What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chad

Geez some or you blokes are harsh..... harsh but fair. I’m also tipping that once the deal is done with the Cows and he moves on (presumably this year) that Chad will use the whole issue to attempt to increase his media exposure by pouring a bucket of shit on the club. The grubs in the media will delight in presenting the story of his mate Bomber was shit on and how he couldn’t stand to be any further part of the Sharks. Bet my kahunas on it.
Not even close. Chad is a top quality professional. Also, a good guy & loyal servant to the club he grew up supporting. Luckily, the market demand for pre-loved kahunas is at an all time low :rofl::rofl::rofl:

roboshark

Coach
Story in the tele about why he walked out on us

Cant read it as behind paywall. Would be interesting reading lol

txta2

Bench
He walked out
U0L0whTE3lzMc

Tiger Shark

Bench
Story in the tele about why he walked out on us

Cant read it as behind paywall. Would be interesting reading lol

Cowboys recruit Chad Townsend has broken his silence on quitting the Sharks, declaring he can provide the premiership-winning leadership that can rebuild North Queensland as a title force.

News Corp can reveal Townsend has formally advised Cronulla teammates this morning of his decision to quit the club at season’s end to sign a three-year, $2 million deal with North Queensland until the end of 2024.

With the Sharks battling salary-cap pressures as they attempt to keep off-contract duo Matt Moylan and Shaun Johnson, one playmaker had to leave the Sutherland Shire and that man is Townsend.

The 30-year-old playmaker has amassed 141 games for the Sharks since his NRL debut in 2011 and had hoped to finish his career at the club after helping deliver Cronulla‘s maiden premiership in 2016.

Townsend has vowed to remain committed to the Sharks for the rest of the season, but is relishing the prospect of his move to Townsville in November, insisting his experience can haul the Cowboys out of the NRL cellar.

“My best attribute is providing a team with leadership,” said Townsend, speaking for the first time about his decision to leave Cronulla to finish his career at the Cowboys.

“I believe I know how to deliver a coach’s game plan while ensuring my teammates who need the space or the ball get it at the right time.

“It was an extremely difficult conversation with my teammates (telling them he had signed with the Cowboys) but I wanted to make my decision early so we as a team can focus on the season ahead.

“Joining the Cowboys is an opportunity to secure my family’s future as well.

“I feel it’s the right time in my career.”

Cowboys and Queensland Origin star Valentine Holmes, who won a premiership ring alongside Townsend at the Sharks in 2016, backed his former teammate to step up as the club‘s senior playmaker following the shock retirement of Michael Morgan.

“It was difficult to lose a player like ‘Morgo’, so to be able to secure Chad is a great buy for us,” Holmes said.

“Chad is exactly what we need.

“He will be the perfect game manager to allow ‘Drinky’ (five-eighth Scott Drinkwater) and I to attack where we need to.”
Newcastle-bound emerging playmaker Jake Clifford has struggled to be a dominant voice at halfback in the past 18 months and the Cowboys believe Townsend will provide some authority at the scrumbase.

Aside from being an outstanding goalkicker, Townsend is also viewed as a senior mentor to assist in the development of the next generation of Cowboys players.

“Chad carefully considered his future,” said his manager Chris Orr from Pacific Sports Management. ”He wanted to ensure he approached this process professionally and when he made his decision he informed all parties of his decision personally.”

Townsend said there is no ill-feeling with Sharks management and has pledged not to let his Cronulla teammates down for the rest of the season.

“I want Sharks fans and members to know that I‘m committed to this season,” he said. “I’m grateful for their support over the years.”

Sharkorff

Juniors
Townsend said there is no ill-feeling with Sharks management and has pledged not to let his Cronulla teammates down for the rest of the season.

“I want Sharks fans and members to know that I‘m committed to this season,” he said. “I’m grateful for their support over the years.”
We are grateful that you have considered the team for the rest of 2021. I for one, appreciate you volunteering to stand down for the rest of the season, to give the team a chance. Thank you Chad.

MilkShark

First Grade
Well we didn't let him go, he had the option and chose not to activate it. Yeah signing a 7 before hand might have been good but sounds like Chad has taken this offer because he got the hint he wasn't going to be starting 7 with us.
Ah yeah good point mate

Latest posts