What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

nrlnrl

First Grade
I hope the merge don't get knocked out this week. I'd much prefer them to be knocked out more embarrassingly next week with the penalty count in their favour with the deciding try being one which the winger stepped out of the field of play to create. Regardless, lol@merge, wooden spoon next year get on them now!

for sure, best bet of 2012....

nrlnrl

First Grade
Bad luck Dragons fans. The loss itself is probably just a loss but the manner of the loss looked very choke-like.

depends on your definition of a choke, seems any Dragons loss is deemed a choke

To me, a choke would be losing when in a seemingly unbeatable position

minichiello

Juniors
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but most wooden spooners in previous years have finished in high positions. Roosters top 5 2008, spoon 2009, Melbourne top 5 2009, spoon 2010, Titans top 5 2010, spoon 2011, Dragons top 5 2011, spoon 2012

LatK7

First Grade
Dragons lost to a team that finished above them on the ladder
How is that a choke you geniuss?
Well done to the tigers.....not happy at all though

Didn't you know? A St George loss = choke.

They could run last, play against the minor premiers in round 26, lose by 2 and it'd still be a choke.

Sigh.

Danish

Referee
i think dominating as much as they did in the first half and being up by 6 partnered with how many times they went into touch in the 2nd half on tackle 1, dropped balls cold and conceded linebreaks up the middle you could say they choked.

Not 99 levels, but 2009 levels easy

SerbDragon

Coach
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but most wooden spooners in previous years have finished in high positions. Roosters top 5 2008, spoon 2009, Melbourne top 5 2009, spoon 2010, Titans top 5 2010, spoon 2011, Dragons top 5 2011, spoon 2012

Confident? $1000 says your not.

Im calling you out... come on hero

Fingerbang

Bench
I guess being outplayed and losing to an opponent higher on the ladder than you must be considered a choke these days.

All I know is that Tigers are more than capable of beating us even when we are on our game. I hate how all these sheep keep dissing on the Tigers by saying Dragons choked tonight.

thommo4pm

Coach
i think dominating as much as they did in the first half and being up by 6 partnered with how many times they went into touch in the 2nd half on tackle 1, dropped balls cold and conceded linebreaks up the middle you could say they choked.

Not 99 levels, but 2009 levels easy

:lol:
Up by 6 points, against a side who finished higher on the ladder after 26 and losing a tight match is now a choke. That will do me.

Meth

Staff member
Not a choke.

Dragons are not in any sort of shape to be favorites to win the comp again this year. We've known that for the last few months.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Dragons had the lead and should have been leading by so many more if the soft c**ks actually went for tries instead of penalty goals and field goals.

For a lot of the game the Tigers defence was very ordinary (Soward showed that in setting up Nightingale).

Once I heard Lawerence was out I changed my tip to the Dragons. I thought they would have been smart enough to just attack Utai all night with every opportunity.

However, when the tough got going, everything started to fall apart. Nobody could hold onto a ball and they started imploding.

Sorry fellas. That's a choke. You should have flogged them. No excuses