What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Burrow

alive103

Juniors
Clevo said:
Southernsaint said:
LOL, like we're going to sit in the rain for 3 hours in order to "prove a point" to a bunch of toothless rejects from Redfern...

I was in the standing area under the scoreboard. Top location...

Well the point would have been "I'll do anything to support my team"

I guess you watched the game on Fox....

Dunno what you meant by "we're" that denots some sort of organisation and a patronage of more than two but at the moment the Dragon Army couldn;t organise a piss up in a brewery. And, before you call someone toothless, I suggest next time you bring a raincoat and call your friends over.... hate to think what you are going to do when the weather actually gets cold.

I guess it's hard to find anyone to be fanatical about a Murdoch financed merged entity. I'd rather be toothless than bend over and say *&@$ me

:)

Enjoy your win Clevo, we'll see at the SCG....

The Dragon Army isn't organised with monthly meetings like the Burrow and its following. It's unorganised, impromptu and that's what makes it unique. Is your supporter base so insecure that you need to lock them to memberships?

Bay 38 provides a lot more cover that Bay 26 and 27... Saints fans aren't afraid of the rain.... the players is a more accurate description.

I'm sorry we didn't prepare for the Charity Shield like it was our Grand Final.... we have bigger fish to fry. You have probably forgotten what it is like to go to a live first grade semi final or grand final.. I supposed fanatism as you would define it is 15 years without a semi final appearance and 33 years without a Grand Final appearance..

Good Luck to the Burrow... you're doing now what Saints fans have been doing from at least 1991-92 onwards. I know a few members of your group and we have a mutual respect for one another. I honestly couldn't hear you guys over the rain from Bay 26 on Saturday night but on odd occasions when sitting away from the Army at the SFS, noise doesn't always travel in that ground. As I said at the start, we'll see you at the SCG.

Slugs

Southernsaint said:
Clevo said:
Southernsaint said:
LOL, like we're going to sit in the rain for 3 hours in order to "prove a point" to a bunch of toothless rejects from Redfern...

Dunno what you meant by "we're" that denots some sort of organisation and a patronage of more than two but at the moment the Dragon Army couldn;t organise a piss up in a brewery. And, before you call someone toothless, I suggest next time you bring a raincoat and call your friends over.... hate to think what you are going to do when the weather actually gets cold.

I guess it's hard to find anyone to be fanatical about a Murdoch financed merged entity. I'd rather be toothless than bend over and say *&@$ me

Meh, what part of "I was in the standing area under the scoreboard" didn't you understand??

How are the Burrow barcodes going, member #101021??

Seems to me you are the confused one !!! One minute you say " like we're going to sit in the rain for 3 hours in order to "prove a point" to a bunch of toothless rejects from Redfern...

and then you finish off with "I was in the standing area under the scoreboard"

So one for time for the dummies...........which one is it ???? Were you with more than one person or on your own ???? :roll: :roll:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Slugs said:
Southernsaint said:
Clevo said:
Southernsaint said:

Meh, what part of "I was in the standing area under the scoreboard" didn't you understand??

How are the Burrow barcodes going, member #101021??

Seems to me you are the confused one !!! One minute you say " like we're going to sit in the rain for 3 hours in order to "prove a point" to a bunch of toothless rejects from Redfern...

and then you finish off with "I was in the standing area under the scoreboard"

So one for time for the dummies...........which one is it ???? Were you with more than one person or on your own ???? :roll: :roll:

Unlike the Burrow, I don't keep tabs on fellow Army supporters. This isn't 1940's Germany, it's football. Yes, I was with other Army supprters but I can't speak for everyone who's in the Dragon Army...

Thanks for the English lesson :roll:

alive103

Juniors
So one for time for the dummies...........which one is it ???? Were you with more than one person or on your own ????

One for time... or one more time should that be? Aren't you the one calling him a dummy? :lol:

Slugs

alive103 said:
So one for time for the dummies...........which one is it ???? Were you with more than one person or on your own ????

One for time... or one more time should that be? Aren't you the one calling him a dummy? :lol:

Actually smartarse I was calling the rest of us Forum Users dummies as we couldn't work out how many people he had with him or whether he was alone..................care to do a spell check for me on this post also :roll: :roll:

Bunny Boy

Juniors
All I know is every year at the SCG the Burrow and the Dragon Army are situated next to each other on the "hill".

And every year without fail the Cops who are between us laugh their arses off at the Dragon Army as they are made to look like pathetic fools.

Outsung, outwitted every time.

God help you when we smack you this year at the G.

Dragon Army - News Ltd Branch #32106231

All I know that every year I the voices of 20 bogans fails to penetrate a distance of twenty metres.

That's just one metre per bogan.

Can you hear the Souths sing? No no
Can you hear the Souths sing? No but I can see their lips moving!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Bunny Boy said:
All I know is every year at the SCG the Burrow and the Dragon Army are situated next to each other on the "hill".

And every year without fail the Cops who are between us laugh their arses off at the Dragon Army as they are made to look like pathetic fools.

You care what Cops think??

I've still never heard a Burrow "song" apart from the confines of Cyberspace. Shit team, tickets on yourselves :lol:

I pity da fool...

PS: Full marks for trying to establish a rivalry with a team far above your station in life, though...

Southernsaint said:
PS: Full marks for trying to establish a rivalry with a team far above your station in life, though...

In my granddad's day South's fans where used as railway sleepers.

The practice only stopped when it was discovered that wood actually held up better. Now days they're using concrete.

