What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Arrogance of Andrew Johns

skeepe

Immortal
ShadesOfTheSun said:
He won't leave because the NRL won't give him four weeks. The press is already starting to go around to Joey's side today, after lambasting his behaviour for the previous few. Whereas previous articles about the incident talked about Johns' petulance, childishness, and immaturity, take a look at the Telegraph or the Herald today and most of the numerous articles are lambasting the refereeing standard instead, talking about what Johns has done for the game, and how four weeks would be unfair.

If Johns were to leave, it would guarantee that the media would make him into a martyr and use this incident as the impetus to attack the NRL, its referees and the judiciary. It'd be a public relations disaster for the NRL, and worse, it'd only make sure that the situation they hoped to stop by checking Johns is exacerbated. Referees will be viewed with less respect, not more, because every newspaper around is going to be running stories about their blunders, or talking about how they are a 'protected species' and given more concern by the NRL than the players. Kids will empathise even more with Johns' alleged 'passion', and rather than being dissuaded from following his example will be encouraged to do so.

Johns' management knows all that. That's why they're pulling these stories about him leaving out of their collective arses. It makes it fairly clear what the NRL's choices are. They can suspend Johns, and watch him destroy them in retaliation, or they can give him a comparative slap on the wrist, thereby being seen to have been 'tough' on their petulant star, and let him play in the finals.

Starting to come around? Come on Mr Fordham. The DT has been running pro-Johns anti-ref stories since it happened. The SMH has had some for and some against, as it remains.

This doesn't change a thing. Who gives a f**k what the media thinks? You certainly didn't when you thought they were all out to get your precious client.

BootS thats a quality contribution.....

Its amazing, we see some of the most blatant cheap shots ever in recent weeks from the likes of Slater who gets 2 weeks for a well aimed forearm to the head.

Wiki nearly takes someones head off as his done many times and gets a week.

O'Donnell hits someone high and takes another hit on him when the blokes on the ground and gets a week.

Yet when Johns after about 3 clearly wrong calls blows up he gets 4 weeks? Come on even the biggest Joey haters have gotta admit that 4 weeks is way, way too much.

But hey with some of the mongo's on here I cant expect common sense to dominate can I?

bluesbreaker

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Just becuase you get a bad decision DOES NOT entitle you to absuse a touch judge. Sorry. The facts are that it would be a 2 week ban if Joey didn't decide to elbow Josh Lewis in the head the week before. That is his fault. He gets a extra week for being a repeat offender. It is not just this incident either, he really has to act the way the premier player has to.

Do you see Lockyer absusing referees or touch judges? No. Referees make mistakes. I didn't hear any problems from Joey when he threw the ball at the ref against the Sharks and got the scrum feed. To me that is a bigger mistake than a 50/50 call in the tackle area. Every team gets some good ones and some bad ones. That is life. Players and ESPECIALLY captains need to realise this and just get on with the game!

God you're a f**king dribbler champ. You really have no idea about well... Anything. "decide to elbow Josh Lewis in the head"? Threw the ball at the ref? Wake up to yourself moron.

LESStar58 said:
Jesus, what is the world coming to?

God forbid the NRL aren't allowed to do their job and protect their match day officials!

WHY protect them if they STUFF-UP..............as admitted by Robert Finch :roll:

Jezuz christ lockyno1..youd be the biggest wanker around here.Youve stayed on the topic for freakin hours.
What a tugger.
havent you got a missus?
or are you getting your jollys from being such an idiot

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Holla if ya hear me said:
You would have to be the biggest farkin merkin in here..all 118 posts of yours are so full of bullsh*t it must just dribble out everytime you speak

Let me tell you this:

I have lived in Newcastle, it is a great town, great people, and I have a soft spot for the Knights.

In fact, I was at the SFS when you guys won your first comp. It was a fantastic day. On top of that, I have always thought that Johns was the best player in the game, and loved watching him play.

Now, I am sick to death of his BS, including throwing mouthguards, abusing officials, not turning up to presentations etc etc. The League has allowed him to play in the UK and bent over backwards to keep him in the game. He owes his existence to the game, not the other way around.

Your posts show that you are so blinded by your infatuation with the man, that you can't see the wood for the trees. The only merkin here is you.

mickdo

Coach
Ziggy the God said:
Now, I am sick to death of his BS, including throwing mouthguards, abusing officials, not turning up to presentations etc etc. The League has allowed him to play in the UK and bent over backwards to keep him in the game. He owes his existence to the game, not the other way around.

Your posts show that you are so blinded by your infatuation with the man, that you can't see the wood for the trees. The only merkin here is you.
What he said

medievilknight said:
WHY protect them if they STUFF-UP..............as admitted by Robert Finch :roll:

So youd be happy if joey through a bad pass for the ref to say " Nice pass Joey you f**king cun+??? The ref would never get to officiate again.

CrazyEel

Bench
I can understand why Knights fans defend him but Knights fans need to understand why the majority of non-Knights fans are totally sick to death of the prats histrionics.

QldEagle01

Juniors
God i love this, sort of makes Manly's Grand Final loss to the Knights insignificant now. keep tearing yourself part Newcastle. No where to go with a pin hearted captain hey..................

Gene Krupa

Referee
QldEagle01 said:
God i love this, sort of makes Manly's Grand Final loss to the Knights insignificant now.

Nah. Nothing can erase that. Actually, I think I can remember one J "Fithy Mouth" Toovey giving a mouthful to the ref on that day. Funny. No-one called for him to get a 2 match ban.

lockyno1

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
"decide to elbow Josh Lewis in the head"? Threw the ball at the ref? Wake up to yourself moron.

Sorry, how did else did he get a striking charge against Lewis? And the call against the Sharks that benefited the Knights was plain wrong! It works both ways. You get some good ones, some bad ones!

Macca616

Juniors
All you blokes getting up joey are deadset rabbits and if you cant cop a bit of passion on the field then adopt another sport.

Thuggery against any official should always be punished but anyone who accuses the stuff going on in the country with what happened on friday needs to pull their head in. Cecchin accepts the wages and should have copped what any other bloke has been called at some stage os his life. What a sook. He has guaranteed hatred from the rest of the NRL players for carrying on like that.

I personally rate a few players higher in the NRL this year than Johns but anyone who is a true supporter of the game cannot ignore the appeal he has for funs and the $$ he injects into the game. Anyone telling him to get lost shd be ashamed of themselves.

mickdo

Coach
Macca616 said:
All you blokes getting up joey are deadset rabbits and if you cant cop a bit of passion on the field then adopt another sport.

Thuggery against any official should always be punished but anyone who accuses the stuff going on in the country with what happened on friday needs to pull their head in. Cecchin accepts the wages and should have copped what any other bloke has been called at some stage os his life. What a sook. He has guaranteed hatred from the rest of the NRL players for carrying on like that.

I personally rate a few players higher in the NRL this year than Johns but anyone who is a true supporter of the game cannot ignore the appeal he has for funs and the $$ he injects into the game. Anyone telling him to get lost shd be ashamed of themselves.
Whatever, Knights fan.

Macca616

Juniors
Mickdo - Love your signature - am sure you've never played grade tho.
I am a raiders fan BTW so lets end these pointless posts of yours

Latest posts