What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ayshford appreciation thread.

SharkShocked

Bench
Whilst I think we can all agree that Ayshford is an upgrade over Pom (although the exact nature of the upgrade can be debated in my view)... I still am disappointed about this purely because I believe it will probably mean we don't get Simona.

And I was looking forward to having a player of his ability & potential in our backline.

Slow and steady in the NRL will never win the race.

Feej

First Grade
I love it here. We could sign Billy Slater and someone (including myself), would have a whinge about it. Don't mean that disrespectfully to anyone, it's just an observation. :)

SharkShocked

Bench
I don't really think it's us whinging at necessarily good news.

In this case we know that we were interested in Simona and if we end up with Ayshford it's like ending up with your second on the list to take to the dance!

That's the way i look at it anyway :)

Feej

First Grade
I don't really think it's us whinging at necessarily good news.

In this case we know that we were interested in Simona and if we end up with Ayshford it's like ending up with your second on the list to take to the dance!

That's the way i look at it anyway :)

Good point, but if you look at other 'signing' or 'rumored signing' threads, they all seem to be the same. Like I said, no one in particular, but just an observation.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He's played injured for a few of those games ol chap ;-)

He still played 'em and even though I know injury affects form he is only one of about 100+ footballers who play injured each weeks.

I think the games he played injured he wasusedin the second row wasn't he? Not sure about that but he has played in the pigs

Card Shark

Immortal
Not a bad signing in a position we are very skinny in.

Good signing in that case. If tigers are paying some, that's a bonus.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He still played 'em and even though I know injury affects form he is only one of about 100+ footballers who play injured each weeks.

I think the games he played injured he wasusedin the second row wasn't he? Not sure about that but he has played in the pigs
Yeah, he played a similar position to that by Luke Lewis at the Sharks last weekend. A slightly wide running back rower.

Special K

Coach
Ayshford is a typical sharks back.... I thought we were trying to change our thinking by going after the Simonas, Wightons etc

A few years ago I would of been stoked with this signing. It is an improvement on what we have but still... Without Simona, Lafai, SKD or Wighton I can't be that happy with it.

carinashark

First Grade
And Pom , can he play second row instead,,,,,,,,,please. Ayshford has to be better than Pom , right?

Quigs

Immortal
I'd rather get simmo back

I know a bloke that would bar up if we got the Limmo back.

Narhhhh I think fairs fair. We should just let the Pennies rebuild their club around the foundation that is the Limmo.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ayshford is a typical sharks back.... I thought we were trying to change our thinking by going after the Simonas, Wightons etc

A few years ago I would of been stoked with this signing. It is an improvement on what we have but still... Without Simona, Lafai, SKD or Wighton I can't be that happy with it.

You just can't fap off over him :lol:

Latest posts