Slugs

Daithi O'Conaill said:
All I know that every year I the voices of 20 bogans fails to penetrate a distance of twenty metres.

That's just one metre per bogan.

Can you hear the Souths sing? No but I can see their lips moving!!

Wasnt it you that tipped Souths specials on your own Forum...great supporter you turned out to be !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

BTW which one are you on the left or the right ??? Both cute I might add ;-) ;-)

From where I was sitting in Bay 37 all I could here were the Burrow singing their little hearts out, bless 'em. Couldn't hear anything from underneath the scoreboard where the so called Dragon Army was sitting, then again you lot didn't have much to sing about.
I have to admit that while the actual amount of singers in the burrow is only around the 40 mark, they do have the widest range of songs that I've heard sing at RL games in Oz. While the so called Dragon Army might be larger, they 1) don't have the range of songs and 2) don't have the passion of the burrow. Then again it's hard to excited about a super league "francise" that's won bugger all. Even Newtown has more permierships than St George Illawarra, and we're not merged scum.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Henson Park Hornets said:
From where I was sitting in Bay 37 all I could here were the Burrow singing their little hearts out, bless 'em. Couldn't hear anything from underneath the scoreboard where the so called Dragon Army was sitting, then again you lot didn't have much to sing about.
I have to admit that while the actual amount of singers in the burrow is only around the 40 mark, they do have the widest range of songs that I've heard sing at RL games in Oz. While the so called Dragon Army might be larger, they 1) don't have the range of songs and 2) don't have the passion of the burrow. Then again it's hard to excited about a super league "francise" that's won bugger all. Even Newtown has more permierships than St George Illawarra, and we're not merged scum.

You were sitting in Bay 37, and the Burrow were in Bay 38, right. Hmmmmmm. I know the people in The Burrow are dissapointed that we couldn't hear them but not being directly adjacent will do that to you...

The Jets?? Isn't that a Swimwear company??

Clevo

Juniors
Enjoy your win Clevo, we'll see at the SCG....

I will, we just have to keep it up

The Dragon Army isn't organised with monthly meetings like the Burrow and its following. It's unorganised, impromptu and that's what makes it unique.
No, that's what makes it the rabble it has become

Is your supporter base so insecure that you need to lock them to memberships?
Members are free to leave their membership. Membership ensures when we negotiate things with the club they don;t laugh at us for being a rabble

Bay 38 provides a lot more cover that Bay 26 and 27... Saints fans aren't afraid of the rain.... the players is a more accurate description.

As far as I could see fans were scared of some summer rain too

I'm sorry we didn't prepare for the Charity Shield like it was our Grand Final.... we have bigger fish to fry. You have probably forgotten what it is like to go to a live first grade semi final or grand final.. I supposed fanatism as you would define it is 15 years without a semi final appearance and 33 years without a Grand Final appearance..

Just waiting for your club to catch up.... you have 20 to go yet

Good Luck to the Burrow... you're doing now what Saints fans have been doing from at least 1991-92 onwards. I know a few members of your group and we have a mutual respect for one another. I honestly couldn't hear you guys over the rain from Bay 26 on Saturday night but on odd occasions when sitting away from the Army at the SFS, noise doesn't always travel in that ground. As I said at the start, we'll see you at the SCG.
The respect is mutual...hence the gee up :)

Alba

Coach
as if you would come here and fight with eachother .. guys it was a trial game, YES The Burrow always give it their all no matter what even when down 30 points (great feeling sitting in the Burrow i must say makes the pride grow ) ... and YES the Dragons are gonna be bitter at getting beaten by a team everyone claims is "utter Sh*T" but people lets just keep the squabbles for when the REAL games begin shall we .. ;-) then we will have something to fight about!!

SaintTPP

First Grade
Bunny Boy said:

Our team does the talking for us, "we are crap and we know we are" nice chant by the burrow at 32-0 after 20 minutes. 52-12, talk about outwitted. Fact is Souths don't win very often, thats why the people behind me were getting ready for a grand Final win in 2005, wait they already won it, in Febuary.

Duff

Juniors
Hey Steve get back to wests ya bum :p

We aren't trying to start a rivalry, The Burrow both at the same time, pity and despise your club and merely convey that into our songs. The pity is for the true fans like yourself and Ben who rightfully abhore the merger, and the depise is for the fans who have welcomed the raping of your tradition and history for a measly 8 million dollars with open arms. For your managements lack of integrity and pride and because simply, it's fun to have a team to hate.

You'll never reach the echelons of rooster hating that myself and many other Souths fans reserve only for the filth from Bondi, but you guys will always have a special place in our hearts of rivalry 8)

If we get upset that our songs weren't heard over in Bay 26, it's only because we have not yet reached our goals in The Burrow. We don't want to just be the loudest in the NRL, but too generate an atmosphere not too dissimilar to that of an European Soccer match and we know we are a long way off that :( a plight shared by many groups born under the same objectives in our fair country.

You and fellow dragon army members can write off your shockingly low levels of audibility by continuing to trump the old "we just don't care about your lowly team" line, but in essence, you know the truth. Your "army" lacks noise on a major scale, i know yourself and a fair few others wish to change that. When you do, the sing-off will be great at the G.

Hopefully that day will come soon, for the betterment of atmosphere at Australian sporting events.

Tune: The Flintstones

Saint George Illawarra
They're a tender loving family
From the town of Dapto
They sold away their history

Records, they are all just in the past
Trophies, they just sit and gather dust
Saint George Illawarra
They're a wonderful franchisee.....

Rupert Murdochs Dragon Army