What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Doghouse

Jasdragon

Juniors
Parramatta without doubt are our biggest rivals. Second is the Roosters. Not because of what's happened of late, but because of what happened in the 70s and 80s - 1974 and 1980 Grand Finals for instance. The Dragons would be up there though somewhere in the top 5.

Gee I was a little surprised by that :shock:, every Dogs supporter that I have ever spoken to says us. It's prob cause you have had the wood over us in recent years but now it's our turn :lol:, Oh well I'll just keep enjoying the Dragons smashing the dogs for the next age! :p

dogz08

First Grade
Gee I was a little surprised by that :shock:, every Dogs supporter that I have ever spoken to says us. It's prob cause you have had the wood over us in recent years but now it's our turn :lol:, Oh well I'll just keep enjoying the Dragons smashing the dogs for the next age! :p

It was 1-1 this year between us, i can see joshy morris haveing a great year next year, then dragons fans would be asking why you let him go :p

Bulldog Force

Referee
The Dragons hate the Bulldogs more than the Bulldogs hate the Dragons - I think that's got to do with the Bulldogs signing Dragons players year after year. I'm one of the Bulldogs fans that doesn't like this. I'd prefer we develop our own players more. If you look at the amount of players we've signed over the years, it doesn't make us any better than the Roosters:

• Tony Grimaldi
  • Luke Patten
  • Daniel Holdsworth
  • Daryl Millard
  • Ryan Millard
  • Charlie Leaono
  • Josh Morris
I'm sure I've missed a few.

dogz08

First Grade
The Dragons hate the Bulldogs more than the Bulldogs hate the Dragons - I think that's got to do with the Bulldogs signing Dragons players year after year. I'm one of the Bulldogs fans that doesn't like this. I'd prefer we develop our own players more. If you look at the amount of players we've signed over the years, it doesn't make us any better than the Roosters:

• Tony Grimaldi
  • Luke Patten
  • Daniel Holdsworth
  • Daryl Millard
  • Ryan Millard
  • Charlie Leaono
  • Josh Morris

I'd say Grimaldi.. Patten.. and Morris are the only decent one's there..

Jasdragon

Juniors

• Tony Grimaldi
  • Luke Patten
  • Daniel Holdsworth
  • Daryl Millard
  • Ryan Millard
  • Charlie Leaono
  • Josh Morris

Once again that's just cause you have had the wood on us but not anymore, just wait you anger will increase ten fold once we smash you year after year :lol:.

I don't hate the dogs for taking our players as most of them were sh*t anyway and we have had much better players poached by other clubs over the years e.g Tallis, Fitzgibbon and Bailey etc. I hate your club cause of your wanker fans and players not to mention the club and the way it's run.

But now we have Bennett he has already brought in more players than we have ever (by memory) and there will be better quality ones to come so the rest of the league will now cop losing good players to the Dragons not the other way around :).

I believe a good side uses the approach of having a good mix of local players as well as bought ones e.g Bronco's, Dogs and Manly etc and that is the reason the Dragons haven't one in ages, but will change now :).

itsadogslife

Juniors
But now we have Bennett he has already brought in more players than we have ever (by memory) and there will be better quality ones to come so the rest of the league will now cop losing good players to the Dragons not the other way around :).

I hope you are right about bennet being your saviour..... i have thought that for many years.... especially since 1992 that the dragons have had the personel to win at least 3 or 4 comps......

how did Alfy Langer put it *St George cant play.. St George cant play*

and i personally dont think bennet will make one bit of difference....

Jasdragon

Juniors
I hope you are right about bennet being your saviour..... i have thought that for many years.... especially since 1992 that the dragons have had the personel to win at least 3 or 4 comps......

how did Alfy Langer put it *St George cant play.. St George cant play*

and i personally dont think bennet will make one bit of difference....

We have all to gain and nothing to lose and I would rather him than Moore any day.

>zuzu<

Juniors
We have all to gain and nothing to lose and I would rather him than Moore any day.
Bit of a nufie statement - if you dont mind me saying so.

A coach who has won 6 premierships over a fairly unproven rookie?

Who wouldnt..

But nonetheless - i think he will bring a little more discipline out of the troops. I think he will have a major influence on a select few.

>zuzu<

Juniors
And in regards to the spoon, not one other team deserved it, as proven by the ladder. Conceded the most posts, defence was all over the place. I think its just a symbol of how "all over the place" our season was. Off field dramas kicked off with Mason leaving, then the boardroom dramas, SBWs departure, Arana Taumata's bashing.. the list goes on.

We will come through stronger - Not sure if we can put up a strong contending hand for the premiership next year, but i think we will be in and around the 8

Jasdragon

Juniors
All to gain? never no you's might be taking the wooden spoon of us next year ;-)

Nah I think the Dogs have more of a chance of a repeat than we do of getting it :D, our squad has a lot of depth yours doesn't. Regardless I think the Tigers (the other would be Panthers) will get it next season. I picked the Dogs from the start of this season :D.

dogz08

First Grade
Nah I think the Dogs have more of a chance of a repeat than we do of getting it :D, our squad has a lot of depth yours doesn't. Regardless I think the Tigers (the other would be Panthers) will get it next season. I picked the Dogs from the start of this season :D.

I don't think so, i think our team next year is better then yours we still have money to spend so our team is not complete yet, and about us winning the spoon that's in the past now, we can forget about us winning won ever again :cool:

bulldog

Bench
TBH I'm pretty keen to see what Bennett can do at the Dragons, it shapes as a test of both the Dragons constant underacheiver tag as much as Bennetts super coach status.

I'll be watching the Dragons with a little more interest than usual next year.

Jasdragon

Juniors
I don't think so, i think our team next year is better then yours we still have money to spend so our team is not complete yet, and about us winning the spoon that's in the past now, we can forget about us winning won ever again :cool:

:lol::crazy: How the hell is you team better than ours your dreaming we have you covered in almost every position. And we also have plenty of cash to spend.

dogz08

First Grade
:lol::crazy: How the hell is you team better than ours your dreaming we have you covered in almost every position. And we also have plenty of cash to spend.

Bullsh*t :p i think missing the top 8 next year will be where the dragons finish...another failed season :cool:

Lynch

Juniors
Bullsh*t :p i think missing the top 8 next year will be where the dragons finish...another failed season :cool:
MAte signing Ben Rogers and actually playing him WILL ENSURE dragons finsh spooners/ bottom feeders.:lol:
So no worries there :)

Jasdragon

Juniors
MAte signing Ben Rogers and actually playing him WILL ENSURE dragons finsh spooners/ bottom feeders.:lol:
So no worries there :)

Mate the Dogs are the wooden spooners :lol:, plus that dick is gone to the Knights so good luck to them :D! and the dogs signed Noddy :lol:!