What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ayshford appreciation thread.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Wests Tigers can confirm the release of centre Blake Ayshford from the final two years of his contract.
Contracted to Wests Tigers until the end of the 2015 season, Ayshford approached the club asking for a release. He will see out the season with Wests Tigers before joining Cronulla.

Chief Operating Officer Grant Mayer said the decision to release Ayshford and forward Eddy Pettybourne last week has helped ease salary cap issues that have developed this season due to a heavy injury toll.

"Managing the salary is often a day by day proposition and decisions like this, whilst difficult, are correct for our long term plans" Mayer said.

“We are going through an important rebuilding phase that will re-establish the Wests Tigers as a top contender year on year. We have some exceptionally big decisions to make over the coming months and with the Direction of our Board, I am confident that our future will be bright.

“From a football perspective, we need a cultural shift that will help develop our young talent. Players like Tim Simona, David Nofoaluma, Marika Koroibete, Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses, Kyle Lovett, Nathan Brown and
Matt Woods are all coming through our system and need to be developed and invested in."

Mayer said that Captain Robbie Farah and the senior leadership group will be instrumental in building the right environment for the younger players.

“They are international players with tremendous leadership qualities and their experience in this area will be vital,’’ he added

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/New-culture-building-at-Wests-Tigers/79339

shaggs

Coach
I'd imagine that Tigers are paying a chunk of Ayshford's contract since he still had 2 years remaining though.

Maybe not if the player requests a release.

If the club pushes the player out then they usually cover some pay to sweeten the deal.

Ausguy

Coach
Yeah they are making a big point about him requesting the release.

Believe it if you want to.

M2D2

Bench
I dont believe that press release at all. Just a coincidence they want to keep simona and need to release players to keep him and others i suppose then. :lol:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Please don't shatter my illusions. Surely there wouldn't be any lies told?

Regardless, that's the official line for now.

Fegg, didnt see that one comming. Ayshford was white hot a while ago, then got dropped and since returning has been solid. He's bigger than he seems on TV (105 kegs 195 centres or sumpin like that) and a good hole runner. Was a madman in defence as well. Mmmmmm, its been interesting that since he, and CL returned the tigpies have improved. I dont mind this signing tbh.

105 kg centre i am thinking just maybe Flanno can turn him into a backrower, we need more of them

Latest posts