What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Vice Admiral David Shackleton said:
"In that instance they were, it doesn't appear that they were thrown in, certainly [they] were threatened to be thrown in, and this is a practice that these people do because they know Australian sailors will react to that."

Just to clarify, the Vice Admiral's definition of 'these people' is the same as mine
Really? I don't see anywhere in that quote where he refers to them as being "child abusers..." - that is what you said. Or are you putting words into the Vice Admiral's mouth as well now?

Just because some folk like yourself want to paint everyone with the same brush, doesn't make it a gimme.

In any case, it's just another irrelevant point not backed up by the full context of the source.

btw, good to see you're still avoiding the key elements to the debate and still side stepping questions.

Jimbo

Immortal
Willow said:
btw, good to see you're still avoiding the key elements to the debate and still side stepping questions.

I thought I'd have a go at arguing like you lefties ;-)

My point was that they are all the same because they are trying to jump the queue, not that they are all necessarily child abusers, etc. But I'm guessing you knew that already...

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Willow said:

I thought I'd have a go at arguing like you lefties ;-)
Another dodge.

Jimbo said:
My point was that they are all the same because they are trying to jump the queue, not that they are all necessarily child abusers, etc. But I'm guessing you knew that already...
Actually, when I asked what you meant by 'these people' you replied:
"...'these people' are the boat people. Illegal immigrants. Child abusers. Scuttlers. Not the sort of people we want in this country."

All of which is a generalisation and taken straight out of John Howard's book of political rhetoric.

I see you decided to drop the Miranda Devine line of argument.

Jimbo

Immortal
Willow said:
"...'these people' are the boat people. Illegal immigrants. Child abusers. Scuttlers. Not the sort of people we want in this country."

All of which is a generalisation and taken straight out of John Howard's book of political rhetoric.

Boo Hoo.

Boat people are queue jumpers, and do not belong in this country.

End of story

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Willow said:

Boo Hoo.

Boat people are queue jumpers, and do not belong in this country.

End of story
Another dodge.
So you're declaring yourself the winner? :lol: :lol:

Jimbo

Immortal
Whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, people who are prepared to risk their children's lives are not welcome in this country. And another 29 pages of bullsh*t are not going to change my mind.

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, people who are prepared to risk their children's lives are not welcome in this country. And another 29 pages of bullsh*t are not going to change my mind.
I thought you only contributed to about 19 of those pages.

Tighthead

Whatever.

What do you think of people who risk their children's live by keeping them in imminent danger?

Jimbo

Immortal
Tighthead said:
What do you think of people who risk their children's live by keeping them in imminent danger?

I think they should move out of Hurstville ASAP

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Tighthead said:

I think they should move out of Hurstville ASAP
Said without prejudice? Not likely.
Please elaborate Jumbo. What is about people from Hurstville that you don't like?

Jimbo

Immortal
Too much violent crime for my liking. When I go to the pub I don't like getting shot at.

Would you like me to say there are too many Asians there so you can call me a racist? ;-)

Jimbo

Immortal
Too much violent crime for my liking. When I go to the pub I don't like getting shot at.

Would you like me to say there are too many Asians there so you can call me a racist? ;-)

Jimbo

Immortal

Jimbo

Immortal

Anonymous

Juniors
Geez, you wanted to drive that point home. :lol:
Jimbo, I already have an opinion about you; and 29 pages of bullshit you 'don't care about' are not going to change my mind.

Blade

Juniors
Howard's credibility takes - yet - another blow.

General throws PM overboard

By Patrick Walters -- August 28, 2004

TWO high-ranking military officers have backed Mike Scrafton's account of the children overboard affair, revealing that the former defence bureaucrat told both of them in 2001 he had informed John Howard that the high-seas incident did not happen.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10590071%5E421,00.html

Latest posts