What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Hole

shiznit

Coach
Just came across this clip this afternoon...

It's Derek Carr's Jon Gruden QB Camp.

http://youtu.be/uuRoYSMtRI8

Well worth a watch if your a raiders fan... Even if your not... It shows what stands him apart from most rookies... The fact he actually calls his own protections and and audablies is pretty rare these days for rookies in the day and age of spread offences

I want him to succeed so bad. Not just because he's a Raider but because he's such a likeable guy. He really tries hard.

shiznit

Coach
I love what he does pre-snap.

What he does as far as recognising where the pressure is coming from and picking up blitzes and using dummy counts and dummy snaps to get a look at the defence is so advanced for a rookie QB going in to his 2nd year.

Everyone praised our O-Line for keeping him away from sacks... But it was largely due to his ability to recognise the defence and to adjust his protection pre-snap.

Now he's had his rookie season and he's been up against a Rex Ryan defence in NY, Bill Belichieck at Foxborogh, the Seahawks in Seattle, Buffalo when they were on fire... So he's seen a fair bit now.

Hopefully he makes a big jump this season.

shiznit

Coach
So the raiders first depth chart for the summer came out...

Interesting that Mack has been moved from OLB to DE...

Look out Peyton, Alex & Phillis... He's coming baby...

Hopefully he transistions well and we have a great pass rush this year to go with the moves we've made to stop the run.

shiznit

Coach
He's definitely helped... The kids unbelievable... He's gone 1 on 1 with both Patrick Peterson and Joe Hayden and made them look silly....

But Carr has been spreading the love... Crabtree is looking real good... Along with Andre Holmes and Marcel Reece... Then there's Seth Roberts... Where did that kid come from??

The same school as Malcolm Buttler apparently... West Alabama.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Geez he sounds like mike brown. I suppose you can look at the Bengals and know that despite the owner the team can still be successful.

shiznit

Coach
image.jpg

Old as f**k... Gangster as f**k...

shiznit

Coach
Yeah sorry pal... I haven't been able to invest too much time in to fantasy over the past month...

Will have to catch up...

skeepe

Immortal
I've been lucky enough to go to two Raiders games, both at home and both losses unfortunately, but what an amazing atmosphere.

Best part of the game this year? The pre-game tailgate. Found a bunch of very welcoming fans and joined them for probably the best party I've ever been to. Anyone who has never been absolutely must go.

Best fans in the NFL, no question.

shiznit

Coach
I've been lucky enough to go to two Raiders games, both at home and both losses unfortunately, but what an amazing atmosphere.

Best part of the game this year? The pre-game tailgate. Found a bunch of very welcoming fans and joined them for probably the best party I've ever been to. Anyone who has never been absolutely must go.

Best fans in the NFL, no question.
That's awesome skeepe... It's one of the highest things on my bucket list...

Sadly, with all the talk of us probably moving out of Oakland I might have missed my chance.

We planned to take the kids to Disneyland so I was looking at timing it with the NFL season so I can sneak up to Oakland to catch a game... The overwhelming response we got from the travel shop and everyone that's been was to keep well away from Oakland and Raiders games... Which kinda pissed me off...

I'll definitely go in the next year or so... It's whether it will be in Oakland or LA or maybe even somewhere else...

DC_fan

Coach
That's awesome skeepe... It's one of the highest things on my bucket list...

Sadly, with all the talk of us probably moving out of Oakland I might have missed my chance.

We planned to take the kids to Disneyland so I was looking at timing it with the NFL season so I can sneak up to Oakland to catch a game... The overwhelming response we got from the travel shop and everyone that's been was to keep well away from Oakland and Raiders games... Which kinda pissed me off...

I'll definitely go in the next year or so... It's whether it will be in Oakland or LA or maybe even somewhere else...

IMOP the best sporting experience you can have is going to an NFL game. Especially when it's your team playing. I have been lucky to see the Cowboys play three times, all wins too. So I would encourage you, if you can to go and see your team play. Let me tell you it's a memory that will live forever with you.

I'm going to the US next year for the first time for my sister's wedding.....Sister decides to have her wedding in April!!!

Maybe I can go to the draft or something?

shiznit

Coach
The draft would be fun... It looked great on TV this year... Chicago looked awesome.

Hopefully we won't be picking until very late in the evening...