What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Hole

shiznit

Coach
Dorial he has stud written all over him, but you won't have to worry, he won't make it past the Colts, 49ers, Hawks, Patriots.

It would take a big drop for both of them to drop, id assume the Jags would take Todd.

I'm pretty sure we finished level with the Jags so we will be picking above them in the 2nd round.

nick87

Coach
I just did a mock draft on the fanspeak.com simulator... Check this one...

1st Round: WR Amari Cooper
2nd Round: WR Dorial Green-Beckham
3rd Round: RB Todd Gurley
4th Round: OT Cedric Ogbuehi
The rest I wasn't sure about and basically went with need and whoever was highest in the bigboard...

5th Round: CB Steven Nelson
6th Round: DE Deion Barnes
7th Round: S Dean Marlowe

If Reggie managed to come away with that draft class he would be welcomed back with a parade!! :lol:

Oh man I can't wait to do this and start dreaming about a Philly draft
Cooper is a good chance though

shiznit

Coach
If you get those players, ill personally paint your house.... Three 1st round talents...
:lol:

It's a broken simulator....

Have a go if you like... http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Pick the Raiders and use the fanspeak bigboard...

I just did a quick 4 round one and managed:
1-Cooper
2-Green-Beckham
3-Gurley
4-Dorsett

3 WR's... :lol: getting Carr some weapons

Last edited:
My jadedness around College Football (and a little bit of help from having no tv and limited internet) caused me to miss every single second of action this year. I've got no idea who's who. The only coverage I've looked at is what the Raiders FB posts. All I know is that when a top 5 talent comes out on instagram and posts a picture of himself with a raiders logo in the picture MONTHS BEFORE the draft, you try and take that guy. Even if he is from Southern Cal where players are generally overrated coming out of college.

Any chance Jacksonville doesn't take him?

shiznit

Coach
My jadedness around College Football (and a little bit of help from having no tv and limited internet) caused me to miss every single second of action this year. I've got no idea who's who. The only coverage I've looked at is what the Raiders FB posts. All I know is that when a top 5 talent comes out on instagram and posts a picture of himself with a raiders logo in the picture MONTHS BEFORE the draft, you try and take that guy. Even if he is from Southern Cal where players are generally overrated coming out of college.

Any chance Jacksonville doesn't take him?
He's at the top of my big board.,.

Unfortunately I don't think he will fall to #4.

If he's available I would take him... But I'd say more likely we will end up with a choice of Randy Gregory, Shane Ray, Amari Cooper & Kevin White.

shiznit

Coach
Great to see Reggie is on the ball at the combine... :roll:

image.jpg

ACTPanthers

Bench
:lol:

It's a broken simulator....

Have a go if you like... http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Pick the Raiders and use the fanspeak bigboard...

I just did a quick 4 round one and managed:
1-Cooper
2-Green-Beckham
3-Gurley
4-Dorsett

3 WR's... :lol: getting Carr some weapons

Carr is a great young QB that could easily build a great team around - Get him some solid WR's that don't have hands like feet and watch it unfold :)

Murray is my new man crush after his performances late last season - Has great vision and leg strength - Dmac (my old man crush) has had too many injuries.

And, as we know, Mack is the man to build a D around :D

Anyway, great to see more legends bleeding Silver and Black like I do :)

gronkathon

First Grade
I did the last one on the list and got

CB TRAE WAYNES G A.J. CANN CB JALEN COLLINS QB BRYCE PETTY TE NICK O'LEARY RB JEREMY LANGFORD OLB ISHAQ WILLIAMS S ADRIAN AMOS

shiznit

Coach
What I posted in the pre-draft thread..

A few whispers out there that the Eagles and the Raiders are looking at a trade...

The Eagles would move up to #4 to take Mariota...

The Raiders would get #20 this year, a 1st and a 2nd next year and RB Shady McCoy...

Me and Nick have talked about this previously and from
A Raiders perspective I'm happy with that...

