What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

firechild

First Grade
how the f**k is a mid season form slump a choke?! we will most likely finish lower end of the 8 and get knocked out week 1, with no expectation of being the favourites

No expectation? Coulda fooled me. The fact that one betting agency paid out on Dragons as minor premiership half way through the season suggests they may have been heavy favourites (regardless of the fact it was a publicity stunt). The fact the choke set in earlier than expected doesn't take away from the fact that the Dragqueens were heavy favourites to win the 2011 premiership.

Mong

Post Whore
Raises an interesting question..

Does any time a favourite ends up losing a game or a race or whatever it may be classify as a choke?

There would be a lotof choking going in if that is the case.

Seems like a fail troll attempt there firechild.

Bucket

Bench
It's not a choke, pre origin we were favs, post origin the betting agencies have slowly distanced themselves from us...we are nowhere near favourites and haven't been for a few weeks now.....as they say you don't win premierships in any other month than September, just as you cannot choke any other month than September

betcats

Referee
It's not a choke, pre origin we were favs, post origin the betting agencies have slowly distanced themselves from us...we are nowhere near favourites and haven't been for a few weeks now.....as they say you don't win premierships in any other month than September, just as you cannot choke any other month than September

O its a choke for sure.

firechild

First Grade

Most premierships are won in October, maybe you're an AFL supporter?

As for nowhere near favourites. It was only the week before last that Melbourne became equal favourites with the Merge. Until the weekend St Merge were 2nd favourites so I would hardly say that the betting agencies have bee distancing themselves from St Merge.

Bucket

Bench
you know what I meant, stop playing on the words...call it what you want buddy, it certainly isn't a choke

Sleep

Juniors
When the other team is paying more than $6, has 16.5 start with the betting agencies and the game is being played at your home ground I think you can make a case for a choke.

carcharias

Immortal
When the other team is paying more than $6, has 16.5 start with the betting agencies and the game is being played at your home ground I think you can make a case for a choke.

and they have 12 men for 10 mins.

to be fair ..the dragons had Soward ...same as 12 men in defence.

Liddell

Juniors

I think Souths had a similar start a few weeks back at the same ground.

Dragons up by 20 and still lose...Choke.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

now when a similar situation was played out between canberra and the storm down at AAMI park earlier in the season, it was called an "upset"..

but of course the dragons never get done over in an upset.. it's always a choke..

bring your best boys & girls.. call us chokers but you are really only rattling the minority of fans with your calls..

HowHigh

Coach
Are the dragons really that good? Every single loss for the past 10+ years gets called a choke
I think some people have been choking on too much dick and have the word stuck in their mouth

Fingerbang

Bench
I don't mind all the choke jibes. At least they seem to be spelling it correctly now too.....instead of chock, or chookers etc.

It really is a compliment to the team calling every loss a choke. For them to call it such, means that they rate the Dragons as a team who should win every game. I can't argue with that. Even when we are a mid table team, the choke tag gets thrown around....meaning they think we should be near top of table, not middle. Again, I take that as a compliment.

Oh, and every loss being labelled a choke......all it really does is belittle the team who beat us. I can live with that too.

On a side note......the mental giant Sharks supporter who only ever contributes the same line in here, about the 2010 Clayton's Premiers.....still got to be better than a team who have never been any kind of Premiers.

Fingerbang

Bench
I predict alot of GF tickets for sale on EBAY with Kogarah addresses.
Who knows.....maybe Michael Jennings will hit the piss again this week, told to get on ebay to buy them all and hand them out to all the derros out Penrith way who can't afford to buy one for themselves.

firechild

First Grade
now when a similar situation was played out between canberra and the storm down at AAMI park earlier in the season, it was called an "upset"..

but of course the dragons never get done over in an upset.. it's always a choke..

bring your best boys & girls.. call us chokers but you are really only rattling the minority of fans with your calls..

No, the choke is losing to Canberra, lol@50uff$ and the Roosters in a space of 4 weeks with a respectable loss to the Tigers thrown in for good measure. At the beginning of the 4 weeks St Merge were still favourites to win the premiership with all major betting agencies, now they are equal 3rd along with Brisbane and Wests with Sporting Bet.

Latest posts