What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

Spot On

Coach
LOL while i know it's a rhetorical question yes it's true. Certain admin around here are very touchy and the are masters of handing it out but just can't take it.

Oh, that's a pity. Oh well, maybe with time and therapy all users can learn to give and take, and simply enjoy a forum where all thoughts on rugby league can be shared ................... oh, and can we have World peace as well!:lol:

stMERGE

Juniors
First the excuse was the Steelers alternate jersey, now it'd have to be the new Western Stand at WIN stadium. Funny how all the anti-Illawarra St George Dragons fans are the first to complain that the NRL wouldnt let them play at WIN stadium in the finals. Gasnier wasnt too happy when he found out he couldnt play at Kogarah ever again after the Sharks game too.

So thats fans, players and bookies getting ahead of themselves in relation to the Dragons top 4 chances....

cmon we all know the fans of this pathetic excuse of a team have no brains in terms of intelligence I'd rank them below souffs fans and slightly above an inanimate object the team is already falling apart Boyd is just messing around with chip kicks the team has no passion and doesn't care about their fans Sowie is begging for a switch with Mullen cause his bed will be cold at night without Boyd and Bennett snuggling beside him

stMERGE

Juniors
20 - 12 forever you will be dominated by us your last game with Bennett and Boyd I hope you're prepared for 10 years of CHOKE

Evenflow

Bench
Can we expect a mass influx of grand final tickets on ebay in the coming weeks?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...are-finals-seats/story-e6frfgbo-1226101651625

Cocky Saints fans snare finals seats

440207-dragons.jpg

COCKY, arrogant or just plain passionate? Amazingly, the Dragons' Red V Army has snapped up four times more grand final tickets than fans from rival clubs. It is a defiant message from Saints supporters ... they want back-to-back titles. But they still can't kick their Canberra hoodoo, with the Raiders triumphing 24-19 last night.

As of last night, Dragons ticketed members had bought 34.3 per cent of grand final tickets. The next best were Brisbane supporters, who had purchased 8.9 per cent of tickets for the October 2 decider.

Cronulla fans are least interested, with 1.5 per cent of tickets bought.It is startling to think Saints fans are so much more bullish about their side's chances than other clubs. "This shows how much Dragons fans love their club," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

Former Dragons premiership-winning captain Steve Edge believes the passion of Saints fans goes back to the club's famous 11 consecutive titles between 1956 and 1966. "It's our culture," Edge said. "It has been in place for many, many years, going back to the 11 in a row. It has been handed down from dad to son and it has kept going."

Asked if it is passion or cockiness, Edge said: "It is passion. The fans are still there when the side isn't winning. To have 34 per cent of tickets sold is amazing. Saints fans aren't afraid to support the team, under any circumstances. "Former St George Illawarra centre Mark Coyne echoed Edge's opinion, saying there is again poised to be a sea of red and white at the grand final.

"It (the support) has put a bit of pressure on the players but it is fantastic encouragement," Coyne said. "It shows so much trust in the team to get there again. It is a great show of faith. "Last year St George Illawarra were the standout side but Melbourne are back and Manly and Brisbane are hovering around. It will be a harder competition to win this year.

"No one has gone back-to-back in the NRL but there is always a first time. And plenty of clubs have won successive titles before the NRL." Grand final tickets to the general public go on sale from 10am on Thursday. "The numbers are a credit to everyone at the St George Illawarra club," Gallop said. "The club has a rich history."

Evenflow

Bench
all of those banners look like they were made from oil pastels wth lol

I can see the "Saint Benny" and "King Darius" banners copping a ceremonial burning after the next loss not to mentions effigies of both men going up in smoke as well. You can add the GST one into that as well, to be fair it always has been just a shitful banner.

stMERGE

Juniors
I can see the "Saint Benny" and "King Darius" banners copping a ceremonial burning after the next loss not to mentions effigies of both men going up in smoke as well. You can add the GST one into that as well, to be fair it always has been just a shitful banner.

lol tbh I've been awaiting a video of a fan burning the alternate strip jersey I can just see it happening in the wollongong mines all the bogans standing around begging for the choke to be lifted

Daddycool

Juniors
LOL while i know it's a rhetorical question yes it's true. Certain admin around here are very touchy and the are masters of handing it out but just can't take it.

That last bit just about sums up the Dragons fans to a T.

Remember all the talk about how "once Origin is over we'd all see the real Dragons"? Well in a sense they got that right....... the real Dragons are a team of chokers.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
cmon we all know the fans of this pathetic excuse of a team have no brains in terms of intelligence I'd rank them below souffs fans and slightly above an inanimate object the team is already falling apart Boyd is just messing around with chip kicks the team has no passion and doesn't care about their fans Sowie is begging for a switch with Mullen cause his bed will be cold at night without Boyd and Bennett snuggling beside him

Yeh, well, at least we can use commas,,,,,

Latest posts