We could get Dorial Green-Beckham at 20.,, so that's a weapon for Carr... And we have plenty of cap space which we are forced to spend at the moment...

legend

Coach
Raiders are near certainties to land JT unless Chicago or Jacksonville stump up big $$$. Knighton will be a Raider too imo.

shiznit

Coach
Raiders are near certainties to land JT unless Chicago or Jacksonville stump up big $$$. Knighton will be a Raider too imo.
Could Pot Roast and Suh play next to each other??

Those 2 are the most rumoured free agents that the Raiders have been linked to...

Haffa

Tried it. Cant remember which board i took but got:

Marcus Mariota QB, Dorial Green-Beckham WR, Laken Tomlinson G, Kevin White CB, Henry Anderson DE, Kurtis Drummond S, Josh Robinson RB, Curtis Grant ILB

If only...

Someone posted it on BGN. But they could have got it elsewhere.

shiznit

Coach
Why Raiders, Jags must spend big

One of the important parts of the 2011 NFL collective bargaining agreement was a provision called the "minimum spend."

The minimum spend mandates that each team must spend 89 percent of the salary cap from 2013 to 2016 in cash. League-wide, the NFL's 32 teams must spend a combined 95 percent of the salary cap over those four years.

While the league as a whole is spending at the 95 percent level at the midway point of the minimum spend period, 10 teams are under the 89 percent threshold: Oakland, Jacksonville, Carolina, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Washington, New Orleans, New England and both New York teams

The question heading into the 2015 free-agency period is how the minimum spend provision, in its third year, will affect spending. For the Raiders and Jaguars, the impact could be huge.

The system pretty much mandates the Jaguars and Raiders to be the biggest players in free agency. After two years of the minimum spend period, the Raiders are at 80.19 percent of the 2011 and 2012 caps. The Jaguars are at 82.19 percent. Currently, the Jaguars are $66.8 million under the cap for 2015. The Raiders will be at $56.5 million under once the termination of safety Tyvon Branch's contract becomes official.

Don't be surprised if the Raiders make moves on four or five high-priced unrestricted free agents. The Jaguars could move on three or four big names. You could see tight end Julius Thomas and cornerback Byron Maxwell heading to Jacksonville, while the Raiders could go for defensive tackle Terrance Knighton, center Rodney Hudson, tight end Jordan Cameron and a top receiver who doesn't get franchised.

The biggest spenders in free agency usually don't succeed. Last year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers spent more than $143 million on unrestricted free-agent contracts and ended up at the top of the draft after a 2-14 season.

But it's not out of the question that the right deals could move the rebuilding processes in Jacksonville and Oakland up by a year or two. Last year, both franchises appeared to make the right moves with the quarterbacks they drafted. The Raiders are optimistic about Derek Carr. Jacksonville's Blake Bortles struggled through his first season because he was asked to pass too much, but he has the look of a quarterback with a great future.

If the teams can surround their young quarterbacks with good talent, their records might improve. But they have to get it right. One of the reasons both teams are so far under the minimum spend level is that they don't have enough good, young players on the roster who are deserving of contract extensions. Under the current rules, a team can't give a draft choice an extension until his fourth year. The Raiders and Jaguars can't talk about extensions with Carr and Bortles until 2017, which doesn't help for the current minimum spend period.

With quarterbacks making between $16 million and $22 million a year, teams with franchise quarterbacks have little problem hitting the minimum spend. The Panthers, for example, underpaid the first two years, but they have to pay Cam Newton, so they won't have any problem catching up.

It might be surprising to see the Cowboys and Redskins on the list, but that can be attributed in part to the salary-cap penalties they were given for revamping contracts in the uncapped year of 2010. Dallas lost $10 million in cap space and Washington lost $36 million over the 2012 and 2013 seasons, which cut into their ability to spend in the first year of the minimum spend period.

Most of the teams under the 89 percent mark shouldn't have any problem reaching the minimum spend by 2016, but it could encourage them to be a little busier in free agency this year.

The stage is set for the Jaguars and Raiders to spend, spend, spend. Currently, the Raiders' cash payroll is at $78.7 million and the Jaguars' is at $86.4 million. Each team needs to spend $50 million to $65 million of additional cash to catch up to the rest of the league, which should make free agency fascinating.