
Was it their idea to get Bomber to ring Kent and have another cry, all to get his head on the main page again?
Good post, @Weaponhead . Going out with your dignity intact.

carinashark

First Grade
Morris should have stayed on for the season. The team will fly when we get injured players back. That would have made him look very good . And make our players even more attractive on the player market.
The NRL community knows what he has inherited and the results are there. Some of the best coaches are thin skinned and emotional but to just walk out was wrong. Or was he just sacked?
Making a play for Chambers is a missed opportunity as well but it is what it is.

Morris should have stayed on for the season. The team will fly when we get injured players back. That would have made him look very good . And make our players even more attractive on the player market.
The NRL community knows what he has inherited and the results are there. Some of the best coaches are thin skinned and emotional but to just walk out was wrong. Or was he just sacked?
Making a play for Chambers is a missed opportunity as well but it is what it is.
I think you might find that he was shown the door. I doubt the club would want him around so the circus of the last few days stays all season.

Eion

First Grade
He had to go. There’s so long to go in the season and every single press conference would drag this crap out again.

We win games and the club looks bad. We lose games and it’s torture for everyone. Had to go.

Eion

First Grade
Absolutely. Always leave well and never burn your bridges. Who was that CEO that lasted 5 minutes (can’t remember his name), but we didn’t hear boo.

Frankly, this lack of professionalism supports the boards decision.

Quicksilver

Bench
John is an absolute professional.

just because his mum has said something that makes you uncomfortable, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

John is an absolute professional.

just because his mum has said something that makes you uncomfortable, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
I think if you read what the last few posts have been about you'll realise that people think he has been given bad advice by his manager.
Once again, you're playing a role and i get it.

Quicksilver

Bench
You’re blaming him for a supportive post from his mum.

That wasn’t him and it wasn’t even that bad. A bit of light on the situation and all the cockroaches scramble.

He can’t tell her what to do. He’s not her mum you know.

Anyway, there’s not a lot to like about how this club conducts itself. I’m off it.

Does anyone remember when Johnny Lang was told by Sludge that he wasn’t going to be coach the next year?
He didn’t go out on a whinge, he pulled the side together and got them to a prelim final.
He then went on about his business and won a GF with Penrith. Pure class that bloke.

And how did the next couple of yrs for sharks go ? Lang had Richardson ,his partner in crime for many yrs to help assemble team he wanted . had a few years go at winning it with them.aNd many years of Finals and even a superleague GF for his resume. Laughable when people getting leaks club wants them to get that they are just busting to spill, then jump up and down YAY!! when its something is "confirmed" by someone from club who wont even give their name ? Morriss Mums got more guts than that. So what did happen Monday ? never really explained . Sacked , told take chambers and whoever else might be wanted by your succesors ? , lose your change room if you stay? Oh and please keep quiet about it cause Bellamy hasnt signed on the dotted line yet ? P off now . ? Keep mouth shut or you will be unemployed in NRL ? I dont know and I highly doubt people operating behind closed doors are going to be any more trustworthy than ORR and tell truth about it. . OH But a nameless ,faceless plant from the club has come in here with "the Truth" Ha! Oh and the bs about Morriss Mum . WTF? Sounds more like bunch of Primary school boys bullying the kid whose mum was a little careless and hugged him before school. I agree Morriss should have stayed till end of season but maybe he was given impossible conditions.or flat out sacked.

And how did the next couple of yrs for sharks go ? Lang had Richardson ,his partner in crime for many yrs to help assemble team he wanted . had a few years go at winning it with them.aNd many years of Finals and even a superleague GF for his resume. Laughable when people getting leaks club wants them to get that they are just busting to spill, then jump up and down YAY!! when its something is "confirmed" by someone from club who wont even give their name ? Morriss Mums got more guts than that. So what did happen Monday ? never really explained . Sacked , told take chambers and whoever else might be wanted by your succesors ? , lose your change room if you stay? Oh and please keep quiet about it cause Bellamy hasnt signed on the dotted line yet ? P off now . ? Keep mouth shut or you will be unemployed in NRL ? I dont know and I highly doubt people operating behind closed doors are going to be any more trustworthy than ORR and tell truth about it. . OH But a nameless ,faceless plant from the club has come in here with "the Truth" Ha! Oh and the bs about Morriss Mum . WTF? Sounds more like bunch of Primary school boys bullying the kid whose mum was a little careless and hugged him before school. I agree Morriss should have stayed till end of season but maybe he was given impossible conditions.or flat out sacked.
Are you Nostradamus? Can you see what will happen from this point onwards?
You can't.
The rest of your post is terribly hard to read.

Latest posts