What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The annual finals system debate thread

Which System ARL 95/96 or McIntyre

• ARL 95/96 which the AFL use now

Votes: 93 59.6%
  • McIntyre System

Votes: 63 40.4%

• Total voters

jono

Juniors
Jeez Louise , get over it a-hole , you're into the G qualifier
Boo bloody hoo . I hope Brisbane or Melbourne kick your ass

Craigshark

First Grade
The view is sh*t, regardless of where you are
the facilities are piss poor, the location is diabolical, an atmosphere is nigh on impossible to create, it's capacity cant be much more then 20k and thats stretching it imo. There is no coverage from the elements in case of bad weather
Its just not a fitting venue for finals football.

The only redeeming quaility of shark park is the kebab stand of which im a massive fan of :D

So, you have sat in every possible position at the Ground? Including, the ET Stand, Peter Burns Stand, the new Southern Stand etc?
BTW, if you really believe there was no atmosphere last night. You must be very hard to please.
By no means am i saying its the best ground to watch a game from, i just think your judgement is a bit over the top on how bad it is.

pcpp

Juniors
I think they might kill off the Mcintyre system now. All we need is the backlash from the media after Brisbane were rewarded with the Storm for winning and the Roosters were punished with the 8th place team for losing.

Every other complaint about the Mcintyre system has usually based on hypotheticals that have never occurred - now that it has occurred I think it's a catalyst for change.

Fairfax

Juniors
Yes, Leichhardt and Shark Park are both shocking... should try somewhere good like ANZ Stadium or the SFS ;)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Actually, the McIntyre system has added value with the real home finals system.

Now everybody has serious incentive to win.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Really?
What do you suggest is so terrible about Toyota Stadium?

*deep breath*

A bastard to get to.
Freezing at night.
There's powerlines in the ground, radiation poisoning.
Sh*t views.
It's in the Shire.

And the crowd consists of 4 people.

1. Opposition fans.
2. Drunk bogans.
3. Metrosexuals who will be off to Fusion after the game.
4. And ugh boot wearing scrubbers who just walk around the stadium.

abpanther

Staff member
Gotta feel for Brisbane, they win and are rewarded by playing team 1 while the Roosters lose and get punished by playing team 8

salivor

First Grade
Taking off my Broncos cap for a moment, how big a joke is it that Melbourne are the minor premiers and just because they've lost week 1 they now have to face 5th place at their home ground. If we're going to go with such a sh*t system at least in week 2 the higher ranked sides should have home advantage.

jdizzle

Juniors
*deep breath*

A bastard to get to.
Freezing at night.
Sh*t views.
It's in the Shire.

1. Opposition fans.
2. Drunk bogans.

And then carmens.... yeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
*deep breath*

A bastard to get to.
Freezing at night.
Sh*t views.
It's in the Shire.

1. Opposition fans.
2. Drunk bogans.

Apart from that it's good, right?

aussies1st

Staff member
Taking off my Broncos cap for a moment, how big a joke is it that Melbourne are the minor premiers and just because they've lost week 1 they now have to face 5th place at their home ground. If we're going to go with such a sh*t system at least in week 2 the higher ranked sides should have home advantage.

Makes no sense what so ever. The top place team don't deserve to lose their home advantage in the 2nd week and the 8th place team certainly shouldn't warrant a home game. Not taking anything away from the Warriors but to finish 8th and get rewarded with a home match is just crazy. Time to go with what the AFL have.

shiznit

Coach
Makes no sense what so ever. The top place team don't deserve to lose their home advantage in the 2nd week and the 8th place team certainly shouldn't warrant a home game. Not taking anything away from the Warriors but to finish 8th and get rewarded with a home match is just crazy. Time to go with what the AFL have.
i agree with the system... if team 1 cant beat team 8 at home then they certainly deserve to lose home field advantage... and if team 8 can goto team 1's backyard and beat them then there home semi is well deserved...

It is a joke, if anything it should be played at ANZ. rather than the SFS.

Cronulla and the Roosters was NEVER going to be at the SFS.

Had it happened to have fallen that way. Sydney FC had the ground booked and the NRL would have had to move the game to Telstra or swap nights. Easier to move ground.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Makes perfect sense to me. It should stop team 1 from sleep walking through their game. The game has meaning, instead of being a tune up before a week off. Unlike the old Sydney finals system.

You can't bitch about meaningless finals games only to bitch about meaningful games.

IanG

Coach
Well I think Cronulla would be happy now. Instead of having to play in enemy territory next week they get next week off.