What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chad

sladden road

Juniors
Fellas,
i must be getting old and soft. This has worked out for the absolute best for us so I say good luck Chad. For what the Cowboys need he is a good though slightly overpriced buy. It clears the decks for us and puts us in a prime position for next year to advance. So probs stop death riding the merkin, let him go in peace. He has done us a HUGE favour.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I’ve been used and accepted that Chad was going to be with us forever...play out too long, retire and then take up a coaching position or something.
So this is a pleasant surprise and best for both parties. He gets a bloody good deal as do we.
He can walk away as part of that honour role team of 2016 and think he he left on his own terms, when really he didn’t and should feel very fortunate in finding a home in the sweat box of NTH QLD.
Best of luck Chad. So many memories, so much bollocks.
The three last games of pf 2016 pretty much spell out the proficiency of Chad.
Hooked in the Raiders game
Smashed it in the Cowboys game
Mixed bag in the GF
Good times, better ahead

fizman

Bench
I just saw the Chad interview on CH9 News with the great Danny Weidler.
  • Cowboys paying $2.4M over 3 years.
  • Chad said he spoke to Fitz who said he was “Sad to see him go and he would have loved him to stay at the Club.”
I looked at Chad during the interview and my professional conclusion is “Liar, Liar - Pants on Fire!”

Just one thing. I have been reading all the articles on Chad’s exit today.
Credit where credit is due. He is handling his exit professionally and passionately ( in terms of his passion for the sharks)
He is not putting a foot wrong in his statements. He has come out and said it had nothing to do with Morris leaving which is helping that whole story quickly retreat.
He is thanking the club and the players and had positive things to say about Fitzy.
Well done Chad

Frenzy.

Immortal
Story in the tele about why he walked out on us

Cant read it as behind paywall. Would be interesting reading lol

Walked out? He wasn't wanted.

Also, there is no such thing as an interesting read in the Telecrap. They haven't got a thing right yet over anything Sharks

roboshark

Coach
Walked out? He wasn't wanted.

Also, there is no such thing as an interesting read in the Telecrap. They haven't got a thing right yet over anything Sharks
The heading said " why I walked out on the sharks"

And yes the tele sucks

Frenzy.

Immortal
Nah. Now we have more money freed up for SJ or another half. Pussyfooting around with an average half like CT as a fallback option is how we used to do things. It's a new regime now.

I reckon SJ will head north as well. There's no extra money for him. More likely a significant reduction

Frenzy.

Immortal
  • Chad said he spoke to Fitz who said he was “Sad to see him go and he would have loved him to stay at the Club.”
I looked at Chad during the interview and my professional conclusion is “Liar, Liar - Pants on Fire!”

I just watched a Chad interview on Kayo. May be the same one but that was kickin' out the company line at best.

Don't think there was malice in it but it wasn't the truth.

snout

First Grade
Yeah nah...at this time the clubs happy to let him have this.
He wasnt wanted. He wouldve been told he was heading for a newtown jumper and his mamager has pulled this out to save face for chad.
His version of events - he chose to leave - might differ from the truth but hes earnt the right to paint that picture. Nobodys going to put the boot in and say nah.

And sure fitz was polite. "Ah thats a shame chad. I wouldve enjoyed coaching you."
People get sacked every day and get told we hate to see you go.

Latest posts