What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Arrogance of Andrew Johns

CrazyEel

Bench
mickdo said:
Oops... sorry I missed it. Let me fix it up... ;-)
Woohooo, sorry Holla, I gotta agree with Mickdo now. Yeah I know, I'm just cheap :oops::lol:

Seriously guys, sorry Newie fans cause I know it's not fair to you guys, but even Ink's 9 year old gets the point. Simply put, the majority of fans have just had an absolute gutfull of Johns and all his ongoing crap and want an end to it all.

LESStar58

Referee
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
man oh man how arrogant is this bloke.....as reported in todays paper apparently saying to his brother "my season is over" ffs the worst case scenario is that he will be back in the second week of the finals

but because he wont be there he thinks that the team will dip out, if i were his team mates i would be mighty pissed off that he has no faith in the them

and just reported on the NBN news apparently he has said that he will turn his back on the NRL and go to england if he is suspended......good f**k off you arrogant, petulant piece of sh*t.......and do not let the door hit you in the arse on the way out

Jesus, what is the world coming to?

God forbid the NRL aren't allowed to do their job and protect their match day officials!

f**k off Johns!

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

fridge

to be honest, if i put myself in johns position i'd probably have sworn at the touch judge too. it was a horrible call, and a key match.

BWNB

First Grade
TBH i think we should kick him out of league, kick david gallop out and Bring in ET

SOULS 04

Juniors
if he has come out and said this looking to get sympathy and a shorter sentence its disgusting... i hope he gets the full 4 weeks caus thats low.

Bernster

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
No surprises here...he has always been a spoilt little brat!

Just like a certain leg-spin bowler who I have dubbed Joey's long lost brother.

Anyway...Spot the difference between the following two men who believe they are both bigger than their respective sports...

Exhibit 1: Andrew Johns

JohnsAndrew.jpg

Exhibit 2: Shane Warne

Shane-Warne.jpg

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
You guys don't get it. Johns leaving over this incident would be absolutely catastrophic for the NRL. It would not only have the complete opposite effect they would desire in terms of making an example of him in respect to his behaviour, it will give the media ammunition to attack their judiciary, their rule book, and general policies for years to come.

If Johns does leave, his claim of being scapegoated will be examined by every newspaper around. They will compare punishments for high hits, swearing, anything to make the point that the NRL does not treat its players equally. They will latch on to single examples and use them to shoot the NRL full of holes. The media is like that - it is by nature sensationalist, and that sort of story would generate more attention. They will stop writing of him as a spoiled brat and make him into a martyr instead. 'Good riddance' only lasts a day - 'the best player ever was hard done by' can go on for weeks. Take my word for it, it is the latter story that the media will run.

Johns is not, at the moment, bigger than the game. If he leaves now, in these circumstances, he will be.
I think he knows this. I would be very surprised if the comments he has made aren't simply a ploy in order to ensure that the judiciary is leniant.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bernster said:
Just like a certain leg-spin bowler who I have dubbed Joey's long lost brother.

Anyway...Spot the difference between the following two men who believe they are both bigger than their respective sports...

Exhibit 1: Andrew Johns

JohnsAndrew.jpg

Exhibit 2: Shane Warne

Shane-Warne.jpg

i can spot the difference, one is an absolute legend of his sport and will be long remember by those lucky enough to have witnessed the great mans feats on the paddock, as well as some of them off it ;-)

the other is andrew johns

RABK

Referee
Raider_69 said:
i can spot the difference, one is an absolute legend of his sport and will be long remember by those lucky enough to have witnessed the great mans feats on the paddock, as well as some of them off it ;-)

the other is andrew johns

Warne can't lay claim to been the greatest player his sport has ever produced. :LOL:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Warne can't lay claim to been the greatest player his sport has ever produced. :lol:

Warney is a legend, but your right, he is no Don Bradman, but to come 2nd to Don is pretty special :cool:

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
I don't really like Johns, but it is imperative to the game's best interests that he stays in it. It would be the worst kind of press for the game if he were to leave at the exact time when it needs good press the most. I'm not selling anything, mate. I am more interested in seeing the likes of Marshall, SBW, Jarrod Hayne, etc play than Johns, nowadays. But I don't want to open a paper every day for the next few months to see Johns' greivances with the NRL being given more air time.

RABK

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Warney is a legend, but your right, he is no Don Bradman, but to come 2nd to Don is pretty special :cool:

Sir Gary Sobers is the second greatest cricketer ever mate.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Depends how you classify greatest. If you classify greatest as the one that had the most impact on the sport, then Warne would be very close to no2. He has revolutionised cricket. Nowadays, people want to be spinners!

Raider_69

Post Whore

good call, forgot about Sobers
but IMO, Warney ranks in behind Don, i maybe biased thou, as i love warney :D

RABK

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Depends how you classify greatest. If you classify greatest as the one that had the most impact on the sport, then Warne would be very close to no2. He has revolutionised cricket. Nowadays, people want to be spinners!

Who the f**k cares what you think, from what i've heard you probably think Hauritz is the third greatest ever! :LOL:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Who the f**k cares what you think, from what i've heard you probably think Hauritz is the third greatest ever! :lol:

Not at all. All I said is that it depends how you classify "greatest". That is a very subjective thing mate!

RABK

Referee
innsaneink said:
Hmmm...fools letting a Knights wank change the subject.

Blow it our your arse you bitter old fool.

I didn't defend Johns at any stage, i would if he called you an effin c but cause that's exactly what you are. Insert your brick reference here for the 87th time.