What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dolphins brand, jersey, merch etc

The people of Jimboomba may disagree.

Logan once wanted to be part of the Gold Coast but the Gold Coast said no.
Lol you've polled them have you?

Who gives a f**k if they wanted that, facts are they are greater Brisbane

I suppose Penrith and Campbelltown aren't Sydney either

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lol you've polled them have you?

Who gives a f**k if they wanted that, facts are they are greater Brisbane

I suppose Penrith and Campbelltown aren't Sydney either
Well Penrith and Campbelltown have their own distinct history, you might need a better example.

Actuaaly I did a door knock in Redcliife and asked a number of key questions.
1. Is Redcliffe a city?
2. What's your favourite song?
3. Are there any Dolphins in Brisbane?
4. Does the Axe of Druss have a sense of humour?

Correct answers:
1. Knofe!
2. Spicks and Specks.
3. Where the f**k is Brisbane? Is it near Logan?
4. No.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Look, it's OK. You say that RL fans don't travel, but then boast that you've watched RL all over the world. So I agree that you're not a RL fan.
I'm not the one who keeps going on about 30km being too far to get to a game! Me thinks you are being a bit too literal in your interpretation of my statement!

Well Penrith and Campbelltown have their own distinct history, you might need a better example.

Actuaaly I did a door knock in Redcliife and asked a number of key questions.
1. Is Redcliffe a city?
2. What's your favourite song?
3. Are there any Dolphins in Brisbane?
4. Does the Axe of Druss have a sense of humour?

Correct answers:
1. Knofe!
2. Spicks and Specks.
3. Where the f**k is Brisbane? Is it near Logan?
4. No.
and you have the temerity to accuse others of being pompous twits.......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm not the one who keeps going on about 30km being too far to get to a game! Me thinks you are being a bit too literal in your interpretation of my statement!
I made no mention of that. I see comprehension ain't your strong point.

The people of Jimboomba may disagree.

Logan once wanted to be part of the Gold Coast but the Gold Coast said no.
Around the 2007 there were plans from the Beattie Gov to amalgamate Logan and Redlands, but both cities were against it.

Cr Lisa Bradley proposed the idea of adding the north-eastern suburbs of Logan to Redlands.

Yeah f**k "The Dolphins" name. This shit simply shouldn't be allowed. The governing body should have forced them to choose a geographical name but they're weak as piss. It's a waste of a license.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Around the 2007 there were plans from the Beattie Gov to amalgamate Logan and Redlands, but both cities were against it.

Cr Lisa Bradley proposed the idea of adding the north-eastern suburbs of Logan to Redlands.
Yeah I recall hearing something along those lines. There was also something about moving the greater city border south to include Yatala. It never happened. Plus there was a squabble over Beenleigh. The local news tried to turn it into some sort of Brisbane-Gold Coast rivalry but no one really cared.

Some folks are dreaming of a Bris-GC mega city merger in the future.

Yeah I recall hearing something along those lines. There was also something about moving the greater city border south to include Yatala. It never happened. Plus there was a squabble over Beenleigh. The local news tried to turn it into some sort of Brisbane-Gold Coast rivalry but no one really cared.

Some folks are dreaming of a Bris-GC mega city merger in the future.
A few years before the council amalgamation there was a suggestion of renaming Logan to Silver City. I remember reading about it in the Albert and Logan News. Thank God that never eventuated.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A few years before the council amalgamation there was a suggestion of renaming Logan to Silver City. I remember reading about it in the Albert and Logan News. Thank God that never eventuated.
Silver City? ie near Gold Coast? lol. They would have never lived that down.

That said, Logan is named after a fellow who wasn't all that popular in his day - apparently the locals threw a party after his death. So maybe there were ulterior motives for the name change.

Yeah f**k "The Dolphins" name. This shit simply shouldn't be allowed. The governing body should have forced them to choose a geographical name but they're weak as piss. It's a waste of a license.
Moreton Bay Dolphins would be a good name. Its identify would be geographical appropriate and historically relevant. The first European settlement in Queensland was based in Redcliffe and known as the Moreton Bay Settlement, or something along those lines. It was then abandoned and removed to Wickham Terrace due to being hard to defend.

With the Broncos based not far from Wickham Terrace and the Dolphins not far from the original settlement, it could be billed as a battle that dates back 200 years. Over time it could become a fierce rivalry that predates the creation of rugby league by almost a century. The Queensland and NSW rivalry has been good for the game, so there's no reason this cannot be the equivalent at NRL level.

My next step would be to bring in the Easts Tigers under the Logan brand. Captain Patrick Logan played an integral role in keeping the Moreton Bay settlement in tact when there were plans to abandon it altogether. Many localities on the southside, including a RL loving city of 330k people, are named after him. Three teams, covering all of Greater Brisbane, with geographical and historical relevance that will create spirited tribalism over the decades. It would be a good way of educating kids in SEQ about the history of the area while promoting rugby league, without having to spend a single cent. Free advertising is the best.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The governing body are the ones who forced this dumb ass decision on them!

Silver City? ie near Gold Coast? lol. They would have never lived that down.

That said, Logan is named after a fellow who wasn't all that popular in his day - apparently the locals threw a party after his death. So maybe there were ulterior motives for the name change.
Captain Patrick Logan was hated by the convicts he whipped, so they celebrated when he was murdered.

A lot of localities are named after Captain Logan. One of the longest roads in Brisbane is Logan Road and it begins just a few hundreds metres from Langlands Park and extends all the way into the north-eastern suburbs of Logan. It would make a lot of sense for Easts Tigers to bid under the Logan brand as they clubs located down the corridor that Logan Road dominates. Maybe something like Logan Captains, Logan Chiefs, Logan Lancers or some other name that can be linked to 19th century Australia. Or even Logan Firehawks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Captain Patrick Logan was hated by the convicts he whipped, so they celebrated when he was murdered.

A lot of localities are named after Captain Logan. One of the longest roads in Brisbane is Logan Road and it begins just a few hundreds metres from Langlands Park and extends all the way into the north-eastern suburbs of Logan. It would make a lot of sense for Easts Tigers to bid under the Logan brand as they clubs located down the corridor that Logan Road dominates. Maybe something like Logan Captains, Logan Chiefs, Logan Lancers or some other name that can be linked to 19th century Australia. Or even Logan Firehawks.
If any sense it should be south queensland or south brisbane somethings. Ideally we would have MB or north brisbane dolphins, brisbane broncos and south brisbane firehawks. But not for a long long time, perth then nz 2 then Adelaide then brisbane 3.