What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

Fingerbang

Bench
I do feel sorry for them. Not as rugby league fans but as human beings.

What pathetic lives they must lead.
Hence why they fantasize about another world. Kinda like that Second Life online thingy....only it is in their heads instead of the internet.

eg. bhp claiming most people pm him with encouraging words of praise and admiration for his stance and thoughts here in LU. And how they are just embarassed about letting their feelings be known in a public forum.

I say hands up....man up, if you are one of these people.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Let's hope our 'choke' this year is similar to last year's 'choke.'

For the record, the Dragons didn't lose a game for 7 months after 'choking' in Canberra.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Also, it's easy to forget we were missing our captain and halfback, best prop and lock last night.

Would love to see if Melbourne would 'choke' without Cronk, Sika Manu and Adam Blair.

Or Manly without Daly, Watmough and King.

thommo4pm

Coach
Also, it's easy to forget we were missing our captain and halfback, best prop and lock last night.

Would love to see if Melbourne would 'choke' without Cronk, Sika Manu and Adam Blair.

Or Manly without Daly, Watmough and King.

We don't need to make those excuses.
Canberra had more players out than us last night, injuries aren't an excuse for us last night.

typicalfan

Coach
Fair is fair, we will forget to mention Canberra were without their main playmaking 5/8 and test props

And Michael Weyman was playing ;-).

All you have to say is we lost because the Raiders came out in the second half and outplayed us. That is the most accurate description of the match.

sting

Bench
Hence why they fantasize about another world. Kinda like that Second Life online thingy....only it is in their heads instead of the internet.

eg. bhp claiming most people pm him with encouraging words of praise and admiration for his stance and thoughts here in LU. And how they are just embarassed about letting their feelings be known in a public forum.

I say hands up....man up, if you are one of these people.

Raiders_Spooners would surely be one of them.

Canberra had more players out than us last night, injuries aren't an excuse for us last night.

Spot on, there's no excuses we should have won. Highly irrelevant game though, hence why all the usual nuffies carrying on is so funny.

typicalfan

Coach
Raiders_Spooners would surely be one of them.

Spot on, there's no excuses we should have won. Highly irrelevant game though, hence why all the usual nuffies carrying on is so funny.
Not really, this loss puts the Dragons one point away from being outside the top 4. And when you consider a short turn around next week and the Storm in Melbourne coming up the Dragons need to get into gear very soon. Not irrelevant at all.

sting

Bench
Well I'm not too concerned and I know that many other saints fans had this game penciled in as a loss. I believe our next two games are Souths and Easts. That should have us nicely back on track.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Well I'm not too concerned and I know that many other saints fans had this game penciled in as a loss. I believe our next two games are Souths and Easts. That should have us nicely back on track.
Not too many Dragons fans had penciled in a loss when that field goal went over.

You're a good guy. Good luck for the rest of the season.

If only the rest of these jokers could humble themselves and admit the better team won.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Not really, this loss puts the Dragons one point away from being outside the top 4. And when you consider a short turn around next week and the Storm in Melbourne coming up the Dragons need to get into gear very soon. Not irrelevant at all.

We play Souths on Sunday at the SCG, nothing wrong with that turn-around. Hopefully have Hornby & Hunt back as well so we will be a stronger side. Top 2 may be out of the question now though, Melbourne/Manly are playing such consistent footy.

Fien

Juniors
Typical StMerge August choking session if you ask me. Once again we see the Oki Choki in full swing. Just like in 2009 the Rabbitohs will Towel Up the Dragons again this Weekend.

sting

Bench
Not too many Dragons fans had penciled in a loss when that field goal went over.

Hmmm my friends and I were not confident at any point in that second half.

But that isn't the point. I was obviously referring to before the game and in the context of the whole season.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Typical StMerge August choking session if you ask me. Once again we see the Oki Choki in full swing. Just like in 2009 the Rabbitohs will Towel Up the Dragons again this Weekend.

I hope we don't run into the Chookies in the finals!

Oh, wait...

Fien

Juniors
I hope we don't run into the Chookies in the finals!

Oh, wait...

I couldn't care Less if you ran into the Fowl in the Finals. It's our Mob who will derail your season and ultimately End it when we beat you in the Finals!

:lol::lol::lol:

Fien

Juniors
Yes now the Cowards no what it is like to Have everyone Laugh at them.

Learn to Laugh at yourselfs, Cowards!

Latest posts