What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Matua

Bench
Which I concede i am in a small minority people who think Watchman was totally overrated... unsurprisingly it was also directed by Snyder.

the only film I liked of his was 300.
I'm the same, I really only like 300. The Watchmen was garbage. I was just bored watching it. The TV show is class.

He's just not a director for me.

I'm in the camp that didn't hate the dceu for the most part, despite seeing their flaws.
I don't hate it, I just find Zack's films crap. Aquaman and WW1 were good. WW2 wasn't very good due to poor story/script. Even though it wasn't that good, I liked JL better than MoS and BvS but that's due to me liking Whedon's style.

I was really disappointed by Shazam. I'm a fan of Levi as I think Chuck is great but that movie just didn't seem to have the charm it should have.

shiznit

Coach
This looks like such generic action horseshit.
I’m hoping it will be as advertised... as that’s what I’ve been looking forward to.

A 6hr MCU film with hopefully all the bells and whistles as the regular billion dollar box office monster’s they regularly produce.

my biggest fear is it ends up like one of those budget CW shows...

Wandavision showed serious promise... but they didn’t stick the landing IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m hoping it will be as advertised... as that’s what I’ve been looking forward to.

A 6hr MCU film with hopefully all the bells and whistles as the regular billion dollar box office monster’s they regularly produce.

my biggest fear is it ends up like one of those budget CW shows...

Wandavision showed serious promise... but they didn’t stick the landing IMO.
A 6 hour captain america winter solider sounds good to me.

gUt

Coach
Looks like another DC triumph:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-18/snyder-cut-justice-league-reviews-by-critics/100015160

Zack Snyder's Justice League divides critics

In 2017, critics and fans gave an overwhelming thumbs down to Joss Whedon's take on Justice League.

The film was supposed to be directed by Zack Snyder, but a family tragedy saw him and his producer wife step down before it was finished.

Now Snyder's vision for the film — a gritty, lengthy epic — has finally been brought to life following a fan-led campaign for its release.

Zack Snyder's Justice League will premiere in Australia on Binge at 6:00pm AEDT today, the same time as the rest of the world.

But a few critics have already sat through the 242 minutes of the film.

And opinions are split.

continues...

shiznit

Coach
A pirated version of the SnyderCut is up... :joy::joy:

I’ve seen the quality and it’s HD...

my god WB are just completely inept...

bileduct

Coach
A pirated version of the SnyderCut is up... :joy::joy:

I’ve seen the quality and it’s HD...

my god WB are just completely inept...
Why, because it got leaked a few hours early?

You realise this happens with TV shows all the time, right?

The only question I have is why is the leaked copy in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Frederick

Staff member

"The happiest stylistic surprise is Snyder’s use of the squarish Academy aspect ratio, nowadays uncommon but a perfectly valid artistic choice. This means that the shots actually look like comic-book panels, simply but carefully composed: often two characters on a diagonal axis, one in the foreground and the other further back."
https://www.smh.com.au/culture/movi...-but-genuinely-different-20210318-p57bvl.html

bileduct

Coach
"The happiest stylistic surprise is Snyder’s use of the squarish Academy aspect ratio, nowadays uncommon but a perfectly valid artistic choice. This means that the shots actually look like comic-book panels, simply but carefully composed: often two characters on a diagonal axis, one in the foreground and the other further back."
https://www.smh.com.au/culture/movi...-but-genuinely-different-20210318-p57bvl.html
Oh good, so I don't have to wait for a better copy then.

shiznit

Coach

Are you f**king serious??

The shit show that’s surrounded this from the allegations against Joss Wheeldon to Ray Fisher’s issues along with the obvious issues the heads at WB have had with Snyder just show how f**king terrible WB have been.

How about the fact the 1st hour or so was leaked last week to people who wanted to watch Tom & Jerry... :joy::joy:

Not to mention the absolute shithouse decision to announce that all the theatrical releases will play simultaneously on HBO Max on release... and they didn’t consult with their own production partners and film makers before the announcement.. :joy::joy:

WB are a f**king shambles.

And I can tell you right now... Falcon and the Winter Soldier won’t leak a minute before it’s due...

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Are you f**king serious??

The shit show that’s surrounded this from the allegations against Joss Wheeldon to Ray Fisher’s issues along with the obvious issues the heads at WB have had with Snyder just show how f**king terrible WB have been.

How about the fact the 1st hour or so was leaked last weekly to people who watched Tom & Jerry... :joy::joy:

Not to mention the absolute shithouse decision to announce that all the theatrical releases will play simultaneously on HBO Max on release... and they didn’t consult with their own production partners and film makers before the announcement.. :joy::joy:

WB are a f**king shambles.

And I can tell you right now... Falcon and the Winter Soldier won’t leak a minute before it’s due...
Have reviewers actually been sent copies of Falcon and the Winter Soldier for early reviews?

Because that's where shit goes off the rails. Someone gets an advance copy for review and then it gets out into the wild from there. It's been happening for literally decades with movies (screener copies distributed for awards nominations before theatrical releases) and every time a TV series offers the first handful of episodes for review purposes they invariably get out.

In this case there was a f**kup with the streaming service that was fixed in an hour, and it got leaked on the same day it was supposed to be released anyway, so who gives a f**k?

shiznit

Coach
Have reviewers actually been sent copies of Falcon and the Winter Soldier for early reviews?

Because that's where shit goes off the rails. Someone gets an advance copy for review and then it gets out into the wild from there. It's been happening for literally decades with movies (screener copies distributed for awards nominations before theatrical releases) and every time a TV series offers the first handful of episodes for review purposes they invariably get out.

In this case there was a f**kup with the streaming service that was fixed in an hour, and it got leaked on the same day it was supposed to be released anyway, so who gives a f**k?

yes I know what screener season is... it’s one of my favourite times of the year if I’m honest... :joy::joy:

And yes screeners were sent out about 4-5 days ago for the first episode of FATWS.

the first 3 episodes were sent out for reviewers for Wandavision before the big launch for that too...

As far as I know no one leaked those episodes.

and as far as who gives a f**k... I’d say no one really other than ardent SnyderCut fanboys... but you can’t deny how funny it is to see WB’s continue to f**k up... :joy::joy:

bileduct

Coach
Hahahahahah!!! Zack Snyder went on a charity livestream that had Jeremy from Geeks+Gamers on it, and the very first thing he did was publicly distance himself from Geeks+Gamers and said he didn't support hate groups!

Jeremy got f**king owned!

bileduct

Coach
Ok, just watched the original Justice League in preparation for the Snyder Cut and I gotta say... yikes... I don't remember it being that f**king bad.

In my defense I am going to say that I always used to punch a fair few cones before going to the cinema, so my memory of Justice League is definitely drug affected. Plus I never bothered watching it a second time. Having not smoked in a few years now and having a clear mind I can definitely say it is garbage.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Ok, just watched the original Justice League in preparation for the Snyder Cut and I gotta say... yikes... I don't remember it being that f**king bad.

In my defense I am going to say that I always used to punch a fair few cones before going to the cinema, so my memory of Justice League is definitely drug affected. Plus I never bothered watching it a second time. Having not smoked in a few years now and having a clear mind I can definitely say it is garbage.
Does this mean that your memory of marvel movies is also drug affected and they're better than you remember?

shiznit

Coach

dude... 3 of my all time favourite cinema experience’s were watching absolute terrible films but BLAZED... :joy::joy:

A Seth Rogan film Pineapple Express.. a Jet Li film called The One and Borat.

actually that’s 2 terrible films... I laughed just as hard watching Borat when I wasn’t high as giraffes pussy... :joy::joy: