What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Biff

ozbash

Referee
After removing my black and white glasses I think Matty King was a trifle hard done by last night.

The touchie said he came up and hit Manu Vatuvei from behind (which is a Barrettesque, cheap thing to do) but after watching the replay he was actually shoved into the hoardings long after the ball had dissappeared from view.

Still, was a pretty good stoush. Should be more of it imo....

simostorm

Bench
Yep, absolutly loved it, I cant wait to the melbourne game next week,
hopefully theres some fights and big hits in that one also.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah I think Matai threw him into the barriers, he has form for that sorta thing eh?
Roosters fans would know.
Totally unnecessary cheapshot that could seriously injure a player.

jamesgould

Juniors
It's pretty common for a player to be pushed like that in a big game, most don't come up swinging though.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The more I see of King the more I like.

Agreed on the Lockyer thing - it was worse.

Rod

Bench
It wasn't Matai it was Vatuvei. And it wasn't that bad, the Lockyer one was worse but even then the players can't be blamed for dangerous objects being too close to the field, when Tupou (?) shoved Lockyer he was still in the field of play and so had every right to do so.

good photo in the todays paper that sums up kiwis really, vatuvei is about to cream king with matai holding king around the throat from behind when he ran in and tackled him, not to mention the initial push, another australian getting tackled in the next fracas, matai is scum, vatuvei is scum...yeah the players cant be blamed when its kiwis shoving oppositiong players into the boards, always playing blind "oh i didnt know my force colliding with him being unaware and off balanced would send him flying 3 meters into an adboard"

Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
good photo in the todays paper that sums up kiwis really, vatuvei is about to cream king with matai holding king around the throat from behind when he ran in and tackled him, not to mention the initial push, another australian getting tackled in the next fracas, matai is scum, vatuvei is scum...yeah the players cant be blamed when its kiwis shoving oppositiong players into the boards, always playing blind "oh i didnt know my force colliding with him being unaware and off balanced would send him flying 3 meters into an adboard"

That doesnt make any sense mate, learn to string a sentence together.

Jeeez you guys reckon kiwis are moaners? Between you and Mr 'It was a cheap shot' Mason theres more weeping pussies in here than a mexican whore house.

Matai and Vatuvei are scum? haha if that was willie mason who had punched a kiwi you would be heralding him as a god.

That'll teach matt king for belting a big island boy when his mates are all near. Next time he might pick his fights a little more wisely or holster his fists all together. Do you think punching Manu in the back of the head was the smartest thing to do ?

Now if only 'big' willie had run into the fight a bit earlier and got what he deserved......

eels_fan_01

Bench
I thought it was a good fight but i would have loved to see King and Vatuai go at it longer, they didnt really get much of a chance when everyone came rushing in. Matt King had ever right to throw punches, he had already lost the ball when he got pushed.

girvie

Staff member
I think Vatuvai accidently punched Mattai in the head when he was trying to hit King.

Munky said:
Did anyone else see Thurston run in and get taken out in one punch?

think vatuvei was like 'are you been serious'. thurston was pretty quick to shake manu's hand afterwards.

p.s. it was either matai or webb did the push

elyod138

Bench
Munky said:
Did anyone else see Thurston run in and get taken out in one punch?

From what I saw it looked like thurston was about to punch Vatuvei but he was grabbed from behind and taken to the ground before it landed, I didn't see him get punched.