What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bench

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Hot on the heels on my bench usage analysis from 3 weeks ago comes this added realisation.

We HAVE to have 80 minute backrowers to allow more rotations of the props as we have become very thin on the ground with them.

Hutch is a deadset passenger. He's got the impact of a high velocity booger on a wet tissue. Nothing happening with the big man.

Mapp is obviously out of favour. Those who watch PL generally say he's one of the best on park but he can't get a look in. Costly piss Dazza.

Selmes is one of those cult hero figures who has a huge following because he stands out like a clown at an accountants convention. THere's nothing about his play that makes him stand out.

That leaves Sanders, Manua and Latimore.

I smell trouble.

Is it time to blood another young gun and hope for a guy as good as Dougie?

Special K

Coach
Villa? Harlen?

The thing that really works against us is the fact we've had our two byes so our top 2 of Stosic and Douglas are going to get hammered every week in from now on. I think we need to push Thompson up in the rotation. That said right now wouldn't be a bad time to blood a Selmes given the chances of injuries down the line. Do we really wanna have to blood a Prop in a finals game?

Douglas, Stosic, Villa, Thompson rotation I could live with. Maiava is a germ.

shaggs

Coach
Selmes is out for an extended period. got stretchered off with a knee injury in newcastle last week. Prob a medial. hasn't been fit enough this year to really perform.

Latimore is soft and has done his shoulder agianst the knights.

Sanders, untested even at PL level.

Manua. Unsure. great in very short intervals. can hit and can break the line. its too bad we dont have offence and defensive teams. this guy would kill it.

Mapp and Harlen are regularly the best on the park for PL. They just need a go.

Villa needs to up there next week.

ghoti

Bench
shaggs said:
Selmes is out for an extended period. got stretchered off with a knee injury in newcastle last week. Prob a medial. hasn't been fit enough this year to really perform.

Latimore is soft and has done his shoulder agianst the knights.

Sanders, untested even at PL level.

Manua. Unsure. great in very short intervals. can hit and can break the line. its too bad we dont have offence and defensive teams. this guy would kill it.

Mapp and Harlen are regularly the best on the park for PL. They just need a go.

Villa needs to up there next week.
I'd promote Manua to replace Hutch's so called 'impact' front rower spot and stick Mapp in there as well with Hilder and Kearney.

The lack of front row options is worrying...it could prove to be the turning point of our season.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Of course Cliff should be there. He might have some fitness issues but give him time and im sure he will come good. Short intervals would work best at the start and as he comes good extend his game time.

Hutch right now offers nothing!

Frenzy. said:
Hutch is a deadset passenger. He's got the impact of a high velocity booger on a wet tissue. Nothing happening with the big man.

Can't argue with that, I cringe every time I see the ball go to him, and as for hios defence, a greco-roman column has more lateral movement.

jc155776

Coach
Manua could be used Fui Like. Comes on and smashed it up then has a break during defence. Gus would hate him.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Thanks shaggs for that rundown. I thought Sanders was on the bench for PL this week. Maybe he didn't get a run.

Seems obvious to me from shaggs post that the obvious ones to come up are Mapp and Harlen. The 2 pissers.

Maybe the club should move on from that for the good of the side.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
I'll say it again, Douglas & Stosic are doing a great job, but a team won't win a comp without a very angry forward, who can put opposing forwards on the back burner.
Rumours tell me that we have sounded out Bryce Gibbs for next year.
Selmes, Villa etc don't scare.
We need 3 big boppers on the bench with Kearney, unfortunately Hilder is not what we need at the moment.

chili pepper

Bench
Sideline Eye said:
I'll say it again, Douglas & Stosic are doing a great job, but a team won't win a comp without a very angry forward, who can put opposing forwards on the back burner.
We need 3 big boppers on the bench with Kearney, unfortunately Hilder is not what we need at the moment.

Yep - we need Beattie Mk2

Inferno

Coach
Agreed. Couldn't believe we weren't taking 2 props into the games against the Broncs and Dogs. Honestly I'd drop Hutch for the rest of the year and Promote Villa, I find it hard to believe he could be worse than Hutch right now. f**k even Loo Loo would be a better option. He fired up more than Hutch ever did. Shame he's injured right now though.

Hows Manua going, he able to step up anytime soon to fill Hutch's shoes?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sideline Eye said:

Bryce would be a tremendous pickup - he's one angry young man.

I agree with your sentiments SLE and in fact have said as much for many years. We are too "nice" and seemingly too image conscious.

I doubt even Ross has the "scare" factor needed.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
No Ross is no scary, but with him & Dougie, coupled with 2 other angry props, that would be the go.
Stapelton could offer this to a degree.

Inferno

Coach
lol his 1 game where he was supposed to fire up, and after that bullsh*t about the carpark scene, he got injured first damn tackle.

Wish we could have picked up Crocker last year. He was in outstanding form before getting suspended. Wonder how much were are offering Gibbs, probably more overs. Pritchard if we had managed to snag him may have been able to do it.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Inferno said:
lol his 1 game where he was supposed to fire up, and after that bullsh*t about the carpark scene, he got injured first damn tackle.

Wish we could have picked up Crocker last year. He was in outstanding form before getting suspended. Wonder how much were are offering Gibbs, probably more overs. Pritchard if we had managed to snag him may have been able to do it.

Too right Inf. We should of offered him The Harbour Bridge.

How old is Cliff Watson? He'd STILL scare people! :lol:

chili pepper

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Bryce would be a tremendous pickup - he's one angry young man.

I agree with your sentiments SLE and in fact have said as much for many years. We are too "nice" and seemingly too image conscious.

I doubt even Ross has the "scare" factor needed.

Simmo scared the crao out of everyone on match eve yesterday. If only others could follow his lead

Inferno

Coach
Why what did he do, lock up someones car after Bible class again?

Way he played today though I thought he must of missed his Bible class.

Seriously though, I want to know, what did "crazy" simmo get up to.

chili pepper

Bench
Inferno said:
Why what did he do, lock up someones car after Bible class again?

Way he played today though I thought he must of missed his Bible class.

Seriously though, I want to know, what did "crazy" simmo get up to.

I'm not sure after his 1st 8 Jager-bombs. I passed out soon after!