What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ayshford appreciation thread.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Geez.

Unlike most I rate him. Not in the marquee class but as a very good professional footballer. Knows his job and generally does it. Will be a 100 game player by the time he gets here and scores a try every 3 games on average at the moment.

He's defensively sound, versatile (has even played second row) and as quick as anyone we currently have. He's also only 25.

I see him as an upgrade.

M2D2

Bench
Oh hes an upgrade. Just not a massive one.
But i for one will not miss the heart attacks that Ben Pomeroys hands have caused me.

Madsharkie

First Grade
He's def better than pom, and while he's not the best centre out there, it's a step in the right direction. Even better if the tigers are paying for most of him!

SharkShocked

Bench
Pretty sure the Tigers will be paying most of his salary while he's at the Sharks.

He's a much better defender, line runner and hole runner than Pomeroy and Wright.

I'd rather the Tigers hung onto him. oh wells.

Didn't Mayer come out and say that they were putting a stop to this practice?

taipan

Referee
At least I will be able to watch a centre ,who operates with two hands and two feet,instead of one with four feet.

Weaponhead

Coach
Ayshford is better than J Wright and Pom so that is a plus. The other players we have been linked to are more exciting but he can do a job.

Having said that we really need someone who can score 15+ tries in a season. At present we have no one who can score consistently. One of the biggest issues holding us back is the inability to score cheap points. We need more chances than most in the opposition 20 and don't convert pressure into points nearly well enough. The good sides have the execution, pace and skill to keep the score moving. We do not.

Nuffs

Bench
i used to rate him pretty highly

haven't noticed him much this year - not necessarily a bad thing i suppose

upgrade on Pom

maybe Flanno can make him a quality player?!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't Mayer come out and say that they were putting a stop to this practice?

lol, he may have. Tigers re-signed Ayshford in 2011 for 4 more seasons, extending his deal until 2015.

Sharks may very well have picked him up for next to no cost.

Poss

Juniors
Some guy on the Sharks Facebook page reckons:

Konrad Hurrell is coming over the waves from NZ. Already signed. Not announced yet!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
i used to rate him pretty highly

haven't noticed him much this year - not necessarily a bad thing i suppose

upgrade on Pom

maybe Flanno can make him a quality player?!
He's been injured for half the season so far, only just came back into the side 2 weeks ago.

All he needs is good opportunity from his halves and he'll be very good.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I'd like to see the Hurrellcane come to us.

Think Blake isn't a bad signing either, solid player. He will be the best center at the club, can run a good line.

Nuffs

Bench
He's been injured for half the season so far, only just came back into the side 2 weeks ago.

All he needs is good opportunity from his halves and he'll be very good.

haha well there you go!.. that's a good reason why i haven't seen him much this year..

Frenzy.

Immortal
Some guy on the Sharks Facebook page reckons:

Konrad Hurrell is coming over the waves from NZ. Already signed. Not announced yet!

That would be interesting. Flanno was offered Hurrell and Feki 2 years ago. He chose Feki.

Maybe a swap?

Vin Fizz

Bench
Fegg, didnt see that one comming. Ayshford was white hot a while ago, then got dropped and since returning has been solid. He's bigger than he seems on TV (105 kegs 195 centres or sumpin like that) and a good hole runner. Was a madman in defence as well. Mmmmmm, its been interesting that since he, and CL returned the tigpies have improved. I dont mind this signing tbh.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Telegraph reporting we poached him lol.
He was shopped around to free up $$$ for Simona.
FUGGEN telecrap

Latest posts