What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The coach.

Diesel

Referee
That confirms to me if true he'll be football manager sometime in the near future

Blair

Coach
Woeful Parramatta got themselves a supercoach but after a soft win over the Warriors they're slipping back into being, well, woeful.

It shows coaches can't always turn things around straight away.

joseph1

Juniors
Yeah looks like Parra are back to their old tricks. It could be a very wide open race for positions 5-8 this year given how the teams have begun the year (with very little consistency). Only Melbourne, Manly, Souths, and the Roosters look like they will be there.

jamaman

Juniors
Yeah looks like Parra are back to their old tricks. It could be a very wide open race for positions 5-8 this year given how the teams have begun the year (with very little consistency). Only Melbourne, Manly, Souths, and the Roosters look like they will be there.

We will see after 3 State of Origins

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol @ Cleary.

Just because the bums you hire after he looks ok.

When you do get a decent coach, the talent you produce will reap rewards.

playdaball

Bench
It was only a few months ago when Kidwell was set to be named as coach with Elliot as the 'manager' ... perhaps this is the way they'll roll next year?

They still need to recruit about 4 Aussie hard workers and hopefully 1 x marque player. The current crop are not up to it and in some cases, many are playing on reputations and the fact that the 2nd tier of players are not good enough - Locke, Manu,Rapira, Mateo etc.

Iafeta

Referee
These are professional athletes. They shouldn't need micro coaching on how to complete a hit up without error. The coach was about the last bloke last night who would deserve criticism.

Diesel

Referee
They are professional athletes and should play like ones, not giving up but playing for the 80 minutes. When these guys are getting more in one year than most of us make in 3 or 4 years for an average run of the mill player (not the money they are throwing at Carney) it's very hard for us to watch them lose games.

I think Elliott is doing a good job and is at least getting us competitive but last nights final 20 is hard to stomach. I hope he went postal on them and will drop a few for some Vulcan players

Diesel

Referee
Unless we collect the spoon and continue to be competitive Elliott won't be dropped, too much pride from management.

Like I said before I think Elliott is doing a good job with the cattle he's been given and the amature culture installed.

Like its said before in a previous post, 4 Campion style players and 1-2 marquee players

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Like its said before in a previous post, 4 Campion style players and 1-2 marquee players

Where are these players nowadays though? All I see are tattooed show ponies right across the NRL.

Who ever thought we'd see players turn out in bright orange boots and sculptured haircuts?

kos

Juniors
Blair
If you can remember Gary Kemble you might recall we had some pretty dud hair styles in our day-when I was 16 I had a fringe that came down to my chin.
Tatts give me the shits other than on the maori and polynesian boys where its a cultural historical issue.
I dont know how I would cope with Carney in the Warriors 6 jersey.
No the hair and coloured boots no issue but tatts .......

As for players.....Bird, Gallen, Glenn, they are the sort of never say die player we need.

Blair

Coach
Blair
If you can remember Gary Kemble you might recall we had some pretty dud hair styles in our day-when I was 16 I had a fringe that came down to my chin.
Tatts give me the shits other than on the maori and polynesian boys where its a cultural historical issue.
I dont know how I would cope with Carney in the Warriors 6 jersey.
No the hair and coloured boots no issue but tatts .......

As for players.....Bird, Gallen, Glenn, they are the sort of never say die player we need.

OK, you got me. I had my hair 'frosted' in the peak 80s. It was all Miami Vice in the nightclubs. At one stage there I even had two earrings. The good thing though is that the photos aren't all over social media.

Social media has ramped vanity and/or narcissism up to an unbearable level. The more famous you are the more you're affected, although that's not a general rule having viewed my cousins site with over 1000 photos of herself.

However, footballers even had 'perms' too in the late 70s/early 80s. Although I'd guess that the Sorenson brothers had natural ones.

Blair

Coach
Not our coach but Parramatta's.

I'm sure over on the Eels forum many posters would be demanding Sticky's head on a stick. They gave it to Kearney for a couple of years before their 'saviour' arrived. He'll be saying he has to have time to undo the 'damage' done by his predecessor.

Last night at Penrith was great for Cleary though.

Diesel

Referee
Buggered if I know if this guy is a reliable source, and I've only come across it by chance

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filewednesday-234018

Elliott facing the chop
Warriors coach Matthew Elliott needs to watch his back - from an unexpected direction. I'm hearing mail that the Warriors have sounded out Wigan coach Shaun Wane as a potential replacement for Elliott should the Warriors continue to struggle. Wane is best mates with senior Warriors official Dean Bell and is also very close to Wigan star Sam Tomkins, who is close to signing with the Kiwi club. Interestingly, Wane's wife visited New Zealand this week. Hmmmmm…

Last edited: