What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

bottle

Coach
Biggest chokers in the history of league. Will never live it down.

I suppose it could be worse. Imagine if they were a team that ripped a four year fissure in the fabric of the game and were forever remembered as the greatest cheating f**k of a team in the game's history, like, Melbourne say. Now that would be bad.
Whereas chokers is a term applied to 1 of 15 teams that lose in particular year and merely an insult, carrying the moniker 'Cheats' for evermore based on proven fact would be far worse and the ultimate embarrassment.

I suppose it could be worse. Imagine if they were a team that ripped a four year fissure in the fabric of the game and were forever remembered as the greatest cheating f**k of a team in the game's history, like, Melbourne say. Now that would be bad.
Whereas chokers is a term applied to 1 of 15 teams that lose in particular year and merely an insult, carrying the moniker 'Cheats' for evermore based on proven fact would be far worse and the ultimate embarrassment.

Bit touchy are we...

thommo4pm

Coach
[/B]
That last bit just about sums up the Dragons fans to a T.

Remember all the talk about how "once Origin is over we'd all see the real Dragons"? Well in a sense they got that right....... the real Dragons are a team of chokers.

What does it say for your mob then?
Didn't we beat you 24-6, you're one of the 2 teams we have beaten in the last 10 games.

Daddycool

Juniors
If it makes you feel better Thommo, feel free to watch both of those 2 wins again. After 4 straight losses, I doubt your mob can remember what a win feels like!

Evenflow

Bench

sz7pkn.jpg

the dude

Juniors
St Merge had their premiership and that will be it for the next 30 years.. Blink and you would've missed it.. Sorry guys, hope you all enjoyed it while it lasted.

Bucket

Bench
isn't it a sad indication of some of the tools on this forum that they will actually create an account called 'st-merge' to only discuss topics that bag the dragons....you sir are an a grade clown (also, us saints fans are not in the slightest offended by you bagging us for being a merged club, it often puzzles me as to why you think this is an insult)

the dude

Juniors
isn't it a sad indication of some of the tools on this forum that they will actually create an account called 'st-merge' to only discuss topics that bag the dragons....you sir are an a grade clown (also, us saints fans are not in the slightest offended by you bagging us for being a merged club, it often puzzles me as to why you think this is an insult)

because you sold yourselves out. Must suck having just 1 premiership to your name.. I'd rather support the wooden spoon winning team for 60 years of my life than support a club that didn't stand up for itself.

Bucket

Bench
how the f**k is a mid season form slump a choke?! we will most likely finish lower end of the 8 and get knocked out week 1, with no expectation of being the favourites, hardly a choke....lets say melbourne were to not even make the GF, you could call that a choke, after being clear favourites all year and winning the MP

Bucket

Bench
thats utter garbage, we merged because financially we had no option, would you rather support newtown nsw cup side or st. george illawarra first grade? It bothers me little that you think we sold out and that you also think we have only 1 premiership, I supported st. george pre merger so the team I support has won 16, its irrelevant anyway.....we are still represented as the dragons with the red v in FG, if your business was going under you wouldn't baulk at another business forming a partnership with you because you were scared that you were selling yourself out, you would do what you had to do to survive......unless you are an absolute brain dead halfwit of course

LatK7

First Grade
how the f**k is a mid season form slump a choke?! we will most likely finish lower end of the 8 and get knocked out week 1, with no expectation of being the favourites, hardly a choke....lets say melbourne were to not even make the GF, you could call that a choke, after being clear favourites all year and winning the MP

x10

Choke calls are just trolling.

Latest posts